Past discussions may be found in the archives. You may link to them if they are relevant, but please do not edit them.
- 1 How do i add announcements,ents to our wiki?
- 2 http://testwiki.wiki
- 3 monaco
- 4 Hey, Void.
- 5 About an admin on Rotten Websites Wiki
- 6 I can't post comments on Toxic Fandoms And Hatedoms Wiki
- 7 False ban
- 8 Something's wrong with adding extensions.
- 9 Rename
- 10 A barnstar for you!
- 11 Recent changes problem
- 12 A problem on Loathsome Characters Wiki
- 13 Please ban me permanently (I mean it)
- 14 Extension
- 15 Changing my username!
- 16 Hey mate, owner of HRWW here
- 17 A vandal
- 18 Did this user get hacked or something?
- 19 Can you delete this wiki I made?
- 20 Hi
- 21 HELP!!!
- 22 There is this issue which needs to be fixed TBH
- 23 Question about mass deleting
How do i add announcements,ents to our wiki?[edit source]
Please contribute more over on that wiki then on this wiki. Hello, Void, and I am now active on testwiki.wiki. Since you are a steward and sysadmin there, can you patrol that wiki with some other people? Znotch190711 (Contribs - My wiki - CA) 07:54, 5 August 2019 (UTC)
- i want to use monaco skin ,can you help me?--Msnhinet8 (talk) 06:31, 6 August 2019 (UTC)
- i think shoutwiki can use monaco skin ,miraheze also can use monaco skin.--Msnhinet8 (talk) 06:33, 6 August 2019 (UTC)
- monaco skin。--Msnhinet8 (talk) 06:34, 6 August 2019 (UTC)
- Hi, @Msnhinet8: I've just checked our records and in phab:T3997 back in January, the skin was declined as the open source versions were not kept up to date. Shoutwiki's own version is closed source. For future requests for configuration, extensions and skins please use Tech:Phabricator ~ RhinosF1 - (chat) · CA · contribs · Rights - offline) 06:43, 6 August 2019 (UTC)
Hey, Void.[edit source]
Why did you delete the Raid On Liberapedia section? We told users not to hack, and that it is against US law to. Why Is it deleted?
- @Anti Sinistram AZ: As I recall, the exact wording on the page was "Do not hack unless using a VPN" (emphasis mine). While yes, the next sentence did mention that it is illegal to hack, you were not discouraging them, rather you were telling them how to do it safely. Furthermore, even without mentioning illegal behavior, staff have set precedent that it is against global policy to setup raids against other wikis/platforms, whether or not they are on Miraheze. -- Void Whispers 22:13, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
@Void yes. I was warning users that the activity of hacking was not safe. That is why I said to use a vpn to do so. I was not organizing the raid on the article, but I was rather simply telling viewers about it. It is not. Ring organized here and is being organized on our discord!
About an admin on Rotten Websites Wiki[edit source]
There's an admin on https://rottenwebsites.miraheze.org/wiki/Rotten_Websites_Wiki named Vicious187. He has recently blocked a user named Seanbuscus2000 from the wiki, Awesome Games Wiki, and Crappy Games Wiki over the fact that he's part of the Reception Flame Wars Wiki. He's also done the same to users such as Mar9122, Portrock1566, and angrybirdsfanonmiraheze. What happened was that a user named Se made a forum post (which is now deleted) about Vicious over him blocking him from Rotten Websites Wiki. Because of this, Vicious is now blocking users who are part of that wiki, even if they didn't do anything wrong. He is not doing good. He's abusing his power. I will get more evidence if you want. What do you plan on doing with him? Eijitheawesome (talk) 04:08, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
UPDATE: Vicious187 has just slandered Atrocious YouTubers Wiki, Reception Flame Wars Wiki, and Flawless FANDOM Users Wiki. He's calling us troll sites and is now going to mercilessly block whoever is a member of those wikis, even if they did nothing wrong! Do something! https://crappygames.miraheze.org/wiki/Blog:For_anybody_thats_an_admin_on_the_mainline_reception_wikis. Eijitheawesome (talk) 04:23, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
I can't post comments on Toxic Fandoms And Hatedoms Wiki[edit source]
- @Kaynedenny: Sorry for the late response, but a bureaucrat needs to assign the 'comment' right to a user group. -- Void Whispers 14:49, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
False ban[edit source]
Something's wrong with adding extensions.[edit source]
I tried adding new extensions but I keep getting this error.
The following errors occurred:Extension blogpage was not added because of failed requirements.
- (Talk page stalker) Hi @Eijitheawesome:, It's likely one of the extensions blog page requires like 'Social Profile' isn't installed on your wiki which you can enable thorough Special:ManageWiki/extensions. If not, let us know in which wiki and we'll have a closer look. :) ~ RhinosF1 - (chat) · CA · contribs · Rights - offline) 19:43, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, SocialProfile is installed in the wiki. The wikis I'm referring to are Flawless FANDOM Wikis and Users and Atrocious YouTubers Wiki. Eijitheawesome (talk) 19:49, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
Hello. Can you change my username to "Smalkade"? Thanks. Haizaki 13:34, 3 September 2019 (UTC)
A barnstar for you![edit source]
|The Technical Barnstar|
|For being our go to for CSS and JS and the many other technical things you do for us. :) Keep it up ~ RhinosF1 - (chat) · CA · contribs · Rights - offline) 20:03, 5 September 2019 (UTC)|
Recent changes problem[edit source]
Is there anything to do to fix the recent changes in Incredible Wikis and Users Wiki??? Here's the fucking link.
https://incrediblewikisandusers.miraheze.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges Portrock1566 (talk) 22:21, 1 October 2019 (UTC)
A problem on Loathsome Characters Wiki[edit source]
A user called ChroniclesXII is causing chaos on the wiki I mentioned. More details can be seen here. Since he's a bureaucrat and admin on that wiki, he can only be stopped by a steward. --Seewater514 (talk) 21:10, 3 October 2019 (UTC)
- Seems to be handled locally for now. I'm only willing to step in if this continues to escalate, or if the local administration asks for the advanced rights to be removed. -- Void Whispers 21:31, 3 October 2019 (UTC)
- Update: Now he's asking for his rights to be removed and his account to be closed as seen in this talk page. --Seewater514 (talk) 22:41, 3 October 2019 (UTC)
Please ban me permanently (I mean it)[edit source]
Void, you need to ban me permanently because I was a horrible influence to the Miraheze website. Please, you have to; I've committed the sins of Pride, Envy, and Wrath. Please ban me permanently. I was causing chaos on several wikis; especially the ones mentioned above. --ChroniclesXII (talk) 22:52, 3 October 2019 (UTC)
- I'm only going to remove your advanced rights for now. Please take some time to think about what you want. If this is truly what you've decided, come back to me tomorrow, in a week, or however long you need. If you need anything, I'll be here. Best wishes, -- Void Whispers 23:42, 3 October 2019 (UTC)
- I wonder if locking per self request is allowed based on our policies. Locking is a measure against abusive accounts. Besides, if users feel like leaving Miraheze, they can simply stop logging into their account(s) and leave, and I don't find the need for locking an account even if requested by the users themselves (unless we find their violation of our policies by ourselves).--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 07:59, 4 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hi, the free unlimited host can install Extension:MediaWikiFarm and Extension:createwiki in my wiki?--Msnhinet8 (talk) 04:35, 4 October 2019 (UTC)
- 維基家族, i only give taiwan user create wiki.--Msnhinet8 (talk) 04:36, 4 October 2019 (UTC)
Changing my username![edit source]
- You can make a request at Special:GlobalRenameRequest.--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 08:06, 4 October 2019 (UTC)
Hey mate, owner of HRWW here[edit source]
Can you close horridreceptionwikis.miraheze.org? its practically dead.
A vandal[edit source]
There's a vandal named Gripp who just destroyed a wiki known as Wage 10. He deleted every single page on it and blocked everyone on it. He also sent me a message that's very offensive on Terrible TV Shows Wiki. Please block him right away.
UPDATE: I also found another message he sent to a user named MJ2009 on Terrible TV Shows Wiki.
==An offensive user== (resolved)
Did this user get hacked or something?[edit source]
A user by the name of SoboKim recently made a bunch of angry posts on the Terrible TV Shows Wiki, where he/she insulted this website and the internet as a whole in all-caps, which resulted in the user getting blocked. Since these posts were very out-of-character, me and another user believe he/she got hacked. --Seewater514 (talk) 01:48, 15 October 2019 (UTC)
Can you delete this wiki I made?[edit source]
I've abandoned the wiki and it's been translated into some language, like German. Can you please delete it?
There's a user named VenoMz that's vandalizing Terrible TV Shows Wiki and is harassing a user known as MJ2009. Can someone block him please?
A user named IAmEiji, ErtasVideos Matthew The Guy, Robotic Jeffy, and Unnamedgoon should be raped by Sticky is wreaking havoc on Loathsome Characters Wiki!!! And there are no active admins on there right now!!! Block him please and undo all of his edits!!!
- Will look into. However, please do not encourage the vandals by insulting them back and instead leave this to CVT or Stewards to take care of. Reception123 (talk) (C) 08:24, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
There is this issue which needs to be fixed TBH[edit source]
So, when I try to link to websites like youtube, I get a error with NoParserException, unless I space stuff from the link. It gets kind of annoying when I try to link to stuff on Atrocious YouTubers Wiki on YouTube. - JaguarByte Productions
- Could you please indicate a link to where this is happening? Reception123 (talk) (C) 17:12, 5 December 2019 (UTC)
Question about mass deleting[edit source]
Is there any way I can delete all pages included in a certain category at once? There's a category on Awesome Games Wiki that contains nothing but over 2,000 broken files, and I really don't want to spend hours going through the category deleting the files one at a time. --Seewater514 (talk) 04:29, 5 December 2019 (UTC)
- @Seewater514: Hi, unfortunately MediaWiki does not have such a function yet. Please request this on Phabricator and the deletion will be performed by sysadmins. Reception123 (talk) (C) 17:12, 5 December 2019 (UTC)
- @Seewater514: Do you have the ReplaceText feature enabled on Awesome Games Wiki, Seewater? Thank u, next, Eiji (talk) 23:53, 5 December 2019 (UTC)
- It is enabled, but only admins are able to use it. --Seewater514 (talk) 05:49, 6 December 2019 (UTC)
- @Seewater514: Incase you didn't see the phabricator task, I have deleted every file in the Videos category, for you :) Also, I am sorry for spamming your recent changes on the wiki, the script doesn't allow me to set the deletion as a bot action. Zppix (Meta | CVT Member | talk to me) 13:57, 6 December 2019 (UTC)