Several actions on Meta are restricted to user accounts which were created a certain number of days ago and which have made a certain number of edits. Users who meet these requirements are considered part of the pseudo-group 'autoconfirmed'. The conditions for autoconfirmed status are checked every time a user attempts to perform a restricted action; if they are met, permission is granted automatically by the MediaWiki software. Although the precise requirements for autoconfirmed status vary according to circumstances, most Meta user accounts that are more than four days old and have made at least 10 edits (including deleted ones) are considered autoconfirmed.
Autoconfirmed or confirmed users can move pages, and edit semi-protected pages. Autoconfirmed users are no longer required to enter a CAPTCHA for most events. In addition, the Edit filter has a number of warning settings that will no longer affect editors who are autoconfirmed.
In some situations, it is necessary for accounts to be exempted from the customary confirmation period and instead confirmed right away. The 'confirmed' group contains the almost same rights as the 'autoconfirmed' pseudo-group, but can be granted by administrators as necessary. It is redundant to grant the confirmed right to an account that is already autoconfirmed, since it provides the same abilities and even more.
List of rights[edit source]
- Create new user accounts (createaccount)
- Create pages (which are not discussion pages) (createpage)
- Edit pages protected as "Allow only autoconfirmed users" (editsemiprotected)
- Edit using the translate interface (translate)
- Move pages (move)
- Not be affected by IP-based rate limits (autoconfirmed)
- Perform CAPTCHA-triggering actions without having to go through the CAPTCHA (skipcaptcha)
- Propose new OAuth consumers (mwoauthproposeconsumer)
- Translate pages (translatepages)
- Update OAuth consumers you control (mwoauthupdateownconsumer)
- Use external links in comments (commentlinks)
- This page was extracted from w:Wikipedia:Autoconfirmed users.