A few notes[edit source]
A few notes to add to the paypal process:
There is a fee to send money via paypal
A $5 donation will result in a $5.45 charge to the sender.
- There aren't really better options than that. If you don't set it up as a purchase -- because it isn't -- I've never seen additional charges. But even that, essentially every payment network charges, and often more for lower amounts. That's only 9%. Other sites take 5% plus processing fees, which are in the 2-4% range (typically something like 2%+0.35$). So there's really no way to improve on small donations. We could possibly improve this with Patreon, which does lots of lump-sum transactions -- essentially aggregating inflows and outflows, but that would take routine donation (and still 5% overhead). If you're upset about actually seeing the transaction fees... welcome to the real world. Vorticity (talk) 20:27, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
I'll check into this further. I assume that people could mail you a check, and you could then add it to group's funds.
I'll at least find out what other people are doing.
Please add me to the donors group when you get a chance. ( https://meta.miraheze.org/wiki/Special:GlobalUsers/donator ) Thanks! Robert Sterbal 412-977-3526
- They couldn't "mail us" as we don't currently have an address, and we all live (including the founders) in different locations. Reception123 (talk)(contribs) 03:49, 15 April 2016 (UTC)
sending Brent money[edit source]
Can we send you money, either by check or by facebook or look into these options:
Add documentation category to the Donate page[edit source]
Will a Meta Administrator add the page Donate to the following Category:Documentation please as the aforementioned page is protected. Thanks. Borderman talk | contribs | email 21:53, 15 January 2017 (UTC)
- The same goes for the following page Finance as it is connected to donations. Thanks. Borderman talk | contribs | email 22:08, 15 January 2017 (UTC)
- Done with the Category:Finance under the documentation cat. — revi 22:27, 15 January 2017 (UTC)
Paypal alternative?[edit source]
I would be donating today if you accepted a method other than Paypal. Google Wallet/Pay, Square Cash, and Zelle come to mind as options that would probably be viable (I say this without knowing which country(s) the site admins operate out of). Sparr (talk) 22:27, 26 December 2018 (UTC)
- @Sparr: Thanks for the suggestion, there have been many others as well. I will ask @Labster: (the finance manager) about this. --Reception123 (talk) (C) 08:15, 27 December 2018 (UTC)
Are there any pay services out there which don't require giving out residential address to sign up for them? I started setting up Paypal but ditched when it got to that point. Tycio (talk) 04:27, 17 April 2019 (UTC)
I would also make a donation via an alternative to Paypal. Even with Paypal, I was expecting to see an option to pay with a regular credit card without needing a Paypal account, which I didn't see. Gregfuller 20:15, 18 April 2019 (UTC)