This page provides guidance if you need to move a wiki to another database server (typically relates to disk space issues/imbalances).
Moving a wiki to another database is not complicated provided you have the required rights (SRE, root on the db servers).
- Put the wiki you are moving into read-only mode (add a read-only notice if you'd like, especially if it is a large wiki, and it will take time).
- Connect to the server on which the database is located and as root execute:
mysqldump --single-transaction --routines --triggers nameofwiki | gzip -c | ssh -i /home/dbcopy/.ssh/id_ed25519 firstname.lastname@example.org 'cat > /home/dbcopy/nameofwiki.sql.gz'
- Note: Replace "nameofwiki" with the name of the wiki you want to move.
- Open the target server and unzip the file.
- Execute creation of the new database.
mysql -e 'create database nameofwiki;'
- Import the database.
mysql nameofwiki < nameofwiki.sql
- Remove read-only mode from the wiki.
- After you have made sure that the wiki works on the new database server and that it has been imported correctly, you can drop the database on the initial server.