Global Channel Operators (often referred to as Global ChanOps) are trusted users on IRC who have access to use the Operator tools on all Miraheze channels (that have MirahezeBot), as well as a few other channels. Like Global Sysops on Miraheze, Global ChanOps should only act in their capacity when it is absolutely necessary to prevent disruption on IRC.
Global ChanOps should act in their capacity to prevent disruption to channels on IRC. Some examples include:
- Immediate disruption on a channel where local ChanOps have failed to act
- Situations where a known LTA or troll is present in a channel
- Instances where a channel or multiple channels is under attack from spambots or LTAs
- When they are called upon by Miraheze staff or a local ChanOp to assist with various ChanOp tasks
Global ChanOps should never use their tools to gain an advantage in a dispute or to take over a channel without the permission of a local ChanOp.
Global ChanOp actions are performed using MirahezeBot. Users with Global ChanOp rights are able to perform the following tasks:
- Give or take Ops (mode +/-o) to themselves or any user present in the channel (It is generally frowned upon to do this without the permission of a local ChanOp)
- Kick/Ban any user from a channel
- Give or take Voice (mode +/-v) to themselves or any user present in the channel (Once again this should not be done without permission)
Remember that just because they have these rights does not mean that they should be used in every case
Global ChanOps rights are managed via the MirahezeBots puppet repo. Global ChanOps are appointed by the MirahezeBots Administrators (MacFan4000, RhinosF1, Voidwalker, and Reception123) and are added per request. All Miraheze sysadmins and stewards are entitled to these rights. Permissions may also be granted to trusted users at the discretion of the Administrators and Miraheze staff. To request these rights please contact an Administrator.
A Global ChanOp may have their rights revoked at any time by a MirahezeBots admin following continued abuse or a request from Miraheze staff. If you feel that a Global ChanOp has abused their rights, please contact a MirahezeBots admin via query or email.
গ্লোবাল চ্যানওপিসের তালিকা