Hello, I would like to tell you that I have created your wiki. You can now access it at https://cogitopedie.miraheze.org. You should automatically have been granted administrator and bureaucrat rights, if that's not the case then please leave a notice on Stewards' noticeboard so we can fix it immediately. Do not hesitate to ask questions if your question was not answered in our FAQ. Also, if you want a extension, gadget, or anything else, please ask us here. Thank you for choosing Miraheze, and we wish you good luck with your wiki! -- Void Whispers 21:22, 30 December 2016 (UTC)
Just letting you know that there's been a small change to the RequestWiki UI this morning and you can check the new steps to take here.
Mainly wanted to note that you can leave the reason field blank if you are approving a request, as it will automatically link to the request.
Also would like to note that declining is now also done via the "Handle request" section rather than a separate one.
- Thank you! — Preceding unsigned comment added by PERCE-NEIGE (talk • contribs) 14:44, 28 September 2020 (UTC)
- @PERCE-NEIGE: Apologies for your having received this mass message sent by @Reception123: to Category:Wiki creators, which, perhaps, identifies an issue with using a category populated by users that use the user wiki creator userbox template. Nevertheless, as Reception123 kindly explained to you below, wiki creators are those permissioned users that approve and create wikis on Meta, not users who have merely created a wiki. If you are interested in becoming a wiki creator, I would recommend reading Content Policy and Meta:Wiki creators guide, then reaching out to either Reception123 or myself in a few weeks time to ask you a series of preparatory questions to assess whether you're ready to run for the role. This helps to make for qualified candidates and successful candidacies. Dmehus (talk) 14:47, 29 September 2020 (UTC)
- (Please sign your posts on talk pages by using four tildes like this:
~~~~.) Dmehus (talk) 14:47, 29 September 2020 (UTC)
- @Reception123: Just an FYI...when you send a mass message using the MassMessage extension, the four tildes (
~~~~) are for the MediaWiki message delivery maintenance bot user, so what RhinosF1 and I do is simply manually add wikilinks to our own user and user talk pages following the word "for," so the mass message clearly identifies who sent the message (other than through hidden wikicomments). It's not required, but seems to be a good practice. Dmehus (talk) 14:53, 29 September 2020 (UTC)
Hi, I was wondering why you have a wiki creator userbox on your userpage despite the fact that you have never been (or even requested to be) wiki creator. I will assume good faith and assume that maybe you misunderstood what a wiki creator is, but could you please remove the userbox from your userpage in order to avoid confusion and for people to think that you're a wiki creator? Reception123 (talk) (C) 19:21, 28 September 2020 (UTC)
- Hello. Sorry. Yes, I misunderstood what is a wiki creator, I though it was someone who created and own a wiki here. I removed the box. "Wiki creator" is a bit ambiguous for me, I never though of reading the page that defines this term, I though it was self explanatory.
- Just out of curiosity: "simple" users sometimes request the "wiki creator" status? — Preceding unsigned comment added by PERCE-NEIGE (talk • contribs) 11:46, 29 September 2020 (UTC)
- Well, wiki creators are users that have the ability to approve and create wikis after being voted on by the community. Regular users cannot create wikis on Miraheze, they must request wikis first which are then reviewed by creators and either approved or declined. Reception123 (talk) (C) 12:29, 29 September 2020 (UTC)