This page provides information on Meta-Wiki Wiki creators (
wiki-creator), and lays out relevant policies.
Αυτή η σελίδα τεκμηριώνει μια καθολική πολιτική του Miraheze. Αυτή η πολιτική ακολουθεί κοινή συναίνεση και/ή κατευθυντήριες γραμμές που καθορίζονται από αξιωματούχους καθολικά. Όλοι οι χρήστες στο Miraheze οφείλουν να την ακολουθούν και πιθανές αλλαγές θα πρέπει πρώτα να συζητιούνται στη σελίδα συζήτησης.
There are currently 7 wiki creators.
Users may be nominated or nominate themselves for the role of wiki creator by placing a request on Meta:Requests for permissions. Whenever the nomination is accepted (or implicitly accepted by self-nomination), the request is considered open for voting and must stay open for at least seven (7) days. During this period, anyone from the community having created an account before the permissions request may vote Support, Neutral or Oppose on a candidate's request. They may also choose to add questions or comments to the request.
A request will be considered successful if all of the following conditions are met:
- at least 5 users have voted to support
- there is a support ratio of 80% or greater
- a minimum period of seven (7) days has elapsed since start of voting.
Stewards may close the request once adequate consensus (or lack of consensus) has been reached and the period of 7 days has elapsed.
Wiki Creators are elected by the Miraheze community. However, the following conditions must be met in order for the candidate to be eligible to serve:
- Have at least 200 total global edits on Miraheze (on more than one wiki)
- ( Note: These edits may not consist of directly copy/pasting content from other wikis, they must be edits done by the user);
- Have had their Miraheze account for at least 2 months; and,
- Be involved in some way in community matters (in discussions on the Community noticeboard, etc.)
If these conditions are not met, the user may not be a candidate for Wiki Creator and the request will be closed as unsuccessful.
System administrators (see this page for a list of current system administrators) may be granted these privileges without community appointment and are also exempt from any activity requirements. However, the inactivity exemption ends immediately from the moment a user is no longer in the system administrator user group.
Removal of rights
Wiki creators who have not contributed to the community in any form for at least three months may have their rights removed. Only edits and log actions on Meta Wiki are taken into consideration when determining activity.
- Steward Revocation
A wiki creator's rights may be removed by a Steward if the wiki creator has:
- Repeatedly violated the Content Policy when creating wikis;
- Mainly created wikis for their own use, and are not focused on their role of creating wikis for other users;
- Repeatedly violated the Global Conduct Policy, Volunteer Conduct Policy, or any other global policies; or,
- Repeatedly created wikis with inadequate descriptions which could not possibly have allowed them to determine whether they would violate the Content Policy and/or which have caused an excessive amount of work for Stewards and/or Global Sysops as a result.
- The fourth criterion may or may not also involve the first criterion, but is a lower threshold and relates to a wiki creator repeatedly creating wikis apparently indiscriminately without apparent regard for wiki requests having sufficient descriptions. In such cases, as would be the case in the first three criteria, wiki creators would be formally warned by one or more Stewards.
- Community Revocation
The community can initiate a vote of no confidence or a request of removal at any time. In order for it to pass it needs:
- at least 5 users to share their view
- a support ratio of at least 50%
- a period of one week has passed since it started
- at least one of the criteria in Steward Revocation has been fulfilled
Stewards may review and close requests for removal once consensus (or lack of consensus) has been reached and the minimum period of one week has been reached.
- System Administrator Revocation
Additionally, the rights may also be removed by a system administrator if the wiki creator (potentially) causes damage (from a technical view) or creates unreasonable workload for System administrators.
If you feel a wiki creator is misusing their privileges, please contact a Steward.
Readdition of rights
Wiki creators who have had their rights removed by a Steward or system administrator, regardless of reason, may request their rights back by following the Appointment procedure.
List of wiki creators
- Last updated: 2024-01-30
- Total number of wiki creators: 7
|Libera Chat nickname on IRC
|en-N, es-N, fr-3
|autopatrolled, bureaucrat, administrator, interface administrator, central notice manager, steward, system administrator
|patroller, global rollbacker
|en-N, es-1, ja-1
|autopatrolled, bureaucrat, administrator, steward
|ro-N, en-5, fr-4, es-1, de-1
|autopatrolled, bureaucrat, administrator, steward, system administrator
|autopatrolled, administrator, steward, system administrator
- Special:ListGroupRights - list of wiki creator rights
- Special:ListUsers/wiki-creator - automated list of Wiki Creators
- Meta:Wiki creators/Statistics - regularly updated statistics of the top 25 wiki creators' total wiki creations
User:John/WikiStats - regularly updated raw data source from a MariaDB database query showing the total wiki creations of current and former wiki creators and total wiki creations of current and former wiki creators since 1 January 2020