Miraheze Spaces Code of Conduct/ko
이 페이지는 Miraheze의 글로벌 정책에 관한 문서입니다. 이 정책은 글로벌 관계자들에 의한 합의 및/또는 지침을 따릅니다. 모든 Miraheze의 이용자는 이에 따라야 하며, 본 지침의 변경에 대해서는 토론 페이지에서 논의해야 합니다.
이 문단은 그룹으로써의 'Miraheze'가 권리를 가진 모든 영역에 적용됩니다. 앞서 언급된 영역은 웹사이트 그 자체, libera.chat의 #miraheze- 이름공간에 있는 모든 IRC 채널 (#miraheze 포함), 파브리케이터, 그리고 디스코드를 포함합니다.
The Miraheze Spaces Code of Conduct applies only to any off-wiki domain where Miraheze has authority. While the Miraheze Spaces Code of Conduct does not strictly apply to wikis, it is recommended that users follow it.
On the other hand, the Global Conduct Policy applies to user conduct on all Miraheze wikis.
The Miraheze Spaces Code of Conduct applies to all users who hold advanced permissions on Meta and globally, even on wiki, as the community expects the highest standards of behavior from these users.
- Be nice. We're all part of the same community, so be friendly, be welcoming, and be a nice person overall. Be someone that other people want to be around, not avoid. Together, we work to build a project so be a likable person.
- Be respectful. Disagreement is no excuse for poor manners. We work together to resolve conflict, assume good intentions and do our best to act in an empathic fashion. We don't allow frustration to turn into a personal attack. A community where people feel uncomfortable or threatened is not a productive one and will surely fail. Always assume good faith and work together to resolve disputes or seek assistance if you can't come to an agreement.
- Harassing others is unacceptable. Harassment hurts others and the project. A hostile environment is tense and one no one wants to be in. Depending on the severity of your actions, you may be warned once or immediately disciplined (muted, quieted, banned, etc.) depending on the medium. If you have a problem with another user, please contact a platform moderator first before escalating the issue. Harassment is never the answer.
- Ask for help when unsure. Nobody is expected to be perfect in this community. Asking questions early avoids many problems later, so questions are encouraged, though they may be directed to the appropriate forum. Those who are asked should be responsive and helpful, they should never be rude or condescending. Those who hold advanced permissions are expected to ask for help, they aren't perfect either, so they should never be afraid to ask for help.
- Step down when you no longer have time. If you hold advanced permissions or have some form of responsibility in running community resources (i.e. you're operating a bot or service), be aware of your own constraints. If something occurs in your life and you can no longer find time to devote to your roles, find a way to step down gracefully. If you don't, other people on your team may always await your opinion and stall things waiting for your very delayed review or response. Some users may become discouraged from seeking advanced roles which they would be a perfect fit for because they think the role is adequately staffed when in reality, it needs more active users. By stepping down, you help encourage more users to take up advanced roles which they may be suitable for. Make sure someone can take over for you, and transfer the relevant information (contacts, passwords, etc.) for a smooth transition.
We all go on tangents sometimes, and casual off-topic discussion is fine. However for all of Miraheze's services, if you are a disruption to actual on-topic discussions, you may be removed. Some platforms allow for off-topic discussions and others don't. If you're having an off-topic discussion on a platform that allows for it, make sure to go to the appropriate spot.
In addition to our Content Policy that covers our website, all forms of spam and vandalism are unacceptable.
우리의 이용약관과 개인정보 보호 정책은 우리의 웹사이트뿐만 아니라 적용 가능한 서비스에도 적용됩니다.
이 행동규약에서 정의된 괴롭힘과 나쁜 예의는 다음을 포함하나 다음만에 극한되지 않습니다.
- 인신공격, 폭력, 폭력 협박 또는 고의적인 협박
- 불쾌하거나, 경멸적이거나, 또는 차별적인 의견
- 불필요하거나 주제에서 벗어나는 성적 언어나 이미지의 사용
- 부적절하거나 원치 않는 공개적인 혹은 비공개적인 의사소통, 동행, 또는 모든 형태의 스토킹.
- 다른 사람의 신원 혹은 다른 개인정보의 동의 없는 공개. 몇몇 식별 가능한 정보에 대한 동의는 다른 식별 가능한 정보의 공개에 대한 동의가 아닙니다.
- 사적 대화의 부적절하거나 원치 않는 공개. 이곳에 서술된 괴롭힘을 보고하기 위한 목적으로 사적 대화 또는 개인을 식별할 수 있는 정보를 공개하거나 보고하는 것은 괜찮습니다.
- 분열시키거나 방해하거나 공동체의 협력을 막는 것과 같은 방법으로 공동체 혹은 토론에 피해를 끼치는 것 (예시: 트롤링)
- 차별 (법에서 요구하지 않는 한), 특히 소수집단 및 대표되지 않는 집단에 대한 차별. 이러한 집단을 타겟으로 하는 지원 활동은 허용되며 격려됩니다.
- 진정한 행동 규약 위반 보고가 아닌 목적으로 행동 규약 체계를 악용하는 경우 (예시: 자신을 괴롭한다는 보고를 함으로써 신고자나 피해자에게 보복하는 경우)
- Attempting to circumvent a decision of the Commission or appeals body, e.g. unblocking someone during a period the Commission banned them.
- Repeated failures to handle harassment appropriately despite proper warnings by Stewards/Code of Conduct Commission members
This section applies to all IRC channels in the #miraheze namespace on libera.chat. We understand that IRC can be a very useful tool for communicating with Miraheze Staff and Volunteers in real-time, but please keep the following in mind:
Like on our other services, spam is not allowed and off-topic discussion should only go so far.
IRC channel or namespace operators (users with the +o ChanServ flag in one or more #miraheze* channels) have discretion when it comes to IRC channel moderation.
#miraheze operators should specify time lengths and reasons for all bans and quiets via litharge which manages our ban list.
Phabricator is our open source issue tracking software (among other things), and we know it can be hard to make sense of all the things going on there.
As always, please be respectful of everyone using Phabricator.
Please try to be understanding when we can't quickly get to certain tasks or have to decline them for one reason or another.
Spam, or any other inappropriate behavior violating this Code of Conduct on Phabricator, may result in your account being disabled by a Phabricator administrator.
The Miraheze Support platforms (IRC, Phabricator, any other medium defined by the commission) are not free speech venues; they are for discussion about Miraheze. Each of these spaces have their own moderators.
Moderators are held to a higher standard than other community members and subject to the Volunteer Conduct Policy too. If a moderator creates an inappropriate situation, they should expect less leeway than others, and should expect to be removed from their position if they cannot adhere to the MSCoC or VCP.
Complaints about moderator actions must be handled using the reporting process below.
If you encounter someone violating the Miraheze Spaces Code of Conduct, please contact the appropriate moderation or management team for that particular platform. Local platform administrators are responsible for enforcing the Miraheze Spaces Code of Conduct.
The following Requests for Comment have shaped this policy:
- Requests for Comment/Code of Conduct reform (January 2023) - Narrowed the scope of this policy to focus on off-wiki platforms, renamed this policy and split it into three different policies encompassing on-wiki, off-wiki, and volunteer conduct.
- Requests for Comment/Abolish the Code of Conduct Commission (April 2021) - Abolished the Code of Conduct Commission.
- Requests for Comment/Code of Conduct Commission reform (July 2020) - Reformed the Code of Conduct Commission.
- Requests for Comment/Amendment of Code of Conduct, September 2017 (September 2017) - Established the Code of Conduct Commission to enforce the Code of Conduct.
- Requests for Comment/Code of Conduct (April 2017) - Established the Code of Conduct.
- Global Conduct Policy - Governs user conduct on Miraheze wikis.
- Volunteer Conduct Policy - Governs volunteer conduct on Miraheze platforms.