|This is the talk page of the main page.|
If you need help with your wiki, please ask on the Community noticeboard.
Only create a new section here if you wish to discuss the main page itself.
Add 20,000th wiki requested milestone on front page[edit source]
- Congratulations on such an achievement! I'm new to this website and hope to find something useful/useless to spend my time. Rialto86 (talk) 17:06, 27 September 2022 (UTC)
- @Tanawat2002: Next time, please use the Community noticeboard. To fix this, please check our Dev wiki which gives a tutorial on fixing it. Thanks. Agent Isai Talk to me! 18:55, 21 August 2021 (UTC)
- I was trying to appeal my block on the Polandball Wiki by apologizing, but unfortunately I encountered the Flow\Exception\NoParserException bug, meaning I couldn't post comments on talk pages. Tanawat2002 (talk) 19:00, 21 August 2021 (UTC)
Why did Rotten Websites Wiki fail?[edit source]
So yesterday, Rotten Websites Wiki closed down because it's 'beyond improvement' and becoming next Toxic Fandom and Hatedoms Wiki due to drama caused by both the community and nitpicky pages.
- It didn't fail, it was unfairly closed by a rogue admincrat. We're currently trying to get it reopened. --Blazikeye535 (talk) 03:39, 26 August 2021 (UTC)
Add 1.37 upgrade note in the news[edit source]
Miraheze deployed its own[edit source]
¿Puedo albergar aquí mi wiki?[edit source]
Quiero una wiki llamada Snowballaspedia pero no se si tengo que iniciar sesión o así ya la puedo solicitar. 2806:262:401:8D42:0:0:0:2 08:39, 16 February 2022 (UTC)
- You need to login and request it at here.
- (Google translated to spanish)
- Debe iniciar sesión y solicitarlo en aquí. 09:21, 16 February 2022 (UTC)
- Y ahora como le pongo mi propio logo. Tornitiu (talk) 01:41, 6 March 2022 (UTC)
Edit request[edit source]
<!--T:59--> January 2022: Miraheze deployed its [https://blog.miraheze.org/post/17/introducing_scsvg/ '''own physical hardware''' with a UK-based colocation data centre service provider ]
Should be changed to:
<!--T:59--> January 2022: Miraheze deployed its [https://blog.miraheze.org/post/17/introducing_scsvg/ '''own physical hardware''' with a UK-based colocation data centre service provider]Sabelöga (talk) 18:57, 20 February 2022 (UTC)
Can you make signatures global?[edit source]
- I am a bit of a hacker. This should be fun. Thanks. Moisty (talk) (CentralAuth) | Posted at 13:39:19, 25 March 2022 (EDT)
- @Moisty: What do you mean? --DarkMatterMan4500 (talk) (contribs) 17:55, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- @DarkMatterMan4500 Can you have a signature and it be the same on every wiki you visit? Moisty (talk) (CentralAuth) | Posted at 18:04, 7 April 2022 (UTC)
- I know this is very old, but I agree that the feature would be nice and a lot easier to do (since I wouldn't have to forget to copy-paste my signature onto every wiki I go on). Same goes with profile pictures. - FullInterTurn (contributions/talk) 16:44, 8 October 2022 (UTC)
Opening the page[edit source]
- Miloslezaic4, as soon as a wiki creator approves your wiki request. Hope this helps. Dmehus (talk) 18:36, 18 April 2022 (UTC)
I think now is the time[edit source]
Don't you think it's time we updated the main page? It has been in this design for years and has never been altered. With the same design defined in Template:Help navigation, we could seek consensus to update. — Pixial [Talk] 00:54, 14 August 2022 (UTC)
- Also, the main page design says stuff like "Host your wiki with Miraheze!" and "Free wiki software running MediaWiki 1.38.4 (4c00572)". Newcomers would wonder "What is Miraheze Meta?" and "Is this just a place to advertise?" I think it should say stuff about what Miraheze Meta is. 22.214.171.124 06:23, 18 November 2022 (UTC) db141