Talk:Gazetteer of wikis
Hola, ¿cuáles son los criterios mínimos para agregar una wiki? apenas estoy trabajando en un proyecto de enciclopedia cristiana y estoy pensando que debe añadirse. --UnCristiano (talk) 22:33, 16 February 2018 (UTC)
- Está bien, no hay requisitos, pero añádelo con una descripción breve como los demás. 22:52 16-Feb-2018 PD--Si vas a escribir este wiki en español, deberías mencionar ésto porque es inusual. 22:57 16-Feb-2018
- Bueno, yo alistaré ambos, y en una nueva categoria en vez de "Other." 23:43 16-Feb-2018
- If you search through all of the wikis, the wiki is there, it's just uncategorized. You need to go on Special:ManageWiki on SDIY Wiki and change the category the wiki is in. CoolieCoolster (talk) 11:44, 14 May 2018 (UTC)
Karnia-Ruthenia is not a "fictional empire", but a micronation, an entity that claims to be an independent nation or state but is not recognized by world governments or major international organizations. To explain, I'll directly quote the Wikipedia article on micronations:
- They should also be distinguished from imaginary countries and from other kinds of social groups (such as eco-villages, campuses, tribes, clans, sects, and residential community associations) by expressing a formal and persistent, even if unrecognized, claim of sovereignty over some physical territory. Micronations are also distinct from true secessionist movements; micronations' activities are almost always trivial enough to be ignored rather than challenged by the established nations whose territory they claim.
I believe the category of "other reference sites on a field of activity", better fits the description of a micronation without the immediate jump to it being called fictional.
I'd like to create a category to put Electowiki into. The wiki is about electoral systems. I can think of three candidates for a new category name:
...but I'm open to suggestions. My preferred option of the three is "Policy", but any would do. Any favorites from anyone else? Also, once we settle on something, how do I go about creating it? -- RobLa (talk) 03:58, 18 April 2020 (UTC)
Hi, I see that some of the lists in Gazetteer are not in alphabetical order.
I want to redistribute the lists using the alphabetical order in the wikiurl.
- [[mh:sdiy|Synth DIY Wiki]] is about making, modifying, or repairing electronic musical instruments and related equipment.
- [[mh:simpleelectronics|Simple Electronics Wiki]] is a series of tutorials for entry-level electronics.
- Using the Wikiurl criterion, mh:sdiy goes before: ``mh:simpleelectronics``.
- Using the Wiki title criterion, Simple Electronics Wiki goes before Synth DIY Wiki.
Maybe some exceptions can be made, like:
Reference sites on a field of activity -> Other
- [[mh:holidays|The Holidays Wiki]] is a wiki about holidays in the United States.
- [[mh:tme|The Multilingual Encyclopedia]] is a multilingual encyclopedia.
- [[mh:Mywikipedia|Mywikipedia]] is a wiki concerning all manner of topics.
In this case: Holidays goes first, TME goes second (despite having a T), and My wikipedia goes third. This use "title" Holiday, Multilingual, Mywikipedia.
Also it helps putting similar wikis close. Like:
Other types of wikis
- [[mh:test|Test Wiki]] is a wiki on which everyone can be an administrator. It lets users test the MediaWiki software, including its administrative tools.
- [[mh:prueba|Test Wiki in Spanish]] is the Spanish version of Test Wiki. It has the same functions as the English version.
- i'm going to edit Gazetteer in alphabetical order.
- ??? Hrvcfr (talk) 07:12, 12 October 2020 (UTC)
So I noticed that closed wikis are removed from the list, but they may be adopted or reopened at some point and have to be re-added to the list. How about moving closed wikis to a seperate section called "Closed wikis" so anyone who is interested in adopting them can file a request for adoption? For anyone who opposes this on the grounds that "Closed wikis don't exist," hear me out. Technically, closed wikis still exist, but they can't be edited. And if anyone who adopts the wiki (or an admin) reopens it, the wiki can be moved out of the "Closed wikis" section. Tali64³ (talk) 19:54, 27 December 2020 (UTC)
Need help with formatting dcmarvelcomics.miraheze.org. Here's a link to one of the articles. https://dcmarvelcomics.miraheze.org/wiki/Human_Torch Iron Sword 23 (talk) 23:16, 30 June 2021 (UTC)
- Iron Sword 23, what exactly do you need help with? Can you elaborate? ~ Mazzaz (talk) 00:52, 1 July 2021 (UTC)
- Sperosdurell, What can we do for you? Which wiki are you referring to? ~ Mazzaz (talk) 06:38, 25 August 2021 (UTC)
- I'd agree with this. Raidarr (talk) 12:36, 25 August 2021 (UTC)