My opinion on the wiki request #27792[edit source]
(the request in question, while I'm not a wiki creator or steward I think there's no problem with giving my opinion. Excuse my backseat moderating.)
First, the request contains a lot of text unrelated to the wiki. We can trim it down to figure out what kind of wiki they're requesting. The parts in red are the ones I consider unrelated, the parts in green are the ones relevant:
Hello. I'm Switzerland. I want you to create a wiki project for me - CountryPyramids Wiki This wiki will be about states, major cities, ordinary cities and so on. The wiki will have its own canons and non-canons, its own rules and administrators. I love Meta, you created one wiki for me. I love you very much and thank you. However, I will be very glad if you accept this request. And also, can you please answer quickly? Thank you in advance. While. And I also forgot that this wiki, which I ask for, can contact the Polandball wiki a little. However, I will repeat once again that my wiki will have its own rules, canons, non-canons, wiki friends and wiki enemies.
There's obviously a language barrier at play here, however, the following can be reasonably assumed about this request:
- The wiki will cover various places in the world
The following I'm not so sure about:
- The wiki will have its own canons and non-canons. This kinda makes me think this wiki is an alternative history wiki, with the "canons" being events that happened in the real world, and the "non-canons" being alternative history events.
- This wiki (...) can contact the Polandball wiki a little. This presumably comes in response to Agent Isai's comment ("Is this related to "Countryballs"?"). I don't know what the *ball wikis are about, but I suppose they're either alternative history wikis or wikis memeing the country they're about, for example, being about exaggerated stereotypes of those countries. From this line, I assume the requester was inspired by the Polandball wikis to request this wiki. Given that it's unlikely to be content forks of an existing wiki, as they seem to be different in scope, there would presumably be no problems in that front.
In any case, this request is clearly unclear and should be Rejected. Some questions need to be asked to the requester:
- Is this an alternative history wiki? Or is this a wiki about cities and events in those cities in the real world?
- Will the wiki be mainly about living people? (if the wiki is about real cities, it's important to know if citizens of those cities are in the scope of the wiki)
- Is this a Polandball-inspired wiki? Will the wiki be a fork of Polandball?
- The feedback is appreciated, thanks. There was no consensus on what to do with this request among the Wiki Creator group, I took the action to move it as purely an administrative step. :)
- That said, great feedback, I'll take the initiative to see if we can get some closure on this request. --NotAracham (talk • contribs • global) 18:54, 23 November 2022 (UTC)
- No problem, glad to help. To be honest, I think the request will be rejected no matter what because of the barrier. I think it highlights the importance of having a lot of wiki creators that speak different languages. OrangeStar (talk) 19:06, 23 November 2022 (UTC)
Can you see now I'm update https://meta.miraheze.org/wiki/Special:RequestWikiQueue/28157
- Hi Gani, thank you for updating the original request. However, your description is still a single sentence and still doesn't fully answer what kinds of content and the topic of the content you plan to include...
- Is it an organizational wiki for your university?
- Is it intended to host class syllabi and/or lecture information?
- Is it a personal wiki (which can be marked as private) to organize personal notes from classes?
- A few more specifics on the type of content you plan to add would help get us to an approval. --NotAracham (talk • contribs • global) 08:12, 27 November 2022 (UTC)
Daya wiki[edit source]
- hi,Please enable my daya wiki thanks.--Msnhinet8 (talk) 05:54, 16 December 2022 (UTC)
Technical issue with request #29394[edit source]
Thank you for reviewing my request; however, visiting the wiki gives a Wiki not found error; using Special:WikiDiscover shows a wiki created today under the category Fantasy w/ "No Sitename Set." and linking to miraheze.org that I assume should be the wiki I requested - was this an error on my part (i.e. I need to edit/resubmit the request) or is this just a normal part of the creation process? I can't find any documentation suggesting the latter. Thank you. Vanali (talk) 04:56, 22 January 2023 (UTC)
- This seems like it might be a side-effect of the upgrade done earlier today. I'll escalate this, thanks for letting me know! --NotAracham (talk • contribs • global) 04:59, 22 January 2023 (UTC)
- Looks to be fixed, thanks! Vanali (talk) 14:20, 22 January 2023 (UTC)
Wiki wipe?[edit source]
i would like this wiki to be turned back to its original state when it was created if possible :D https://wawaforthewin.miraheze.org/wiki/Wawapedia River2380 is halal (talk) 05:13, 22 January 2023 (UTC)
- I don't have the ability to do that, which is why I moved your post over to the stewards' page so someone who is empowered to do so can assist. You can also file a request via Phabricator for a reset if you're not getting traction there.
- --NotAracham (talk • contribs • global) 05:37, 22 January 2023 (UTC)
i would like Wawapedia to be closed.[edit source]
- NotAracham isn't a Steward and as such isn't able to close wikis. Requests such as this would be better suited for SN but in this case wawapediawiki is already closed. Reception123 (talk) (C) 14:23, 30 January 2023 (UTC)
One star for you![edit source]
|Good luck for the Global Sysop!|
|@NotAracham I am delighted to win your nomination for Global Administrator at Requests for global rights! I wish you success and happiness in your new role. Good luck to new users like us :) Again, I wish good luck on behalf of Miraheze 😊. Hey Türkiye Message? 11:58, 25 February 2023 (UTC)|
Hello NotAracham. The comments section of a discussion is not normally numbered. These are normally used with ordered requests and things such as support/oppose, where each !vote is a number, and the bottom-most number is the total number (same reason stricken votes are indented). Naleksuh (talk) 05:17, 6 April 2023 (UTC)
- Thanks for taking the time to reach out, The reason I've been doing this is largely for accessibility/readability's sake, it's difficult to follow some of the longer-winding debates if there isn't some use of ordered or unordered lists.
- Would unordered (non-numbered) lists fall within common formatting best practice, or is there another alternative that could be utilized to fulfill the same purpose? Thanks. --NotAracham (talk • contribs • global) 16:59, 6 April 2023 (UTC)
Q:How well do you know Discord?[edit source]
Yesterday I tried to request a Interwiki-Link on Discord. I tried three times "/auth" for validating me but don't got a Direct Message with Link or so. Do you have any idea what might going wrong? I allowed to get Messages and switched filtering off. The request was for wde and now handled/done by you cause I did it on Community Board afterwards. -- Peter Littmann (talk) 03:18, 27 May 2023 (UTC)
- Hmmm, that's odd, you should have gotten at least some notification from the bot on your attempts. One thing that I sometimes need to do is as I start to type the /auth command, it'll show an auto-complete option for the bot command. If I tap/click that auto-complete, the message when sent will actually work as a bot command instead of normal text.
- Beyond that, the bot should let you know if there's some other condition that hasn't been met, like having direct messages disabled. --NotAracham (talk • contribs • global) 15:11, 27 May 2023 (UTC)