Responding to threats
Treat it seriously
- Many threats are empty, but don't make that evaluation yourself; leave that responsibility to the Trust and Safety team.
- If you are in immediate danger, call your local emergency services.
- If comfortable, you should also call emergency services if someone else is at immediate risk. We can not always respond.
Contact the board
tsmiraheze.org with details of the threat.
- This address is for threats to life, limb, property or regarding child abuse only. For other concerns, see Help.
- Include a screenshot of the threat and a link to the page.
- We will take appropriate action, such as tracing locations and contacting authorities. We will not know what happens after and can not tell you.
- You should try and get attention of a Trust and Safety member or a Director via IRC or Discord until you know we are aware.
In addition to emailing the board as above, notify Site administrators privately.
- Even if you are an administrator, notify other administrators.
- Use email, IRC, Discord or other low-visibility methods. Avoid noticeboards or talk pages when reporting.
- If in doubt, join connect.
. If you don't have an IRC client, click the green connect button to launch web-based IRC.
Advice for administrators
- Threats of suicide or self-harm require discretion on the questions of blocking or removal of posts.
- Threats of violence against others should be met with blocking (generally including removal of talk page access) and possibly blocking email as well. Such threats should be removed; consider also deleting the problematic revision from public view.
- If in doubt, email the team at
- Notify someone else if you found the threat. You do not have to handle it alone.