Meta:Requests for permissions
Requests for Permissions
This page is for requesting permissions that can be granted on this wiki.
Here you can leave requests for the following permissions. The community will discuss your request and then a bureaucrat or Steward will close the request, granting rights upon closure of successful requests.
Click the appropriate button below to request permissions
|Archives of Requests for permissions [ ]|
Dmehus - Revocation of Sysop Rights[edit source]
うざっきー (sysop)[edit source]
MarioMario456 (Wiki creator)[edit source]
うざっきー (Wiki creator)[edit source]
Cocopuff2018 (Wiki creator)[edit source]
User: Cocopuff2018 ( )
Group: Wiki creator
Reason: and when I Usually come on meta Daily, and I see wiki request that needs to be done I think as a wiki creator I would be able to Handle and do wiki request faster, I am active, and check meta daily I understand the policy and Know how to check if a wiki already exist, in my opinion I think that wiki request could be done faster and I would like to provide that to the community, I am active and can Put more time into this , I am always happy to help and I believe that as wiki creator I can make sure wiki creations get checked in a timely manner. on top of all this i understand the content policys.
Additional comments: Most likely nothing to do with this request I have been at miraheze for a year now and have over 2k edits I am fairly active.
1. I am requesting this wiki for a cool project that I have "Decline" the user Should provide a better reason to why they want the wiki created and could at least Give more details of why they are requesting it
2. Horrible Twitter Users - a wiki that lists the worst users on Twitter" D decline as miraheze does not host these kinds of wikis and it Violates Content policy's.
3. Terrible Organization Wiki, another thing i would decline it does seem like it violates Content Policy's
4. a private wiki whose description says "Personal wiki for notes" although it does not violate content policy's I would ask them to use another source as miraheze is not an appropriate source to use for note taking.
- Strong oppose Not trusted. You have been blocked before, on Meta, Discord, and IRC, and you haven't said that you know the Content Policy well. Even those examples aren't enough. InspecterAbdel (NLW) 00:45, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- Comment: @InspecterAbdel: I understand your concerns however my behavior has gotten better over time, I honestly would appreciate a chance at being a wiki creator, I Understand I have had blocks in the past however I would like it if you would at least give me a chance to prove I have changed, and as dmehus has mentioned there is policy's in place. Cocopuff2018 (talk) 01:09, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- Weak support Responses are not terrible, and do suggest a reasonable understanding of Content Policy and ability to apply it. Cocopuff2018 is receptive to feedback, which, for me, is the major issue. I'm willing to assume good faith here, and am willing to try the user out. Stewards can monitor wiki approvals and declines closely, providing prompt and helpful feedback and, where necessary, corrective action guidance. If the user does not respond well to the feedback and guidance, the bit can be revoked per policy. Dmehus (talk) 01:03, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- Strongest support, I gave people a second chance to correct their mistake. SecretSpyer (talk) 04:37, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- Support I feel like you're good enough for this right although I'm not sure yet, but for now, I think you're somewhat trusted with this right. DuchessTheSponge (talk) 14:40, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- Weak support per Dmehus comment in above. --Anton (talk) 15:03, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- Strong oppose There are multiple reasons why I am unable to support this request and am surprised to see as many previous votes in favor. First of all I would like to mention that I do believe in awarding second chances to users and believe that people are capable of change. The first issue however I have is the previous behavior of Cocopuff2018. I can note that he has been blocked on Meta twice before and not simply for minor reasons, the reasons were serious. While I cannot confirm this myself not actively using these platforms InspecterAbdel above claims that Cocopuff2018 is (or has) also been blocked on Discord and IRC. I am unaware if these blocks are still in force but if they are I think that it is quite problematic to allow someone with such issues to become wiki creator and decide who gets a wiki here. I do not really believe that it is appropriate to "try a wiki creator out" because my belief is that wiki creator is still a powerful role since they are able to create any wiki that they please. In addition to this is the fact that it is not easy to remove a wiki creator they have to violate the Content Policy. I am not assuming bad faith here but there is simply not enough to demonstrate to me that Cocopuff2018 has changed since his blocks (as he has not really been around afterwards). The second reason which I think is more convincing is the fact that I am not satisfied at all with the answers to questions number 3 and 4. There is nothing anything wrong with a wiki criticizing "terrible organisations" and there is also nothing wrong with a wiki for private notes on Miraheze. The latter indicates to me that Cocopuff2018 would decline a reasonable request and send a user away from the project thinking that they cannot create a wiki here when in fact they can. This reason is why my vote is a "strong oppose" because the two answers demonstrate to me that Cocopuff2018 is not yet ready to be a wiki creator as they do not fully understand the Content Policy. Third of all this is the least "severe" reason but I am also worried about the timing of this request and the precipitation. Cocopuff2018 has not been active since the beginning of 2021 and has suddenly come back immediately requesting wiki creator. To conclude I think the issue here is that we are settling for quantity over quality (Note: I do not wish to offend anyone with this statement). I would prefer to have a small number of wiki creators who are competent, reliable and who have a good standing in the community and a good understanding of the Content Policy with wiki requests getting done less quick rather than having many wiki creators but who are not competent and constantly make mistakes which is detrimental to the project in my personal opinion. I am willing to give this request a chance at a later time when Cocopuff2018 demonstrates that: a) he has changed his behavior b) that he will be active on Meta c) that he understands and can correctly apply the Content Policy. --DeeM28 (talk) 18:07, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- Comment: @DeeM28: To some degree I Can explain some points to you that I would like to mention, for (a) The reason towards me being inactive for a long period of time was due to the issues occurring and I felt I needed to take a break from doing wiki's for a good amount of time however If you have not seen i have made multiple edits on multiple wikis during my break from The beginning of the year here, and of course a small bit of edits on meta, as for the past behavior I am attempting to put that behind me and start off fresh as I returned to Wiki's i have also been busy the last few months with school, and doing discord work, I think I have waited long enough for this and its about time I get a chance and in my own opinion I think good faith should come first, I honestly have really improved and changed my behavior. --Cocopuff2018 (talk) 18:33, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- @Cocopuff2018: I understand however my issue is that you need to show us both that you plan on being active and that you have changed for the better since of course actions speak louder than words. My larger issue was your answers to the hypothetical situations which to me means that you need to spend some more time understanding the Content Policy. "I think I have waited long enough for this" is a problematic statement in my view - there is no automatic right to get wiki creator and just being here for a long time does not make one automatically "deserving" of the right.
- @Dmehus: Thank you for your clarifications. I agree with you and would be willing to change my vote in a future request down the line if Cocopuff2018 can show us in the meantime that his behavior has changed and also that he has a good understanding of the Content Policy. DeeM28 (talk) 18:51, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- Yeah, assuming they show positive behaviour on IRC, I'm willing to mentor Cocopuff2018, and ask them a series of practical, situation-based questions that demonstrate their ability to apply, correctly and generally, Content Policy. We don't expect perfection from wiki creators, as, admittedly, it can be challenging at times. The key things for me are that they have a general idea of Content Policy, and should generally not have an error rate exceeding, say, 20% of request decisions. The best thing is to refer to another wiki creator where one is unsure, but personally, I would definitely prefer a wiki request with a woefully inadequate description be declined as needing more information than approved. We've implemented canned responses recently, which should help in this regard, together with the CreateWiki AI approval scores. The AI isn't great, yet, in terms of potential false positive approvals; however, when it scores a wiki request under 0.50-0.60, it's generally quite accurate, so those scores can provide useful resources for wiki creators in terms of getting a sense for the type of requests that should be declined. Anyway, you may not have needed or wanted this information, but just thought I'd add this comment to let you know of my willingness to work with and mentor Cocopuff2018. Dmehus (talk) 19:00, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- Weak oppose for now, I must oppose this request. I disagree with the answers to some of the questions above (especially #4) and I agree with the points that DeeM28 made above. I would be open to supporting a request later down the line but this request doesn't demonstrate enough content policy knowledge for me to support it.