Meta:Administrators' noticeboard/Archive 7

From Miraheze Meta, Miraheze's central coordination wiki
Archive This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.

Candidates for deletion

Hi, if an sysop can look into Category:Candidates_for_deletion when they have time as there are some pages to review. Thanks you, HeartsDo (Talk / Global / Wiki Creator) 11:53, 31 March 2022 (UTC)

HeartsDo, thank you. This has been  done now. As an aside, you may wish to install DannyS712's EasyLink user script into either of your common.js (this wiki) or global.js (all wikis). It's a small script that allows you to easily generate a wikilink for the current page title without page-stretching underscores by replacing them with spaces. I personally find it quite useful. Dmehus (talk) 02:31, 1 April 2022 (UTC)

MediaWiki:Blockedtext

Can one of the admins copy this text:

{| style="width: 100%;"
|-
| style="padding: 10px 15px; border-top: 4px solid #67440F; background-color: #FFF2F6;" | <div style="font-size:180%;">'''You have been blocked from editing.'''</div>
<div style="padding-top:0.3em; padding-bottom:0.1em; font-size:100%;">
This block was made by $1.

The reason given is
----
$2
----
This block will be set to expire at: '''$6'''.

Even when blocked, you can still edit your talk page. You can use the "Email this user" feature if a valid email address is specified in your preferences and you have not been blocked from using it. Your current IP address is $3, and the block ID is #$5. Please include all above details in any queries you make.

</div>
|-
|
|}

into MediaWiki:Blockedtext on Meta. Silicona (talk) 18:43, 1 April 2022 (UTC)

@Silicona: Would you please provide reasoning for your request? — Arcversin (talk) 15:37, 2 April 2022 (UTC)
In addition to the above, assuming it's for an improved overall aesthetic and consistency with the Meta Wiki look & feel, this is reasonable; however, your identified code does not take into account all of the required variables in the existing interface message. Please amend your code above. Dmehus (talk) 15:40, 2 April 2022 (UTC)
The $8 in existing interface message is not necessary. Silicona (talk) 18:21, 2 April 2022 (UTC)
And also $7. Silicona (talk) 18:25, 2 April 2022 (UTC)
@Silicona: Why not? They provide information ("blocked user" and "start time of block") to the blocked user. Also, this message should mention contacting an administrator in a similar fashion to the current one. Apart from that, this seems pretty reasonable as an aesthetic improvement. — Arcversin (talk) 18:32, 2 April 2022 (UTC)
Silicona, per Arcversin's stated reason, I'm definitely willing to implement this, but not without those variables added. So until that's done, I'm marking this as  conditionally not done. Dmehus (talk) 18:40, 2 April 2022 (UTC)
Here's the new code:
{| style="width: 100%;"
|-
| style="padding: 10px 15px; border-top: 4px solid #67440F; background-color: #FFF2F6;" | <div style="font-size:180%;">'''You have been blocked from editing.'''</div>
<div style="padding-top:0.3em; padding-bottom:0.1em; font-size:100%;">
This block, which affects $7, was made by $1 at $8.

The reason given is
----
$2
----
This block will be set to expire at: '''$6'''.

Even when blocked, you can still edit your talk page. You can discuss this block by requesting an unblock request at [[User talk:$7|your talk page]] or by contacting $1 or other administrator. You can use the "Email this user" feature if a valid email address is specified in your preferences and you have not been blocked from using it. Your current IP address is $3, and the block ID is #$5. Please include all above details in any queries you make.

</div>
|-
|
|}
Silicona (talk) 12:19, 3 April 2022 (UTC)
Silicona,  Done, with this  fix and some minor tweaks to your provided code. Thank you for this suggestion. :) Dmehus (talk) 02:21, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
Here's the new code for MediaWiki:Blockedtext-partial:
{| style="width: 100%;"
|-
| style="padding: 10px 15px; border-top: 4px solid #67440F; background-color: #FFF2F6;" | <div style="font-size:180%;">'''Your username and/or IP address has/have been blocked from editing certain pages.'''</div>
<div style="padding-top:0.3em; padding-bottom:0.1em; font-size:100%;">
This block, which affects $7, was made by $1 at $8.

The reason given is:
----
$2
----
This block will be set to expire at: '''$6'''.

Even when blocked, you can still do other things. You can discuss this block by requesting an unblock request at [[User talk:$7|your talk page]] or [[Meta:Administrators' noticeboard]], or by contacting $1 or another [[{{MediaWiki:Grouppage-sysop}}|administrator]]. You can use the "{{int:emailuser}}" feature if a valid email address is specified in your [[Special:Preferences|preferences]] and you have not been blocked from using it. The block ID is #$5. Please include all above details in any queries you make.

</div>
|-
|
|}
Silicona (talk) 11:25, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
Silicona, what's different here? I note that you're not using the {{int:}} parser function. Any reason why not? Dmehus (talk) 01:47, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
Don't confuse MediaWiki:Blockedtext with MediaWiki:Blockedtext-partial. Silicona (talk) 11:35, 7 April 2022 (UTC)

Resignation from Patroller

Due to personal issues I will be requesting my resignation from patroller. Hypercane (talk) 09:41, 9 April 2022 (UTC)

Hypercane,  Done, with regrets. Thank you for your service to Miraheze, as a Meta patroller, a long-time wiki creator who took great care and caution with wikis approved and declined, and to your roles on TestWiki. Dmehus (talk) 14:17, 9 April 2022 (UTC)

Please delete

Will any meta administrator, please delete my common.js and global.js.Thanks Synoman Barris (talk) 21:57, 13 April 2022 (UTC)

Hello, I am not an Administrator, but you can blank the page by deleting the contents in there. -- Cheers, Bukkit ( TalkAll Contribs ) 00:02, 14 April 2022 (UTC)

Requested administrator removal of NDKilla

It is with deep regret having to make this request, as I very much miss NDKilla as a Steward. I miss his guidance, his counsel, his patience, and his incredibly good humour. Nevertheless, as it's quite clear from his last edit and log action, I believe he intended to resign from all permissions. If not, the policy does allow for removal after three (3) calendar months of no activity as a Meta administrator. Could any Meta bureaucrat please kindly process were very likely NDKilla's wishes with one of the following two log summaries: [[Special:Diff/245798|Requested]]. Thank you for your years of service! or, alternatively, Per [[Special:Diff/245798|request]] at [[Meta:Administrators' noticeboard]] following resignation ([[Special:Redirect/logid/688296|#1]]) and [[Special:Redirect/logid/688294|#2]]). Thank you for your years of service!. Thank you. Dmehus (talk) 07:00, 17 April 2022 (UTC)

I have actioned this request. Thank you for NDKilla for all his work over the years and hopefully he will return in the future when he has more time available to commit. John (talk) 09:52, 17 April 2022 (UTC)
Echoing Doug and John, thanks for the long service! ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (on) 10:16, 17 April 2022 (UTC)

Request for interface administrator

Hi there, I am formally requesting the interface administrator flag to allow me to further assist the community and to allow me to continue my regular Meta Wiki WikiGnoming. I wish to help in maintaining scripts such as Twinkle and perhaps may also publish some potentially useful de-Wikipedified scripts for usage by Meta users too. Additionally, as a contributor of Meta, it often times is very useful to be able to tweak the interface in order to tweak certain system messages (such as edit notices) in order to make them easier to read or more intuitive for our newer users. As for eligibility for this role, I presently hold various advanced permissions on Meta (rollbacker and wiki creator being some of them), I have never been issued a sanction or block and I have a very strong password on my account (on top of 2FA too). Thank you. Agent Isai Talk to me! 05:43, 20 April 2022 (UTC)

Agent Isai is generally very active on Meta, clearly has knowledge of JS and CSS and has presented a clear purpose for requesting the right as well as being a trusted member of the community. With the eligibility for this role being met, this is now  Done. Reception123 (talk) (C) 09:59, 20 April 2022 (UTC)

Move for Requests for Comment/Endorsement of Meta conventions

This proposal, which was in draft state for a long time, underwent a major change by one user including the addition of an out of scope proposal, then was moved to mainspace two minutes later. Obviously this is a problem, as this major change required time to be discussed. Their edit summary was moving out of draft space because no new comments and suggestions have been made recently but of course, ironically exactly what they have done is evaded discussion. I went to revert the page move when I saw that the page had been move-protected because one user edited while logged out. How does everyone else feel about this situation? In my opinion, RfCs were designed to be started by one person, however, the consensus for the draft phase is obviously undermined by the changes two minutes before launch. Naleksuh (talk) 17:28, 15 May 2022 (UTC)

Nothing in policy explicitly prohibits not discussing prior to RfC in the draft stage. If you don't like it, oppose the RfC and we'll do our job to make sure a fair discussion happens. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (on) 17:30, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
Closing asThis should be [closed] as  Not done and unnecessary as the proposer's thesis is simply not true. Moreover, and equally crucially, the initiating RfC openly invited changes, which several users, including Reception123 and myself, undertook. The changes with accepted, on- and off-wiki, by all participants. Dmehus (talk) 17:32, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
I have conerted your close into a comment. You haven't explained why you believe it is simply not true, in fact, the Requests for Comment/Endorsement of Meta conventions seems to say it is entirely true. It's not cool to declare the opposite without any evidence for doing so, and much less, try to prevent any users from replying to it. Naleksuh (talk) 17:46, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
While it could've been discussed before, removing an active Proposal from an RfC shouldn't be done. As RhinosF1 says, if you don't like it you can oppose it or even open an alternative one. Even if I am not the one who removed it, I disagree that it is out of scope. Regarding your comment of 'either changes to the harassment policy or changes to the way in which Miraheze cites Wikipedia policies', by supporting Proposal 1 the community is (in my opinion) impliedly disagreeing that it constitutes harassment and also impliedly rejecting any Wikipedia policies that say so. Reception123 (talk) (C) 17:35, 15 May 2022 (UTC)

Remove Patroller for Naleksuh

Given their edit-warring and repeating the edit-warring after being warned, as well as being partially blocked, I am requesting that the user Naleksuh has their patroller bit removed. -- Cheers, Justin Aves (talkcontribsglobalrights) 21:18, 15 May 2022 (UTC)

 Support I'm going to be dreadfully honest about this guy. He's been verbally abusive to not only me, but other users like Reception123 and even RhinosF1 to such a degree. Examples would be him trying to silence users from speaking out against him, attempted hounding of another fellow administrator, possibly resorting to meatpuppetry, especially from his own admission in the edit summary, attempted to cause damage-control by entirely removing a section (while that's not always a problem, it's just that Naleksuh is a special case here). There were even times where he annoyed me about some certain aspects of some certain situations that occurred. The first diff where he annoyed me was about some ping fixes. That time, he talked down to me like I was a stupid person. I'm just so sick of him always verbally abusing other admins, along with the volunteers that come here everyday (aside from me of course). But Naleksuh, if you are somehow reading this, please stop with this ridiculous behavior. It's not only affecting me, but everybody else you ever came in contact with. And for record time, please stop making aggressively false accusations against other users. This will not help you in the long run. I'm just fed up with how you treat these hardworking administrators around here. They are only doing their jobs, and you are only making the situation worse from here. DarkMatterMan4500 (talk) (contribs) 22:26, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
 Not done I am posting a review shortly, but to sanction Naleksuh for serious failings of administrators today, is not appropriate. John (talk) 22:28, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
John Understandable. DarkMatterMan4500 (talk) (contribs) 22:31, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
ok -- Cheers, Justin Aves (talkcontribsglobalrights) 22:36, 15 May 2022 (UTC)

Bureaucrat Review of Naleksuh's Sanctions

Hi, I am posting this here in the interests of transparency and to centralise discussion. This is being reviewed following an emailed complaint to the Trust and Safety team, which was referred back down to community-level users. Given my lack of involvement in this, I was asked by Owen to review it - also given my role as a Bureaucrat, I feel this would be appropriate.

Timeline
Comments and Summary
  • The block is clearly punitive and not preventative. I have commented on this point throughout the timeline and feel it is evidenced appropriately. During my review, Dmehus has reverted the block. I hope this message will go across to the other administrators who supported the block and they review it as well to reconsider if it was appropriate in the first place.
  • There is clearly an on-going history between Naleksuh and RhinosF1. As an administrator, I feel it is appropriate to put a message across to Naleksuh that they should not interact with RhinosF1 in any way where possible - except in the course of community discussions where they should retain neutrality and keep points factual. If this is not accepted by Naleksuh, or he breaches it once agreed - he should be blocked for a period of 1 week initially, then a doubling period after that for any subsequent breaches.
  • Given it is unfair to only place a sanction on Naleksuh, given the continued evidence that RhinosF1 is bordering on a breach of the CoC and administrator neutrality - I am making a similar recommendation in my capacity as a bureaucrat. RhinosF1 should refrain from engaging with Naleksuh in any way where possible - except in the course of community discussions where they should retain neutrality and keep points factual. This extends to their use of sysop tools against Naleksuh unless they can clearly justify on wiki why the action was an emergency at that time. They should also not proxy other administrators or users to make administrative actions against Naleksuh. If this is not accepted by RhinosF1, or he breaches it once agreed - he should be blocked for a period of 1 week initially, then a doubling period after that for any subsequent breaches.
  • This is a semi interaction ban to support stability and health of the community - if users disagree, they should immediately seek a community discussion and abide by the interaction ban in the meantime.

@Naleksuh: and @RhinosF1: can you both please accept/reject (and open the appropriate discussion if rejecting) the proposed interaction ban so it can be recorded that will is in place and fully agreed to. Thank you, John (talk) 22:44, 15 May 2022 (UTC)

I acknowledge this request and will review shortly. It looks like only comments from myself and one other user are being asked for so this should be simple enough. Naleksuh (talk) 22:44, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
Having discussed this matter with John and come in to see the mess just as it entered review stage, I am in full support of both the assessment and summary. --Raidarr (talk) 22:45, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
I've read all of the timeline and I agree with it. Specifically, that the thread was valid and was prematurely closed. In my view, closes of threads should be completely uncontroversial especially when closed minutes after they are made, and that requesting reopening is wrong, or as John puts it, "overly bureaucratic".
Yes, I also agree that there was some misuse of reverts by MacFan4000, however I note that John refers to "an administrator" (or as I say sysop)-- MacFan4000 is not a Meta sysop.
There was also use of blocking to prevent discussion on issues, and false comments (like claiming I was assuming bad faith when I was not).
Yes, RhinosF1 has repeatedly unwantedly contacted me several times, including both the placing of this block and after being reminded not to post on my talk page, decided to revert an edit there.
Given all of this, I support the two-way interaction-ban, but without exceptions on community discussions and support a full two-way ban, and agree to the sanctions on enforcement. I also look forward to it being enforced on both ends instead of only on me.
I'm also going to ask that we remove the "Edit warring" and "May 2022" sections from the talk page, not only because of the ongoing, non-retroactive discussion on removing sysop threads, but because of the conclusion that edit warring has not taken place and that RhinosF1 is subject to an interaction-ban, and therefore should not have messages on my talk page, especially not those made with an attempted sysop capacity. Naleksuh (talk) 22:59, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
I would not support removal of the prior "Edit warring" warning, as that is unrelated to this specific incident. As to the May 2022 warning, I would also not favour outright removal and would favour archival (in some form), given recent events, but will defer to the community here. Dmehus (talk) 23:06, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
The edit warring thread is related, because it is a matter of whether or not edits in your own user space constitute edit warring. Currently they do not, but even if proposal 4 was successful, it would not be far to apply that retroactively. Also, in this thread John points out how MacFan4000 was allowed to revert a close but I was not-- the same thing goes for removing warnings, and for the same user. MacFan4000 removed a warning for abusing rollback on their talk page, and I didn't reinstate it because I believe users should be allowed to remove warnings. As for archiving "in some form", they can be archived to the page history. I do not use traditional archive subpages and do not have an intent on starting. Naleksuh (talk) 23:09, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
Well, actually, this is simply not accurate. If that were true, one could vandalize or spam their own user talk page with impunity and without regard to edit warring. Dmehus (talk) 23:11, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
I have restored your thread at User talk:MacFan4000. That being said, I also feel that you should not be giving messages that may be construed as warnings without the requisite permissions to revoke the rollbacker permission. Rather, you should have opened a thread at Meta:Administrators' noticeboard if you felt it was inappropriate. As to your comment about messages being available in the page history, that is easily lost, due to Miraheze not having added tools that allow for easily searching, by keyword, edit summaries. That is the impetus behind the current Meta convention, that recent warnings should be archived, but not removed. Note that you can use the permalink-diff method, which you yourself even  agreed to use. Dmehus (talk) 23:19, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
I don’t think that comparison is accurate. The warning issued to you was by an administrator while the warning issued by you was not and was based on a misunderstanding that the “Usage” section on Meta:Rollbackers was policy. Agent Isai Talk to me! 23:17, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
I am giving you permission to archive both threads to your talk page history. May 2022 as shown above isn’t relevant anymore. With regards to the edit warring one, convention isn’t policy and until it’s written in policy, I personally don’t see an issue with archiving this way. At this point, with how much it’s been discussed and rehashed, the warning is pretty much imprinted on every administrators head here, so I wouldn’t say the argument of ‘it’s hiding it from others’ is valid as pretty much everyone has seen it by now. John (talk) 23:21, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
I don't feel that is appropriate here, given that Naleksuh has already previously agreed to use the permalink-diff archive method, but perhaps equally importantly, there was already a general consensus by participants in that discussion that they favoured archiving in that case, with raidarr noting he "strongly agreed" with that solution, and other users including Reception123, Agent Isai, and DeeM28 noting similarly favourable results. It's worth noting that not every administrator action needs to be grounded in policy, so long as it is consistently applied and, ideally, documented in a Meta:Administrators handbook. Where there's a dispute as to an administrator devised rule, or convention, that can, and should, be opened up for community discussion. Dmehus (talk) 23:39, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
I don't agree with that at all. It's been archived to the page history, where you can find it any time you like. There's no need for anything more than that, nor is there a need to do anything differently. It would not make sense to revoke the right to OWNTALK for one user only based on feelings of certain sysops and not based on policy, this turns Miraheze into a dictatorship. Thank you, John, for the permission to remove those threads, I have done so now and they should not be restored. Naleksuh (talk) 00:04, 16 May 2022 (UTC)
Many things have been already said here but I wish to enter my opinion that I do not agree with the assertion that "convention isn’t policy and until it’s written in policy". Meta is a project with very little written rules and functions by a sort of common law system where the rules are made by convention and are often not written except in some rare circumstances. If a convention is the subject of controversy or unclear it should be subjected to a vote (and that is exactly what I have done) but I do not see any valid reason for why conventions should simply be ignored unless written and I think that creates a dangerous precedent. I disagree with Naleksuh being allowed to remove the thread and think it is ignoring the rule that has been applied before and also the current support of the rule which is taking place at the RfC. To qualify my opinion I believe that this small matter has become very contentious and I would accept this particular warning being put aside for the reasons given by John. That being said in the future (and especially if the RfC is successful) it would be unacceptable to not respect this rule. DeeM28 (talk) 17:30, 16 May 2022 (UTC)

Request for block

A user called User:This running in hallway identifier! Funny identifier! Keep laughing! is vandalizing by creating project pages with some nonsense content. Please block this user accordingly. --Matttest (talk) 11:18, 21 May 2022 (UTC)

P.S. Please also mass delete the pages he created. --Matttest (talk) 11:23, 21 May 2022 (UTC)
This was  already done by Raidarr. DarkMatterMan4500 (talk) (contribs) 13:20, 22 May 2022 (UTC)
With local support from John in removing pages. This was an incident involving multiple accounts which has been quelled. --Raidarr (talk) 11:51, 23 May 2022 (UTC)

Request for autoparolled rights (Silicona) #2

I am active for over 2 months and made 1,407 edits, 540 of which are on Meta. Therefore will the admins grant me the autoparolled rights? Silicona (talk) 14:31, 21 May 2022 (UTC)

Silicona, one shouldn't need to ask for the autopatrolled permission, as it's more about making patrollers' and administrators' lives easier. Because you asked and because I'm not seeing a lot of edits on Meta Wiki, I'm inclined to mark this as  not done, again, for now, but I'll take a closer look at your edits, qualitatively, over the next month, with a view to granting barring anything that gives me pause. Dmehus (talk) 04:49, 23 May 2022 (UTC)

Seeking permanent, and updated, community consensus for the "Edit warring" thread at User talk:Naleksuh per this thread

Block Removal Request

Hello, awhile back, I had self-requested a block here for my main account, ApexAgunomu, but now I would like that block to be removed. I think I can be responsible here on Meta and not do dumb things. Thanks! ApexTest (talk) 05:54, 22 May 2022 (UTC) https://meta.miraheze.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/ApexAgunomu

While I would be happy to oblige, I would like to enquire about a few edits. For example, this one where you inserted the category “Hello” in Extensions along with your recent creation of 2 blank talk pages. What is up with that? Agent Isai Talk to me! 06:01, 22 May 2022 (UTC)
Those were silly little test edits, which I will also avoid in the future. Also, the main reason I'm asking for this right now is because I want to clean up my global.css page for my ApexAgunomu account (like remove the note at the top so it will work properly). ApexTest (talk) 13:04, 22 May 2022 (UTC)
Hi, just wondering if there's any way my main account can be unblocked here so I can fix my css page. Thank you. ApexTest (talk) 00:59, 23 May 2022 (UTC)
ApexTest, I would not recommend this and, indeed, was just about to match your main account's self-requested until I saw this request. Per discussions I've had with Reception123 and Agent Isai on IRC, I'm about to unblock you on Public Test Wiki, with further, firmer guidance and a stronger abuse filter adapted by Chrs, so I think this is where you focus should be. Dmehus (talk) 04:46, 23 May 2022 (UTC)
Okay. I will work there for now. Thank you for unblocking me there and the reply here. ApexTest (talk) 06:23, 23 May 2022 (UTC)

Requesting the rights

Hello. Would it be possible to have my translation admin and patroller rights back? I am interested in volunteering again. Thanks. Startus (talk) 11:00, 23 May 2022 (UTC)

 Done. I trust you remember the patroller and translation administrator guidelines so thus I will not link them. Either way, welcome back! Agent Isai Talk to me! 12:23, 23 May 2022 (UTC)
Thanks, Agent. Yeah, I remember the guidelines :) Startus (talk) 14:30, 23 May 2022 (UTC)

Patroller request for Matttest

Hello, I would like to volunteer to be a patroller on Meta Wiki. My active wikis are Public Test Wiki (some of them are tests but also helping users in the community portal, giving them reminders), some wikis in the Chinese language as mentioned in my userpage, and meta is one of the active wikis I am in. As of recent weeks, I have been active patrolling the noticeboards, reviewing edits (such as adding the {{unsigned}} template when a user haven’t signed their messages) and new pages at both Special:RecentChanges and Special:NewPages. By becoming a patroller, I will be able to help on marking pages as patrolled and thus lower the burden of other administrators who have a lot to do. I am looking forward for any questions or concerns, thank you for your consideration. --Matttest (talk) 07:53, 1 June 2022 (UTC)

Thank you for volunteering. While reviewing your edits, I found that the bulk of your recent edits focus more on your ongoing feud on unbookswiki. I would feel more comfortable granting the right if I saw further evidence of activity on Meta other than relating to your ongoing issue on the aforementioned wiki. As such, I am marking as not done for now. I would suggest you continue to volunteer on Meta and also that you review Meta:Patrollers and the guidelines for patrollers. Thanks! Agent Isai Talk to me! 08:08, 1 June 2022 (UTC) (P.S. I saw your user page and I would disagree with the claim that Matomo is spying on you)
Yet, some of them is indeed, relating the the unbooks’ dispute, which makes the my edits of meta related activities to be not obvious and probably not enough. Anyway, I will keep my activities in meta and be more active in patrolling noticeboards before I request the right here again. Thanks. (P.S. From my point of view, matomo is analyzing user’s behavior without a reason - I can’t understand why matomo needs to log social networks, resolution, etc.). Cheers, Matttest (talk) 09:01, 1 June 2022 (UTC)

Need help with this edit

Hey, I'm trying to publish the H:PF redirect for the Help:ParserFunctions page which I've recently created for this wiki. But unfortunately one of the Abuse filters is preventing me from publishing it. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 07:40, 31 May 2022 (UTC)

I have tried to create the page and yet, it prevents me to create the redirect too. Since the abuse filter is set as private that only meta administrators can view it, I am pinging Agent Isai here, an active sysop here. Cheers, Matttest (talk) 09:20, 31 May 2022 (UTC)
You don't seem to be a member of any groups that I'm not a member of. So if I can't create the redirect, I wouldn't expect you to be able to either. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 10:28, 31 May 2022 (UTC)
The AbuseFilter limits this to sysops/autopatrolled users. It is not designed to consider Stewards either and is something to perhaps consider as an update. --Raidarr (talk) 13:20, 31 May 2022 (UTC)
So could the redirect that I was trying to create be created? ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 14:05, 31 May 2022 (UTC)
It is to be assumed that all Stewards are autopatrolled as that demonstrates trustworthiness from Meta sysops and evidently, Stewards are trusted. I don't see a valid use case for exemptions for the local Stewards group in light of this. Agent Isai Talk to me! 19:15, 31 May 2022 (UTC)
Why do you want to create this page? Agent Isai Talk to me! 19:15, 31 May 2022 (UTC)
The answer is in the abuse log. Because other pages redirecting to other sites also have shortcuts like that. It's not consistent otherwise. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 21:22, 31 May 2022 (UTC)
There is a filter that prevents non-administrators to create pages in mainspace. Cigaryno66331 (talk) 10:51, 14 June 2022 (UTC)

File:33-338456 choco-milk-chocolate-milk.png

Please delete File:33-338456 choco-milk-chocolate-milk.png or move it to Miraheze Commons. I don't see any actual use of it here on Miraheze Meta. Startus (talk) 13:34, 8 June 2022 (UTC)

Hey, the file is actually used to give encouragement like “barnstars” to users, see here. I can’t see any reasons to delete this file given this. Cheers, Matttest (talk | contribs) 13:42, 8 June 2022 (UTC)
Exactly, that's why I added it could be moved to Commons as I said in my original post. But, I think it is out of scope of Meta-Wiki. Startus (talk) 16:14, 8 June 2022 (UTC)

request translator rights

Hi. I would like to volunteer to translate the crowdfunding notice into the languages I speak (French, German, Russian, Slovak, Spanish) 109.230.42.33 12:34, 10 June 2022 (UTC)

Please create an account to translate pages. Thanks. Agent Isai Talk to me! 12:37, 10 June 2022 (UTC)

I need a GIPBE

I need GIPBE because I need to chat in discord and use miraheze at the same time in sometimes,but unluckily,the ip address of the VPN is blocked in global now.So I need it.(if there is a user group with it) 城市酸儒文人挖坑 (talk) 08:20, 12 June 2022 (UTC)

Block me on Meta

Please block me on Meta as this is Bukkit's alternative account for PTW. Bukkit (test account) (talk) 17:56, 12 June 2022 (UTC)

 Confirmed -- Bukkit[cetacean needed] 18:00, 12 June 2022 (UTC)
 Done, please let us know if you need anything else :) ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (on) 18:03, 12 June 2022 (UTC)
Alright, thanks! -- Bukkit[cetacean needed] 18:05, 12 June 2022 (UTC)

Autopatrolled user request: Cigaryno66331

Hello, I need the autopatrolled flag because I don't want to have my edits as ! Thanks. Cigaryno66331 (talk) 10:05, 14 June 2022 (UTC)

Hi. You're quite new here and barely have 20 edits on Meta, so I think it's quite early to request autopatrolled and would suggest you take more time. Reception123 (talk) (C) 10:41, 14 June 2022 (UTC)
I will make more edits while I wait for my wiki request to be approved. Cigaryno66331 (talk) 11:00, 14 June 2022 (UTC)

Request

Hi,I want become global sysop,but I don’t Know where have this Group. Where is ?

Erté (talk) 07:27, 18 June 2022 (UTC)

To apply for global sysop, please add a request at Requests for global rights. However, I doubt if the request will be successful, since you have only 86 edits gloablly. I will advise you to be more active in different wikis before you apply for it. Cheers, Matttest (talk | contribs) 08:32, 18 June 2022 (UTC)
Matt is correct, both in the how and the caution about its chances of success. Far more active/established users have had difficulties getting the votes required. --Raidarr (talk) 12:00, 18 June 2022 (UTC)

Protect my user pages

To prevent possible vandalism on my user page, please protect it so that only autoconfirmed users can edit it. Cigaryno (talk) 15:15, 20 June 2022 (UTC)

 Done Reception123 (talk) (C) 18:38, 21 June 2022 (UTC)

Template:Global policy

I made a major edit on Template:Global policy so MobileFrontend will no longer display this template as a page issue. Please mark this page for translation. Cigaryno (talk) 11:21, 21 June 2022 (UTC)

You also seem to have made an edit to the wording which seems unnecessary and not better than the original version, so I have reverted your edits. Please try not to make edits to pages unless you think they are really necessary and improve the page. Reception123 (talk) (C) 18:38, 21 June 2022 (UTC)

Autopatrolled

Hello, could an administrator grant me the autopatrolled rights? Cigaryno (talk) 18:39, 1 July 2022 (UTC)

Personally, no. I still think an eye is needed here. I've had discussions with Raidarr before with my concerns. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (on) 18:50, 1 July 2022 (UTC)
I agree. Usually people who get autopatrolled aren't the ones who ask administrators multiple times in a short time span, they're usually people who admins think deserve it. Some of your edits, such as most recently the creation of a invalid template Template:Whatisit-lowercase demonstrate that you aren't yet ready for this. Reception123 (talk) (C) 20:25, 1 July 2022 (UTC)

Global Sysops page

Hi. Can an admin please look into the problem here. I couldn't figure out what is making the table header appear twice. It would also be great to have its tvar syntax updated. Thanks. --Startus (talk) 07:43, 7 July 2022 (UTC)

I've updated the table and remarked. No idea on the new syntax. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (on) 08:00, 7 July 2022 (UTC)

Rollbacker flag request

In order to deal with vandalism quickly, we areI applying for a Rollbacker flag. I promise to use the authority only to roll back vandalism.Thank you. 1108-Kiju/talk 17:24, 14 July 2022 (UTC)

 Note To Sysops User has 278 edits on Meta locally, and 1,300 edits globally. Also not sure about the “we” in the request. Thanks - BrandonWM (talkcontribsglobalrights) 18:32, 14 July 2022 (UTC)
The "we" is a mistake.--1108-Kiju/talk 18:45, 14 July 2022 (UTC)
Rollbacker is a seldomly granted right which is only given to users who have an exceptional record of local countervandalism. Before granting it, it would be best if you showed experience in using Twinkle's psuedo-rollback feature to help local administrators determine whether the rollback flag would be helpful. Agent Isai Talk to me! 00:42, 15 July 2022 (UTC)
I understand. I will gain some more experience. 1108-Kiju/talk 08:57, 15 July 2022 (UTC)

Can something be done about MarioBobFan?

This user has been banned off of our network of wikis, yet he's making requests to some of the admins on these wikis to change certain miniscule things. Here's some examples:

https://meta.miraheze.org/wiki/User_talk:Zangler

https://meta.miraheze.org/wiki/User_talk:Marxo_Grouch

https://meta.miraheze.org/wiki/User_talk:Raidarr#Can_you_please_restore_a_lot_of_the_information_and_trivia?

Since he's banned on our wikis, he has no say in what happens there, and he shouldn't be posting this kind of stuff here either since his posts are completely off-topic here on Miraheze Meta. --Blazikeye535 (talk) 18:09, 21 July 2022 (UTC)

You can add this to his count of questionable requests as well. Marxo Grouch (talk) 19:58, 22 July 2022 (UTC)
I left a message on his talk page. Agent Isai Talk to me! 06:18, 23 July 2022 (UTC)
I know I never had plans to edit this page, but I don't see them as off topic since Meta Miraheze is related to the Miraheze wikis in my opinion. I respect Blaskieye535's opinion. I still consider myself an editor on the wikis I am blocked on since I often make a handful of contributions there, and I have been inactive there for far way long. I should have said this on Radiarr's talk page appeal, but I shouldn't have been banned from the wikis I actively edit on a lot, as I find them fun and like/love to look at and edit, and I remember coming home after school to edit the Miraheze and/or Fandom pages as well as milking polls on the Encyclopedia SpongeBob and The Loud House Wiki since that's what I often did. MarioBobFan (talk) 07:34, 23 July 2022 (UTC)

Request for a translation administrator

Hi, I would like to be a translation administrator. I've been a bit inactive, but now I'm going to be active again and I'm going to translate a lot. Thanks :) Lois (talk) 07:04, 26 July 2022 (UTC)

If granted, what do you plan to do as translation admin? Agent Isai Talk to me! 07:15, 26 July 2022 (UTC)
Well, I would like to translate everything into my own language (Hungarian) if possible, and check the translations, my own translations as well. Although here is missing the option that is in the Meta-wiki menu on the left above the translations: "State: In progress, Needs updating, Proofreading, Ready, Published" Lois (talk) 07:26, 26 July 2022 (UTC)
Thanks for your reply. I was asking what actions exactly you'd do that require translation administrator access. Agent Isai Talk to me! 07:33, 26 July 2022 (UTC)
I have no specific plan. But then I don't get the right, right? I just think that the menu on the left above the translations is missing. Lois (talk) 07:48, 26 July 2022 (UTC)
Agent Isai, I'm happy to  Support Lois being granted the translationadmin permission. She was previously a very prolific, and helpful, translator of pages to Hungarian. Being able to mark pages for translation after editing the source pages should benefit her greatly. I've observed her translations on- and off-Meta Wiki and she is clearly familiar with the Translate extension. Dmehus (talk) 21:48, 31 July 2022 (UTC)

Requested deletion of an off-topic sandbox.

This page demonstrates MarioBobFan's misunderstanding of Meta's purpose, which he seems to believe is to use as a replacement for Qualitipedia. As he has been warned, content like this should be posted on a personal wiki, not the Miraheze platform's central wiki. I believe for this reason that the page warrants deletion (keeping in mind that it was created before the user was given a formal warning about Meta's purpose). Marxo Grouch (talk) 21:37, 31 July 2022 (UTC)

I considered this, but seeing his stated reason, I would  Oppose deletion at this stage. We should at least provide him a short opportunity to create the page once his block his expires. If his conduct continues on the Qualitipedia wikis to justify a longer block, then deletion should be considered. Dmehus (talk) 21:45, 31 July 2022 (UTC)
Keep in mind it shouldn't be deleted as I tried to use other stuff as my sandbox on non-Qualitipedia wikis as it didn't work. It should not also be deleted since I have worked on the massive Loud House information for a very long time, planned it in October 2021 and started to work on it in November 2021 in one of my Google Documents. In fact, I shouldn't have been blocked from the Terrible TV Shows & Episodes Wiki, especially since I would have added most of the stuff to the actual article among other things to help out the pages there. I am done using my sandbox. MarioBobFan (talk) 22:14, 31 July 2022 (UTC)
Keep it in a text document offline if you must: Meta is not a storage for content like this, regardless of your motivations for saving the material. --Raidarr (talk) 12:15, 1 August 2022 (UTC)
That's true, to an extent, yes, but precedents do allow for temporary storage of off-topic content in sandboxes. Given that it's a time-limited block, it's a reasonable outcome here. Dmehus (talk) 13:37, 1 August 2022 (UTC)

It's in one of my Google Documents (the original one was deleted so I started to work on a new one) in April 2022. Once my block expires, I will finally put all of the stuff there and blank my sandbox with "TBA.". I still hope the massive helpful good edit works and I do not get any of my edits reverted, especially from Neat Structure, Blaszieye535, and DarkMatterMan4500, especially the first user, and he's infamous for formerly reverting my edits a lot (especially the Terrible TV Shows & Episodes Wiki and Loathsome Characters Wiki). MarioBobFan (talk) 22:33, 1 August 2022 (UTC)

@Dmehus:, @Raidarr: I've seen a user using their Userpage as a spam advertisement. I made the request for quick delete and the administration did not accept the request. So, why in this case there has to be more rigidity? — Pixial [Talk] 01:14, 14 August 2022 (UTC)

Autopatrolled for 坑触可

If any Meta administrator could kindly add the autopatrolled permission for 坑触可, that'd be the great. They've been around here a long time, understand talk page conventions, and know Meta's purpose and scope well. Dmehus (talk) 01:55, 1 August 2022 (UTC)

Remove language icon on mobile on Meta

Hello I already know how to remove that unnecessary language icon in mobile theme. Just go to Special:ManageWiki/settings, to Localidation and remove $wgMinervaAlwaysShowLanguageButton Located specifically here. Grateful if someone removes it as it is unnecessary. — Pixial [Talk] 01:20, 12 August 2022 (UTC) 

Delete Requests for global rights/History

Hello. I come here to propose the elimination of the page Requests for global rights/History, since it has no use and was created specifically by me. — Pixial [Talk] 04:58, 15 August 2022 (UTC)

 Done Agent Isai Talk to me! 15:29, 24 August 2022 (UTC)

Permission request (basic)

Hi there. I would like to request basic access to read posts on miraheze.org wiki. I was able to read them for a few days and now I keep getting permission error. Thanks for your help. I'm just trying to use the wiki for information on the ark Omega mod. WillyQuick777 (talk) 14:15, 16 August 2022 (UTC) WillyQuick777 (talk) 14:15, 16 August 2022 (UTC)

Hello. You would have to talk to a local administrator such as User:Geuxbacon to give you the member user group. -- Bukkit[cetacean needed] 14:52, 16 August 2022 (UTC)
What error were you getting and on what wiki? Agent Isai Talk to me! 14:52, 16 August 2022 (UTC)
It's a private wiki, and they're getting the insufficient perms error. The wiki is arkomega.miraheze.org. -- Bukkit[cetacean needed] 14:54, 16 August 2022 (UTC)

autopatrolled request

I've learnt from my mistakes, and I would like to see if any administrators think I'm ready for autopatrolled. Thanks. -- Bukkit[cetacean needed] 02:01, 23 August 2022 (UTC)

As the one who reported the incident that got Bukkit's autopatrolled rights revoked, I believe there is significant behavioral improvement to warrant restoration of the rights. Marxo Grouch (talk) 02:24, 23 August 2022 (UTC)
It have been 6 months after their rights was revoked, and their behaviour have changed (no matter in Meta-Wiki or qualitipedia affiliated wikis, where they have been nominated as a bureaucrat). Though the autopatrolled permission is normally not requested (but rather granted by an admin once they think they are quality), I will be comfortable to support this request. -Cheers, Matttest (talk | contribs) 02:53, 23 August 2022 (UTC)
I'm comfortable granting you the flag but I'd like you to note that you'll be closely watched so be on your best behavior, capisce? Agent Isai Talk to me! 02:55, 23 August 2022 (UTC)
Alright. -- Bukkit[cetacean needed] 12:59, 23 August 2022 (UTC)
 Done Agent Isai Talk to me! 15:51, 23 August 2022 (UTC)

Permission request(autopartroller)

I request autopartoller rights.I have experienced many things across miarheze projects.I'd like to help users more than now. by Buel ·Talk·Wikimail 06:23, 23 August 2022 (UTC)

@Buel: While we generally don't allow users to request this permission as it's instead given at administrator discretion, I have nonetheless  granted the permission as I was under the impression you were already autopatrolled and I see no need to patrol you and you seem to know the purpose of Miraheze Meta. Agent Isai Talk to me! 15:25, 24 August 2022 (UTC)
@Agent Isai: Thank you.I'll do my best. by Buel ·Talk·Wikimail 00:20, 25 August 2022 (UTC)

Rollbacker

In light of the recent Meta vandalism attempts, I am requesting the rollbacker flag. This is so I can be able to swiftly revert blatant vandalism. Thanks. -- Bukkit[cetacean needed] 19:23, 5 September 2022 (UTC)

I'm going to close this as stale, for now. Generally, rollbacker is granted to users who show that they can be trusted with the flag and who know when to use rollback. I'd recommend you use Twinkle's 'rollback' feature to help administrators get a gist of how you operate with the tool and then we'd go from there. Agent Isai Talk to me! 16:30, 14 September 2022 (UTC)

translation-admin request

I usually translate.However,pages have to be marked to be translate.To do it,translation-admin rights are needed.so I requseted here. by Buel ·Talk·Wikimail 11:50, 23 September 2022 (UTC)

  •  Support He is actively involved in English to Japanese translation. I am convinced that his work facilitates the translation process.--1108-Kiju/▶talk 12:02, 23 September 2022 (UTC)
  • Four days later.but there's only one reply. by Buel ·Talk·Wikimail 08:42, 27 September 2022 (UTC)
Although adding votes is not needed given it's an admins discretion right, I  Support. I trust that with the current translations made by this user, there would be no harm in giving the right. -- Bukkit[cetacean needed] 19:48, 27 September 2022 (UTC)

 Done as I currently do not see any reason not to. Zppix (Meta | talk to me) 20:07, 27 September 2022 (UTC)

Autopatrolled request

Hi, this is ZeusDeeGoose. I'm preparing for an account rename, so I may be locked out of my main account. I am requesting the autopatrolled permission. Thank you. ZeusDeeGoose (public) (talk) 16:44, 5 October 2022 (UTC)

This seems to have now been  Done by Agent Isai. Universal Omega (talk) 08:08, 6 October 2022 (UTC)

delete my userpage

Title. Also do it asap. CRAB-2 (talk) 03:13, 7 October 2022 (UTC)

Also delete my sig. CRAB-2 (talk) 03:14, 7 October 2022 (UTC)
  • If you have already pasted {{Delete}} in userpage,it'll be deleted.You don't need to request here. by Buel ·Talk·Wikimail 10:10, 7 October 2022 (UTC)
    yes, but I put the tag a long time ago. CRAB-2 (talk) 01:35, 8 October 2022 (UTC)
@CRAB-2:  Done Zppix (Meta | talk to me) 19:15, 8 October 2022 (UTC)

How to do signature

I want to do a simple custom signature. How do I do that? LovingHaydeL (talk) 02:26, 8 October 2022 (UTC)

create a User:LovingHaydeL/sig, then go to signature preferences, add {{SUBST:LovingHaydeL/sig}}. Make sure you enable "Treat signature as wikitext" CRAB-2 (talk) 03:34, 8 October 2022 (UTC)
thanks LovingHaydeL (talk) 16:25, 9 October 2022 (UTC)

translation-admin request

Reasons: Hello Everyone Dear Miraheze Community, I'm HeyTürkiye. As you know, my Wiki creator application was rejected and I realized that it was a bit of a task and I decided to make an easy request on Miraheze. Miraheze, you know that it is a community that is developing every day, it is possible to come across any kind of user, whether local or foreign, Turkish or Afghan. Due to the increase in Users living in Turkey these days and Turkish is my mother tongue, I request the Translation Administrator I request user rights. I have read all Global Policies and understand that my authorization will be taken for abuse. If you have questions, I will be happy to answer all of them, bad or positive :) I hope the result will be good for Miraheze... Hey Türkiye message? 13:25, 12 October 2022 (UTC)

 Support To give users translation-admin rights,voting is no needed.But I support.His action will help users in turkey. by Buel ·Talk·Wikimail 03:43, 13 October 2022 (UTC)changed by Buel ·Talk·Wikimail 03:47, 13 October 2022 (UTC)
Do you understand the scope of translation administrator and what they do? Agent Isai Talk to me! 04:26, 13 October 2022 (UTC)
Response Response @Agent Isai The scope of the translation manager is to mark translations. It is possible to learn easily based on their contribution to understanding what they are doing. That's why I made this application, since the number of users living in Turkey in Miraheze has increased a lot these days, with all due respect. Hey Türkiye message? 05:11, 13 October 2022 (UTC)
 Comment: Even if this isn't a substantive comment I would just like to point out that you've made a lot of requests for permissions lately on Meta which reminds one of w:Hat collecting. I would just point out that having an extra 'hat' doesn't make someone special and volunteers can be very useful without necessarily having advanced permissions, so setting a goal of getting as many permissions as possible isn't right. Reception123 (talk) (C) 12:49, 13 October 2022 (UTC)
Response Response My aim is not to get more than one hat dear @Reception123, My aim is to help Miraheze. I know I have applied a lot these days and I may have offended many users. but my goal is to have at least one hat. Hey Türkiye message? 13:22, 13 October 2022 (UTC)
Response Response In addition, I would like to say that more than one hat does not make one special. Getting authority is not a very important thing, authority means responsibility. If you make it private, you can't do it properly. Hey Türkiye message? 13:24, 13 October 2022 (UTC)
 Comment: To be frank and I do not wish to be mean: this role is a 'bridge', requiring one understands original meaning and can translate from that meaning to native language. A solid understanding of another language is good - if the original understanding is weak, then the translations may suffer because of it. This factor must be weighed for acceptance, though the role is otherwise just basic technical. Food for thought. --Raidarr (talk) 13:28, 13 October 2022 (UTC)

Full-protected edit request

At CheckUser#Permission, there is a minor error with the parser tvar. It lacks an ending </tvar>, --Blad (talk|contribs|accounts|email) 20:00, 13 October 2022 (UTC)

Thanks for seeing that, fixed! Reception123 (talk) (C) 05:18, 14 October 2022 (UTC)

Temporary flooder flag request

I am requesting the flooder tag for 12 hours, as I would like to do lots of category work with HotCat. Once I am done, I will remove it from myself. --Blad (talk|contribs|accounts|email) 12:02, 18 October 2022 (UTC)

@Blad: Could you please be more specific? What kinds of categories do you plan to implement? If you're planning to make big changes it's probably best to mention that before proceeding to do it. Reception123 (talk) (C) 14:34, 18 October 2022 (UTC)
I would like to add Category:Closed Requests for Comment to several uncategorized RfCs. --Blad (talk|contribs|accounts|email) 14:40, 18 October 2022 (UTC)
I've granted this for two hours given that you're active now and that granting it for 12 hours seems too much for such a small task. Please do refrain from making unrelated edits while having the flag. Reception123 (talk) (C) 15:01, 18 October 2022 (UTC)
@Reception123: I am done, can you remove the flag? --Blad (talk|contribs|accounts|email) 16:18, 18 October 2022 (UTC)
Removed. Reception123 (talk) (C) 16:21, 18 October 2022 (UTC)

My IPv6 addresses have been blocked for no reason

This is here because I cannot use my talk pages for IPv6 addresses.

The IPv6 addresses I use to edit Miraheze Meta have been blocked for 1 month. (these are in the range 2001:8003:b1b8:bf00::/64) If you look at the block notice, they are blocked for “abusing multiple accounts”. That might sound like a reason, but then you realise that my IP address changes at random. Sometimes I might be using 101.185.66.160. Sometimes I’ll be using another IP. I have no control over this. It changes randomly. Therefore, I have been blocked for no reason. 101.185.66.160 01:55, 22 October 2022 (UTC) my IPv4 address still works!

They’re only blocked on Meta. 101.185.66.160 01:56, 22 October 2022 (UTC)
@Universal Omega You blocked me. See above. 101.185.66.160 05:22, 22 October 2022 (UTC)
I can confirm with certainty that you are the same user that has been repeatedly vandalising Meta with "Decyclopedia" stuff.
Below I link the diffs:
This gives me more than enough certainty to make the block with the reason given, due to the fact you have been using dynamic IPs to constantly bypass your given blocks on other addresses in the range. Universal Omega (talk) 05:47, 22 October 2022 (UTC)

Confirmed request

Can I have the confirmed user group? I'm trying to create a talk page and the damn CAPTCHA won't leave me alone. OrangeStar (talk) 21:23, 24 October 2022 (UTC)

 Done for a month as you should be able to easily be autopromoted to autoconfirmed in a few days. Let us know if you need anything. Agent Isai Talk to me! 00:01, 25 October 2022 (UTC)

Mark a revision for translation

Can a translation admin mark the current revision of Disabling an account for translation? Thanks. OrangeStar (talk) 17:25, 25 October 2022 (UTC)

 Done HeartsDo (Talk / Global / Wiki Creator) 19:01, 25 October 2022 (UTC)

Mark for translation

Please mark the current revision of Copyright takedowns for translation, thanks. OrangeStar (talk) 18:35, 26 October 2022 (UTC)

 Done Agent Isai Talk to me! 18:36, 26 October 2022 (UTC)

Mark for translation (again)

Please mark the current revision of Copyright takedowns for translation, thanks. OrangeStar (talk) 13:50, 27 October 2022 (UTC)

 Done by Agent Isai, thanks once again. OrangeStar (talk) 13:55, 27 October 2022 (UTC)

Mark for translation

Please mark the current revision of Guide to writing wiki requests for translation. OrangeStar (talk) 22:46, 4 November 2022 (UTC)

 Done but may I suggest that you perhaps apply for translation administrator as you seem to be very active in that field and need pages marked for translation on a regular basis? The hat may prove useful to you. Agent Isai Talk to me! 22:51, 4 November 2022 (UTC)
I don't think I need it that much. OrangeStar (talk) 18:09, 5 November 2022 (UTC)
@OrangeStar I really think you need it :) --  Joseph  TB  CT  CA  13:21, 6 November 2022 (UTC)
Well then, I guess I'll request translation admin. OrangeStar (talk) 20:17, 6 November 2022 (UTC)

Mark for translation & protected edit request

Requesting the following on the CheckUser article:

  1. Move the </translate> on the "CheckUser tools" section to the end of the article. It appears that's the cause for "tvar name=cu-group><code>{{int:group-checkuser}}</code></tvar"" to show up in the article when it shouldn't
  2. Once that's done, mark the current revision of the article for translation. OrangeStar (talk) 13:16, 6 November 2022 (UTC)
 Fixed Agent Isai Talk to me! 18:59, 7 November 2022 (UTC)

Translation administrator request

I'd like to have translation administrator status, per the recommendations of Ugochimobi and Agent Isai. I like to translate random stuff I come across on Meta on my free time, and, in the process of translating stuff, I usually spot something on the source page I'd like to change. Currently, my workflow is to do my translations, change what I want to change , then post a request on this noticeboard before logging out so that an administrator can mark the new version for translation. If I have translation admin rights, I can do everything on one sitting. OrangeStar (talk) 20:21, 6 November 2022 (UTC)

 Done Agent Isai Talk to me! 21:07, 6 November 2022 (UTC)
@OrangeStar Boom! you got it now :-) --  Joseph  TB  CT  CA  21:54, 6 November 2022 (UTC)

Remove Board/Policies from translation

I don't see the usefulness of translating Board/Policies, especially because we don't translate the minutes and agenda sub-pages. We can either translate those too or remove this page from the translation system altogether. I personally lean towards removing it. OrangeStar (talk) 14:58, 8 November 2022 (UTC)

I would agree. It doesn't make sense to translate the few words on that page and dates especially since subpages aren't. I'll leave this open a bit in case others have different views about this. Reception123 (talk) (C) 16:03, 8 November 2022 (UTC)

patroller request

Often I check RC to prevent vandalism.In fact,I've watched a lot of spam on wikis hosted by miraheze.so I request patroller permmision.Thank you. by Buel ·Talk·Wikimail 08:28, 10 November 2022 (UTC)

@Buel Hi, it's great thing you are volunteering :) But just for the record, patrollers can only patrol Meta, as far as I know, there isn't any Global Patroller usergroup. So patrollers on here can only use the bit on here and not on miraheze-wide. I hope a sysop considers your request asap :) --  Joseph  TB  CT  CA  08:34, 10 November 2022 (UTC)
I think per Joseph you should clarify if you mean for this wiki, in which case your explanation should tailor to Meta, or if you mean globally, in which case this does not exist. Patroller does not help counter spam either way. --Raidarr (talk) 13:20, 10 November 2022 (UTC)
I mean on only meta. by Buel ·Talk·Wikimail 22:37, 10 November 2022 (UTC)
 Done Agent Isai Talk to me! 06:56, 19 November 2022 (UTC)

Quick Inquiry

I’m trying to edit Moisty’s user page to explain what he was and what he did. Takaya Sakaki (talk) 19:15, 15 November 2022 (UTC)

It’s saying I don’t have enough edits. Takaya Sakaki (talk) 19:24, 15 November 2022 (UTC)
I’m trying to edit this in:
This is the user page for Moisty. He was a moderator for Qualitipedia and he had frequent discussions there. He also voted on Requests for Comment here. On September 16th, 2022, Moisty decided to retire from Qualitipedia before it would close two weeks later on October 1st of the same year. Moisty would continue to hold some discussions here before deciding to lock his account indefinitely on October 29th, 2022. His Discord is (supposedly) Moisty#5936.
His current whereabouts and projects are unknown. Takaya Sakaki (talk) 19:25, 15 November 2022 (UTC)
You should ask him before you do it. Editing other's userpages is generally taboo, but under certain circumstances, is done. This leans towards the taboo side, in my opinion. --Blad (talkcontribsglobal) 19:30, 15 November 2022 (UTC)
I can’t get into contact with him and he seems to be forever done with Miraheze. Do you have any way of talking to him? If so, can you ask him if he’s ok with it? Takaya Sakaki (talk) 20:42, 15 November 2022 (UTC)
@Blad Takaya Sakaki (talk) 23:58, 15 November 2022 (UTC)
I have his Discord account, and I may consider getting in touch with him to make sure he's okay with this. --Blad (talkcontribsglobal) 00:54, 16 November 2022 (UTC)
Why do you want to do this and why is it necessary? If he didn't want this on his page himself then I don't see much reason to make it in his stead. I doubt he'd significantly mind but this is still quite irregular. --Raidarr (talk) 01:00, 16 November 2022 (UTC)
@Raidarr I just thought it would be helpful… I saw your user page and I thought it would be useful for Moisty to have the same thing. Takaya Sakaki (talk) 02:46, 16 November 2022 (UTC)
That is an individual choice to make; it depends on individual users to decide what they want on their userspace, I just personally like to 'micromanage' my userpage a bit especially if I expect to leave (initially I did, but I still have some time). When I leave again I'll leave what will be a final update for some time, but that's also something that's up to me and not necessarily something other users can decide for me. Or Moisty, for that matter. --Raidarr (talk) 13:10, 16 November 2022 (UTC)
@Raidarr …. Which is why I need someone to ask if it’s ok. Takaya Sakaki (talk) 14:39, 16 November 2022 (UTC)

Protect request on Template:MediaWiki-0-Stewards' POLYRHYTHM HELL/Anonymous user notice

Can any of the admins protect Template:MediaWiki-0-Stewards' POLYRHYTHM HELL/Anonymous user notice to admins only because LTAs are creating these templates? Silicona (talk) 14:15, 23 November 2022 (UTC)

I'm not sure this is really necessary as the vandal simply creates templates under whatever name he likes and playing this whack-a-mole is extra overhead that comes to little gain. If it is truly a repetitively created page it might be considered. For now a simple delete and purge of the cause (ip/range) should do. --Raidarr (talk) 14:44, 23 November 2022 (UTC)