Void-bot version 2 has just been released! It works similarly to the old version of Void-bot, but there are a few differences. First, it doesn't yet read a trusted list. This needs to be adjusted, but will only be done when there is a decent way to manage this. I may decide not to recycle the old trust list, as it doesn't seem particularly useful anymore.
Any command can be used by a user who is in a higher tier.
General Commands[edit source]
- These commands can be used by everyone in any channel.
- $help - Links to this page
- $help <command> - Provides a short summary of the supplied command.
- $access - Tells you what kind of access you have.
Voice Commands[edit source]
- These commands can only be used by users who are voiced in the channel.
- $log <string> - Depending on the channel, Void-bot will log the supplied string to a page on wiki.
- #miraheze-cvt - CVT action log
- #testadminwiki - Test Wiki:Server admin log
- #miraheze-bots - Server Admin Log
Operator Commands[edit source]
- These commands can only be used by users who have operator status in the channel.
- $part - Causes Void-bot to leave the current channel. Used to politely remove the bot instead of kicking it.
Trusted Commands[edit source]
- These commands can only be used if Void has entered your hostname into a list of trusted individuals.
- $kill - Causes Void-bot to stop.
- $disable <command> - Disables the supplied command. Some commands cannot be disabled.
- $enable <command> - Enabled the supplied command.
- $nick <command> - Change the nick of the bot.
- $join <channel> - Make Void-bot join the supplied channel.
- $partf <channel> - Make Void-bot leave the supplied channel.
Developer Commands[edit source]
- These commands can only be used by Void.
- $reload - Reloads the commands module.
- $ping - Debugging only.
- $lockdown <enable|lift> [channel] - Manage lockdowns. Not yet ready for use.
- $toggleauto - Toggle automatic detection of lockdown states (will automatically enable and lift lockdowns in certain channels).
- $train - (Re)train dataset (if you don't know what this means, don't touch it!).
Future design[edit source]
- Special chat responses (fun only)
- Wiki request queue patrolling (low demand, low priority)
- Code publication (low priority, high complexity)
Channel maintain/lockdown (low demand, low priority)Implemented code-wise, needs proper ACLs and setup.
- Developer Commands
Maintain certain bot settings despite bot restartsImplemented code-wise.