I know you mean well, but I just wanted to drop you a quick note regarding a couple of things:
- Welcoming users. Please do not welcome users to Meta Wiki unless they have made editing contributions to Meta Wiki. The reason for this is rather simple, though wasn't obvious to me at first either: we have a lot of spam only accounts, alternate accounts, and even vandalism only accounts who never contribute to Meta Wiki. There is no need to welcome them to Meta Wiki for obvious reasons
- Warning users. Please do not warn users as a Meta administrator would. Additionally, do not warn them about potential Username Policy violations. If you have something to report regarding local vandalism or disruption, you can use Meta:Administrators' noticeboard, but you're strongly encouraged to use IRC in the connect channel or to use Discord in the
#generalas it's much quicker and saves us having to respond to your report using wikitext markup. If you need to report a Username Policy violation, or a potential one rather, please see stewards' noticeboard, but again preference is to use connect on IRC for the preceding reason
Thanks so much! :)
- K gotcha. Thnx. Sperosdurell (talk) 01:33, 19 June 2021 (UTC)
I have had to delete several user talk page creations where you, though with good intentions, welcomed new users who've not made any editing contributions to Meta Wiki. Though I thought my previous advice to you was quite clear, to which you agreed, I'll assume good-faith here and assume you thought that log actions counted as editing contributions. For greater and absolute clarity, they do not. An editing contribution is narrowly construed and defined as an edit to a page, not counting any blank page creations. A wiki request is a log action and should not be treated as an editing contribution for our purposes.
As well, on two or three of your user talk page creations, your sole purpose for welcoming new users to Meta Wiki was to promote your own wiki(s). This cannot continue as it is quite spammy.
Please do take care to avoid promoting your own wiki(s) or wiki(s) of others in user talk namespace on Meta Wiki. We have Gazetteer of wikis, Special:WikiDiscover, and connect on IRC and Discord for this purpose. Please also ensure you adhere to this reminder regarding welcoming users who've not made a narrowly construed editing contribution. Failure to heed this reminders may cause you to be indefinitely partially blocked on Meta Wiki in one or more namespaces, as appropriate, for disruption. Finally, for absolute clarity, as with the previous reminders on your previous account, these reminders are to you as a person, not to your account, and thus you are reminded of user accounts policy, a global policy to which all Mirahezians are bound, should you create any future accounts.
Thank you for your cooperation. :)
- Understood. Sperosdurell (talk) 09:32, 5 July 2021 (UTC)
- Am I going to be banned from requesting wikis like before? I surely hope not. Apologies. Sperosdurell (talk) 09:59, 5 July 2021 (UTC)