This page provides information on Meta-Wiki Wiki creators (
This page documents a global Miraheze policy. This policy follows consensus and/or guidelines set by global functionaries. All Miraheze users should follow it, and changes made to it should be discussed on the talk page. In the event of any differences in meaning between the original English version and a translation, the original English version takes precedence.
There are currently 6 wiki creators.
Users may be nominated or nominate themselves for the role of wiki creator by placing a request on Meta:Requests for permissions. Whenever the nomination is accepted (if nominated by someone else, otherwise submitting the request is immediate acceptation), a request must stay open for at least three (3) days. During this period, anyone from the community members having created an account before the permissions request in question may vote Support, Neutral or Oppose on a candidate's request. They may also choose to add questions or comments to the request.
Unlike some other user groups, there is no minimum support percentage for the wiki creator role. A Steward will close the request and decide based on the comments from community members.
System administrators (see this page for a list of current system administrators) may be granted these privileges without community appointment and are also exempt from any activity requirements. However, the inactivity exemption ends immediately from the moment a user is no longer in the system administrator user group.
Removal of rights
Wiki creators who have not contributed to the community in any form for at least three months may have their rights removed. Only edits and log actions on Meta Wiki are taken into consideration when determining activity.
A wiki creator's rights may be removed by a Steward if the wiki creator has:
- Repeatedly violated the Content Policy when creating wikis;
- Mainly created wikis for their own use, and are not focused on their role of creating wikis for other users;
- Repeatedly violated the Global Conduct Policy, Volunteer Conduct Policy, or any other global policies; or,
- Repeatedly created wikis with inadequate descriptions which could not possibly have allowed them to determine whether they would violate the Content Policy and/or which have caused an excessive amount of work for Stewards and/or Global Sysops as a result.
- The fourth criterion may or may not also involve the first criterion, but is a lower threshold and relates to a wiki creator repeatedly creating wikis apparently indiscriminately without apparent regard for wiki requests having sufficient descriptions. In such cases, as would be the case in the first three criteria, wiki creators would be formally warned by one or more Stewards.
Additionally, the rights may also be removed by a system administrator if the wiki creator (potentially) causes damage (from a technical view) or creates unreasonable workload for System administrators. If you feel a wiki creator is misusing their privileges, please contact a Steward.
Readdition of rights
Wiki creators who have had their rights removed by a Steward or system administrator, regardless of reason, may request their rights back by following the Appointment procedure.
List of wiki creators
- Last updated: 2023-06-05
- Total number of wiki creators: 6
|User name||Languages spoken||Other rights||Libera Chat nickname on IRC|
|Agent Isai||en-N, es-N, fr-3||Agent|
|Amanda Catherine||en-CN-N, en-5, en-GB-2, es-3||autopatrolled||AmandaCath|
- Special:ListGroupRights - list of wiki creator rights
- Special:ListUsers/wiki-creator - automated list of Wiki Creators
- Meta:Wiki creators/Statistics - regularly updated statistics of the top 25 wiki creators' total wiki creations
- User:John/WikiStats - regularly updated raw data source from a MariaDB database query showing the total wiki creations of current and former wiki creators and total wiki creations of current and former wiki creators since 1 January 2020