All actions are designed to be preventative, limit damage to life and property as well as protect user’s safety.
All members of the team are authorised by the Director of Trust and Safety, who is authorised by the Board of Directors to delegate these authorities.
When considering a Trust and Safety Action, all available on-wiki abilities are open to being considered to conclude minimal disruption with maximal effect.
Examples of actions available to Trust and Safety Responders include but are not limited to:
- Partial Service Bans (targeting specific services e.g., Phabricator),
- Ban on pre-defined rights/privileges,
- Standard administrative actions (blocks, deletions, protections).
All information collected and retained will be done in accordance with the United Kingdom’s Data Protection Act 2018.
- Initial Investigation by a Responder to determine whether a potential violation exists.
- If a potential breach is not found, no further actions by a Responder will occur. It may be referred to a relevant community group, however.
- Responder will conduct a thorough investigation, following key investigatory points proposed by the Director of Trust and Safety and following this, will make a recommendation of action.
- The Responder will fill an Investigative Report form for the Director of Trust and Safety, who will then review the recommendations.
- If the recommendation is not supported, the Director of Trust and Safety will either recommend the Responder collect further evidence or recommend no further action is taken.
- If the recommendation is supported, the Responder will be tasked with enforcing the outcome.
- All Investigative Reports are reviewed and are requestable to be viewed by the Board of Directors or anyone duly authorised to view them by contacting the Director of Trust and Safety who is responsible for maintaining all records.