Wiki created[edit source]
Hello, I would like to tell you that I have created your wiki. You can now access it at https://proxybot.miraheze.org. You should automatically have been granted administrator and bureaucrat rights, if that's not the case then please leave a notice on Stewards' noticeboard so we can fix it immediately. Do not hesitate to ask questions if your question was not answered in our FAQ. Also, if you want a extension, gadget, or anything else, please ask us here. Thank you for choosing Miraheze, and we wish you good luck with your wiki! -- Void Whispers 20:16, 12 June 2017 (UTC)
On wiki creation template[edit source]
Activity on Meta[edit source]
I hope that my message does not come across as unseemly. Since your activity has significantly dropped on Meta last year I wanted to know if you were still interested in contributing to Meta and more broadly if you still wished to retain and use your Meta administrator permissions.
- This is clear absenteeism. We are full of phantom admins. We only have quantities. --YellowFrogger (talk) (✔) 06:30, 2 February 2022 (UTC)
- Yes I do wish to retain my rights, I’ve been a semi-retired user for awhile now and it is accepted that I am one and am allowed to keep my rights even as such. Zppix (Meta | talk to me) 20:34, 2 February 2022 (UTC)
As part my periodic review of approved and declined requests, typically via the farmer log, I came across your creation of
downloadram.miraheze.org using the Special:CreateWiki special page. After conferring with Raidarr, as a fellow Steward, and Agent Isai, as a wiki creator, for context, and the latter's referring me to a relevant conversation in a private channel on the Miraheze Discord server, I'm left with a number of unanswered questions, particularly since two wiki creators in that Discord channel expressed concerns about that potential wiki and one of which encouraged you not to create it, so I'm hoping you can provide clarification.
- Why did you use Special:CreateWiki rather than Special:RequestWiki? While nothing in the policy precludes wiki creators from creating wikis directly using Special:CreateWiki, the generally accepted practice (see also the wiki creators' guide) is to use Special:RequestWiki, so the wiki request is documented in the Special:RequestWikiQueue. The wiki creator would then either (a) ask another wiki creator to review it or (b) review it themselves;
- What is the purpose and scope of and for the wiki, as required by Content Policy? Additionally, what type of content will the wiki contain, and how will you ensure the wiki does not contain potentially harmful scams themselves, noting your relative global inactivity on Miraheze, not to mention a haven for spam?;
- How can you explain the obvious mismatch between the subdomain, being
downloadram.miraheze.org, and your stated wiki request description to create a "database of scams;" and,
- Why did you opt to create the wiki in light of two other wiki creators' expressing reservations and/or encouraging not to create it?
- I talked about it in discord, and at the moment no one had expressed any reservations about it. In fact, a couple liked the idea. Zppix (Meta | talk to me) 14:40, 30 May 2022 (UTC)
Thank you for making the wiki[edit source]
I appreciate it -- I don't think I saw any rule on wiki creation limit. There should probably be a rule on that, but I'd imagine one should just not request them every few days or excessively or prove that they can continue developing and adding to the wikis that they have already requested. I don't know if you've seen Croc Wiki or its other affiliated wiki communities, but I've kind of been working on a network in its own right (kind of like how several users manage Qualitipedia wikis), although these are encyclopedic. I have a custom domain reserved for Rarepedia (i bought). There is one more I might request in coming days (I already have a custom domain for it), but I'll establish this one first & might do a content fork because the Fandom wiki is abandoned). Again, I appreciate your help on this. :) Bawitdaba (talk) 23:25, 29 June 2022 (UTC)