Counter Vandalism Team
Miraheze's Counter Vandalism Team is a group of volunteer users dedicated to cleaning up vandalism and preventing it when possible. Anyone may act as part of the CVT as long as they play the part, but the official team currently consists of the global group's members.
A brief summary of the global group permissions would say that they are global sysops, except they have many miscellaneous permissions to assist them.
Note however that they specifically do not have global access to read private wikis, or access any CheckUser or oversight tools.
If you have an issue with a lock/block made by a CVT member, or you need to request one you can email cvtmiraheze.org (which also gets redirected to all Stewards)
CVTs should only act in their CVT capacity if:
- there is vandalism, spam or any type of disruption on the wiki and there are no local sysops or bureaucrats acting
- the global Special:AbuseLog shows attempted spam that hasn't been noticed by local sysops or bureaucrats
- a request to remove spam is made by a member of the local community
In any other case CVTs should not interfere in any wiki in their CVT capacity.
Wikis can opt-out from CVT if they have a clearly established community with active administrators. Meta is currently opted out from CVT.
CVT global group can do, among other things:
- Block other users from editing
- Search deleted pages
- Delete pages
- Edit pages protected as "Allow only administrators"
- Change protection levels and edit cascade-protected pages
- Quickly rollback the edits of the last user who edited a particular page
- Undelete a page
A list of CVT member's actions is located. The page is on the read whitelist and visible to all users.
To be appointed CVT a request needs to be made at Requests for global rights. The community can discuss (support/oppose/abstain/comment) the request. Depending on the results of the request, a Steward may decide to grant, or not to grant CVT to the user in question.