Wiki created[edit source]
Hello, I would like to tell you that I have created your wiki. You can now access it at the domain you specified in the request. You should automatically have been granted founder rights (administrator and bureaucrat), if that's not the case then please leave a notice on Stewards' noticeboard so we can fix it immediately. Do not hesitate to ask questions if your question was not answered in our FAQ. Also, if you want a extension, gadget, or anything else, please ask us here. Thank you for choosing Miraheze, and we wish you good luck with your wiki! Reception123 (talk) (contribs) 07:17, 15 November 2016 (UTC)
Re addition of deleted pages[edit source]
I'm not sure the pages should be kept or deleted, but I figured I'd point out that you just mass-restored pages deleted by a meta administrator without discussing it. I think it's fairly obvious who those accounts are socks of. -- Cheers, NDKilla ( Talk • Contribs ) 03:05, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
LulzKiller account lock[edit source]
Hi all, NDKilla here.
- I feel that LK was harassing multiple people and locked him because of what I read on his talk page, not because of anything john said to me.
- Also, I see no reason the lock should be permanent, but I think something obviously needs to be done about this that nobody seems to be doing
- GethN7 and Robkelk seems to be the only ones at ATT that are acting decently even though they still disagree with me/John/etc.
Time for an explanation regarding the locking of LulzKiller's account. I'll be giving my opinion of the situation as a user, and my opinion as a staff member which led to the lock.
Opinion as a user[edit source]
Since in the long run this doesn't matter, I'll keep this short and sweet. A lot of people have been creating a lot of global drama ever since MatthewPW showed his face around Miraheze. I think a lot of people handled this badly. However I think it's very important to realize that people can disagree (even about locking accounts) without things having to get heated or get personal. I think that LulzKiller crossed a few lines in his discussion with John and others.
I was pretty irritated reading about him dragging Reception123 into this situation, when Reception123 is a (more or less) uninvolved system administrator who has contributed more to Miraheze than most.
Also, I understand that LulzKiller is, probably, a respected contributor on All The Tropes. I however feel that this situation got entirely out of hand, and I'm personally putting most (but not all) of the blame on him.
Also, there are venues for removing access from people. I'm not just going to turn around and lock John's account if a conversation with him gets heated. If you want John's rights or my own rights removed, follow the procedure.
Opinion as a staff member[edit source]
Although the posts on the Drunkard's forums weren't taken into consideration when deciding what actions to take regarding LulzKiller, I would like to say that it's ridiculous to think that you can hide there. Just because we can't remove you from that forum, and probably won't remove you from Miraheze because of things said there, doesn't make it any better. If you look like a bad guy over there, we're still gonna think you're a bad guy over here. (Not calling LulzKiller a bad guy, just saying we're aware of whats going on there and it doesn't help things).
About the actual lock: The following are things that I consider unacceptable to be stated towards other people:
- "Again, as a matter of principle, fuck you."
- "This is my victory lap, fuck you."
- ", you disingenuous liar. "
- "Utterly spineless, how fucking dare both of you."
And although "I'm sure getting other people to do dirty work for you is a completely perfect practice with no consequences or downsides." isn't really going into the 'harassment' label, I wanted to point out that's not how things work. I locked LulzKiller's account of my own volition after reading User_talk:LulzKiller on ATT wiki.
Moving forward[edit source]
- LulzKiller should seriously take a moment to go over all of Miraheze's global policies, as excessive violation (of which repeated harassment after several warnings may constitute) of global policies is grounds for 'restricted access to services'
- I would also like to see either:
- LulzKiller unlocked but restricted to just editing ATT and commenting on Meta (RfS, RfC) on things *started by other users*
- LulzKiller unlocked, but an interaction ban placed between LK and John
- Obviously the interaction ban will be ignored for time-critical situations that John is handling in his capacity as a Steward or System Administrator