Community portal: Difference between revisions

Add topic
From Miraheze Meta, Miraheze's central coordination wiki
Content added Content deleted
Line 568: Line 568:
::I have updated PortableInfobox here on Miraheze now. [[User:Universal Omega|Universal Omega]] ([[User talk:Universal Omega|talk]]) 04:35, 8 May 2024 (UTC)
::I have updated PortableInfobox here on Miraheze now. [[User:Universal Omega|Universal Omega]] ([[User talk:Universal Omega|talk]]) 04:35, 8 May 2024 (UTC)
:::[[mh:rainverse:Special:Version]] still reports PortableInfobox as on 0.6 (3aaa4fb). - [[User:BlankEclair|BlankEclair]] ([[User talk:BlankEclair|talk]]) 05:39, 8 May 2024 (UTC)
:::[[mh:rainverse:Special:Version]] still reports PortableInfobox as on 0.6 (3aaa4fb). - [[User:BlankEclair|BlankEclair]] ([[User talk:BlankEclair|talk]]) 05:39, 8 May 2024 (UTC)
::::That's because gitinfo isn't always updated. But the extension code is actually updated. If the config is set it will work. [[User:Universal Omega|Universal Omega]] ([[User talk:Universal Omega|talk]]) 05:40, 8 May 2024 (UTC)

Revision as of 05:40, 8 May 2024

Community portal
This noticeboard is community discussions, generally global in nature, or which relate to specific wikis or users. For requests that require Steward or Global Administrator intervention, please use Steward requests. If in doubt, please try here first, and you will be directed there if the matter requires a Steward. For discussion pertaining to Meta only, please visit the Meta Community portal.

On the Community portal, you can:

  • Start a community discussion, typically global in nature or which relates to specific wiki(s).
  • Solicit volunteers' assistance to help maintain or write content for your wiki
  • Ask questions with both the global community and system administrators about either Miraheze or some technical aspect of MediaWiki on your wiki

If you would like to request:

To add your request, type in a concise title in the box below, then click "Add topic".

Archives of Community portal [e]   



Questions

How to elect CheckUsers and Suppressors on local wiki community? --SailRain Talk 02:57, 17 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Please see CheckUser and Suppression.--铁桶 (Talk) 03:01, 17 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Does it require us to elect on the local wiki and then ask the Stewards to grant permission? -- SailRain Talk 05:55, 17 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
As far as I know, yes. Of course, I suggest you wait for an authoritative response from an expert volunteer.--铁桶 (Talk) 07:24, 17 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
There has never been a local CheckUser or Suppressor so far so this is quite new for everyone. Basically what would be needed would be: 80% approval, 20 participating users, a one week period, an NDA signed with WikiTide and at least two CheckUsers/Suppressors. I'd also note that given the sensitive nature of these rights, Stewards reserve the right to refuse or revoke users from these roles if they don't follow the CheckUser and Suppression policies and abuse their rights in any way. Reception123 (talk) (C) 09:48, 17 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
"20 users" on a local wiki seems a lot. Most wikis have less than 10 monthly active users, which isn't enough. How many monthly active users are required for checkuser and suppressor rights? Silicona (talk) 09:19, 28 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

A important question (about Wikitide and Miraheze)

Today, I accidentally found time to check my Wiki portal and found that the Wiki was gone! (Show Wiki not Found) (My Wiki: Unreal_Neo WikiTide)

Then I want to Meta feedback, the result is also said "Wiki Not Found" this sixth sense tells me that the Wiki on Wikitide does not exist! ? All pages are redirected to Miraheze. What's going on?

Note: I have since seen a lot of things going on between Wikitide and Miraheze, I still don't understand what happened, can anyone give a short summary of what happened during this time! ?

Also, does my Wiki data on Wikitide still exist?! ?

Extra note: I haven't had time to look at my Wiki for a while and was not aware of these things, but when I came back today to find that my Wiki doesn't exist, I was shocked and annoyed that I thought my Wiki had violated some portal rule that led to its deletion.. My Wiki in Miraheze: [1] is still exists, but the data is archived before migrating to Wikitide...

The work is already very tired, come back to meet this kind of thing, to tell the truth quite speechless and quite upset..) Sucrose Fans Rosalina129 12:36, 18 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

The Migration has been announced well in advance. But still, I understand how upsetting it can be to see your wiki gone, not being aware of the move back to Miraheze.
The migration has been announced on all wiki's. But do not be afraid. As far as I understand, all that was not migrated is saved. Perhaps @Agent Isai can find your wiki for you. I will message him also on Discord.  Kind regards,   Rodejong   💬 Talk ✉️ Email  📝 Edits   Auth →  13:32, 18 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Thanks for the information, I would be relieved if the Wiki data were still available. Sucrose Fans Rosalina129 02:06, 19 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hi there. Apologies for the inconvenience. WikiTide Foundation acquired Miraheze in January and decided to use Miraheze as a "base" instead of the newer WikiTide platform as it was bigger. You should have received three emails: 1 in January announcing the news and migration, 1 in February as a reminder, and 1 a few weeks ago as a final reminder. This was sent to all wiki bureaucrats (so long as they had a verified email).
We can migrate your wiki. Is it okay to overwrite the old version? Do you want to keep your WikiTide URL? Agent Isai Talk to me! 13:36, 18 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I see. So Wikitide has actually taken over Miraheze?
But I didn't get the email that you sent, and I didn't find any mail in the junk mail...
But the data on Wikitide still exists, right? Well, that's a relief. What I do with the Wiki's follow-up (please the administrator!) :
Migrate the existing Unreal_Neo Studios Wiki in Miraheze. (The old archive version of Miraheze is overwritten by the Wiki of the same name on Wikitide.)
I then create a request on the Phorge page: a correction request with a custom domain name. (wiki.colleimadcat.com --> unrealneo.miraheze.org) Sucrose Fans Rosalina129 02:04, 19 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
We can still migrate your wiki if you send in a request per email to sre@miraheze.org, and be sure to say weather you want to keep the WikiTide url. They will then attend to this as soon as possible.  Kind regards,   Rodejong   💬 Talk ✉️ Email  📝 Edits   Auth →  05:13, 19 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hi there, I have sent the email address you provided according to your requirements, please have a look. Trainee Forest Ranger Collei, reporting for duty! :D (Rosalina129) 18:44, 23 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
SRE will look at it as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.  Kind regards,   Rodejong   💬 Talk ✉️ Email  📝 Edits   Auth →  20:28, 23 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Lol, I like how the Meta regulars will think of me instead of the Genshin character. コレイ (talk) (contributions) 22:03, 23 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
To be fair, I'm not sure how much overlap there is between our volunteer/user base and Genshin Impact players :p ╚pixDeVl╝ (Talk Contributions CentralAuth) 02:34, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
In fact, to be honest, if you think something related to Genshin Impact is affecting here, I can choose to change it (just like the character and write the character's entrance voice signature, nothing else). (σ(゚・゚*)um…) Trainee Forest Ranger Collei, reporting for duty! :D (Rosalina129) 17:19, 28 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
If you want more information on the merger, we have the WikiTide Foundation/Merger FAQ page that includes the core details. Sorry for the trouble. ╚pixDeVl╝ (Talk Contributions CentralAuth) 14:39, 18 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Opinion

What do you guys think about pooh's adventures wiki? Iron Sword 23 (talk) 23:35, 20 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

I think it would be nice if somebody told us where to find it... --Robkelk (talk) 11:36, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Background and Light Text 2

Following https://meta.miraheze.org/wiki/Community_portal/Archive_42#Dark_Background_and_Light_Text

Thanks for the explanation, Legroom and I apologize for responding late :

I don't think I'm using one of the two possibilities to have a "Dark Background and Light Text", but a third, and as I'm using a French version and not an English one, I put you in French translated into English:

In Spécial:Préférences#mw-prefsection-rendering, I use Apparence (Appearance) > Habillage (Skin) > Monobook

At top of the page appears : français MarceldeParis Alerte_(0) Notification_(0) Discussion Mode_par_défaut Préférences Bêta Liste_de_suivi Contributions Se_déconnecter

When we click on Mode_par_défaut (Default_Mode), the background becomes black (with the drawing of a small sun) and if we click again, the background becomes white (with the drawing of a small moon).

Anyway, it works perfectly fine for me, I don't need to add another extension to my browser to change from white to black. MarceldeParis (talk) 04:28, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Update on rebranding

Hi all,

As an update/clarification on rebranding, we are writing to let you know that the Board of Directors is paying attention to both the Request for Feedback we initiated, as well as arguments raised for and against the rebrand on the community-initiated Request for Comment. We take this feedback seriously, and thank everyone for the spirited debate so far.

Internally, we have been extensively debating what we want our next steps to be based on the feedback we received. While we may differ internally on opinion, as volunteers, our first and primary goal is doing what is best for the project and that has not changed since initiation of this process.

Having heard from both volunteers and community members that our plans for the future need to be reconsidered, we are pausing on any further immediate rebranding actions and pledge to communicate our intentions before we make any further changes. We thank all participants for bearing with us over the tumultuous last few weeks, and we look forward to continuing to operate a stable wiki hosting platform.

For the Board of Directors, Harej (Miraheze) (talk) 14:05, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Thank you for listening to our concerns and suspending any renaming plans indefinitely. This whole mess could have been avoided if the Board had just done this before even making a decision on renaming, as has been brought up many times during relevant discussion. Tali64³ (talk | contributions) 14:22, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Yeah this whole mess of unneeded drama didn't need to happen in the first place. 339Breakingoof (talk) 14:30, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
What? The mess wasn't the renaming or the RfC about it by Collei, it was the absolutely insane behavior from all of you on Discord (and the framing afterwards by m3w that what you did was "holding someone (Agent) accountable" that led to me leaving the Discord in complete disgust). That coupled with the moderators' complete inaction in reigning in the situation (being moderator is more than just banning bots) is what led to the drama, not the rename or the opposition to it. OrangeStar (talk) 16:00, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
The community was unhappy because their opinion was being ignored by the Board ([2], "We agreed to move forward a couple weeks ago", "It really wasn't looking for votes or community agreement", [3], "Community consensus is important, but it's more important for us to plan to grow for the future"). You could argue that Labster is only one Board member, but it's easy to see why the community would take Labster's word for it when every other Board member ignores Labster's statements - not something you'd expect if the rest of the Board doesn't agree with Labster's statements, especially when other Board members were willing to clarify that Labster demoting Brandon wasn't a Board action despite Labster insisting it was.
Our behavior was not "insane". m3w is a random person I had never seen until recently and they do not represent anyone in the community. That being said, I do not believe anyone was harassing or bullying Agent, nor were they "holding him accountable", he had never even been involved in the discussion.
I acknowledge that some people said unacceptable things, but I believe most conversations were civil and in compliance with policy. It is not reasonable to blame the community for being unhappy with the Board's actions. Most people on Discord were completely civil. I acknowledge that some people went too far and I do not agree with m3w's statement. You have not really specified any time where the community members behaved inappropriately on Discord. The reaction was rather reasonable. コレイ (talk) (contributions) 17:53, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I echo the comments of Tali64 above. Thank you for eventually doing the right thing, but the whole situation could've been avoided if you had listened from the beginning. Globe - (TalkContributionsCA) 14:36, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
What a pity. Agent Isai Talk to me! 15:29, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I'm not sure if you read this Isai, but I do apologise for the way I reacted the last week. My Wikipedia background has indeed taught me bad debating habits. No but's. Just sincerely sad and sorry to see you leave, due to my bad behaviour.  Kind regards,   Rodejong   💬 Talk ✉️ Email  📝 Edits   Auth →  19:27, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

A clarifying statement

I would like you to know that we are taking your opinions seriously. We have collectively decided to reconsider our efforts to rebrand Miraheze to WikiTide, and will not be going through with our plans.
I understand that you feel like you weren't being heard, but in fact we have been listening — just not replying. The announcement was ill-timed, to say the least, because most of our board members were occupied and not able to respond immediately. I was as MWcon, meeting my coworkers for the first time in person; Harej was the organizer for the conference and even busier than myself. NotAracham just started a new job. So while we should have been there to answer questions from the start, instead we left you wondering what my announcement really meant. I apologize, and promise that next time we have a different major program to announce, we'll be there to take questions from the community.
This need for haste was a major flaw, and a red flag that I should have done more about. From the beginning, I have been concerned about the speed with which we were trying to implement a rebrand, without taking the community's opinion into account. After requesting an RFC, Agent eventually relented and suggested that I open an RFF instead. As a result, I became the public face of the rebrand, while trying to remain skeptical myself.
We are saddened to say that our President, known as Agent Isai, has withdrawn fully from Miraheze and the WikiTide Foundation. We wish them the best of luck on his future endeavours, where ever they may lead. While not leaving a resignation statement, there are two issues that I believe led to Agent's unplanned departure: first, the failure of his plans for the rebrand to come to fruition; and second, the manner in which members of the community treated him when he believed he was doing the right thing. In short: acute burnout.
That was another fault line exposed in the recent uproar over rebranding: the existence of a toxic community, particularly on Discord, that led several people to withdraw from participating. As Rodejong said, we should be concentrating on our issues rather than dealing with a rebrand, and I believe that this is a major issue we need to face in the near future. Everyone should feel comfortable participating in Miraheze spaces, even if they take an unpopular position. We need stronger moderation to manage the harassment and bullying endemic to our community.
I'm looking forward to listening to, working with, and building a stronger community with you all in the future,
Brent Laabs
Chair and Acting President, WikiTide Foundation/Miraheze Labster (talk) 09:37, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Thank you for this clarification.  Kind regards,   Rodejong   💬 Talk ✉️ Email  📝 Edits   Auth →  10:54, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Thank you very much for this clarification and understanding. I will also try to work better to avoid toxic behavior as mentioned here. コレイ (talk) (contributions) 18:27, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Imagine all users are checkusers

I am curious to see if all users, including IPs, have checkuser rights. That would be interesting! Silicona (talk) 16:20, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Cool idea but after reading the rights of it is easy to abuse as someone will abuse it to use IP grappling and going to their location which is why its only trusted to trusted users as IPs aren't free-market to give out. 339Breakingoof (talk) 16:22, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
That would be a serious breach of privacy; no wiki owner in their right mind would do such a thing. Tali64³ (talk | contributions) 16:24, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
My main point being IPs aren't free-market to give out like its candy seriously do you know how much damage this can cause to the whole internet. This check user role being given to all is like a field day for hackers that just want to steal info. 339Breakingoof (talk) 16:27, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
lmao --Zeus, aka Blad (tcg) 16:46, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@339Breakingoof @Tali64³ @Zeus: The hypothetical scanerio, on a parallel universe, 4.8 x 10187 lightyears away from Earth, shows @Reception123 added checkuser rights to all users and IPs in Miraheze, at 2:51 p.m. today. This could be due to malware injected by a global interface editor. So I supported the use of 2FA in the RfC. What do y'all think? Silicona (talk) 18:47, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I think it's a little late for april fools tbh --raidarr (💬) 19:12, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@Raidarr even if it was an joke this role isn't free candy if everyone had this role from the get-go people like hackers would have a field day with the role by using it for bad purposes and selling info off the dark web. 339Breakingoof (talk) 19:38, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Your 24 days late for that besides even for an April fools joke this is just giving away a very important trusted power which is check user that shouldn't be given out to any random users. 339Breakingoof (talk) 19:36, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@339Breakingoof The scanerio happened in a parallel universe, 10187 lightyears. I'll send a 2.4125 GHz wave to @Reception123 from parallel universe, but it takes ages (10187 years) to receive. Silicona (talk) 20:09, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Parallel universe or not my answer is check user should never be given to users under any circumstance at all keep that power to trusted users not the common editors. 339Breakingoof (talk) 20:17, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I sometime wonder if you are serious or playing jokes everyday. I just can't read you. This would never be approved as it is totally illegal by privacy laws in various countries.  Kind regards,   Rodejong   💬 Talk ✉️ Email  📝 Edits   Auth →  19:13, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I am rather sure that it's a joke コレイ (talk) (contributions) 21:33, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

When does the community portal get archived?

I am making this because the current version is almost 200k bites long which is very long to read through. 339Breakingoof (talk) 16:46, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Posts which haven't been replied in over 14 days get archived. Silicona (talk) 16:54, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Ideally it is done by bots, in practice it hasn't really happened in a bit: unless someone savvy with archiving acts first, I will put manual archiving (both here and for the SR) on my later today checklist. For anyone else interested and as Silicona notes: this consists of moving topics which have not had a reply in 14 days or more to archive.--raidarr (💬) 16:55, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
OK then The request for feedback on the renaming stuff should not be commented on and should be archived as it took so much bite space but I don't how this works so I am going to not reply any more unless I need to. 339Breakingoof (talk) 19:52, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
The request for feedback still needs discussion, I don't think it should be archived. コレイ (talk) (contributions) 21:34, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@Collei can you please explain why RFF:RMTW needs more discussion? To me this whole community portal is getting too long from what I am seeing from the bites amount . 339Breakingoof (talk) 23:09, 24 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Discussions come and go as needed; if there's still relevant topics, they'll be brought up and potentially replied to, --Zeus, aka Blad (tcg) 01:07, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Still too long for the bites amount. 339Breakingoof (talk) 01:08, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

PortableInfobox Builder Not Working

Tried several different browsers (Chrome, FireFox, even Internet Explorer) to build a PortableInfobox Template. The builder doesn't load. Additionally, previous infoboxes aren't functioning even after I ticked the extension box to support PortableInfobox on my wiki. Not sure what's going on or how to resolve this. The STOPX Team (talk) 00:58, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Builder usually works on Chrome, you've been refreshing the page too? As for existing infoboxes after import you need to kick wiki's cache, either by purging it (there's a Purge button in More drop-down, or somewhere in toolbar, depending on skin; alternatively - add ?action=purge in page's URL) or making a small edit to template, such removing a line or space break. If none of that works, please link your wiki. Legroom (talk) 04:22, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hi there. Thanks so much for your response. I have been refreshing the page. I've also tried Chrome on a different computer, the problem seems to be universal. Here's the link to the STOP DeluXe Wiki. https://stopx.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Request for Feedback: Split Community portal into Village pump, Help desk and The Teahouse

As @339Breakingoof pointed out, Community portal is around 200 kB long as of the time of writing. It is very large, so it is slower to load.

I would like to spilt Community portal into:

  • Village pump - discuss about policies, ideas and proposals.
  • Help desk - ask questions about how to use or edit Miraheze wikis.
  • The Teahouse - friendly help for newcomers.

These all exist on English Wikipedia, see wikipedia:Wikipedia:Community portal.

But I would like some feedback before creating an RfC if appropriate.

This is not a vote, please do not use voting templates and instead voice your opinions in subheadings. If necessary, use the following format
{{tl|support/oppose/abstain}}

Silicona (talk) 08:57, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Now this is a bright idea, at least in renaming support venue into "(Miraheze) Help Desk", and not to mention, we still have two "community portals", which still look confusing. Legroom (talk) 10:06, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I agree this is actually a decent idea(although I'm not sure what you mean by 2 community portals). Silicona's trigger happiness with RfCs is still a bit concerning but oh well, the [https://meta.orain.org/wiki/Top_5_Wiki_Ships_of_Spring_2024%21
unwritten 6th wiki ship of 2024] be Silicona and RfCs. True love never dies. This is an interesting idea I would like to hear the community's thoughts on though I'm not opposed to changing the name village pump and maybe Tea House. Maybe to something bee themed. ╚pixDeVl╝ (Talk Contributions CentralAuth) 10:24, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Look at sidebar - there's this page, Community portal (formerly Community noticeboard, changed after WikiTide merge), and then Meta community portal (which is probably where this RfF should have been posted, but it's okay if it ended up here). Also I thought teahouse would work better as a place where neither help/support, nor important global Miraheze or Meta matters are discussed, more like everything else related to Miraheze or its wikis. Newcommers will still gravitate to Help desk if they need help, also Wikipedia has content and thus place for content help, while Miraheze Meta, farm's central hub, is closer to Wikimedia Meta. Legroom (talk) 10:41, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
This is indeed an idea I can stand behind. So I would support this.  Kind regards,   Rodejong   💬 Talk ✉️ Email  📝 Edits   Auth →  10:44, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
IMO Help desk and Teahouse should be unified into Help desk. --Waki285(talk|contrib|log|CA|Target) 11:13, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
So on one hand I agree the current setup is a little messy and a name should change, on the other hand I'm not convinced to split everything too far. True, the page has been very busy lately, but I believe as of late it has been exceptional and exacerbated by lack of archiving which I will start looking into shortly at least manually. Someone with a bit extra time and motivation could take a peek at automated archiving which would be very useful.
However while we're on this thought let me present another idea; help desk is what's described (complete with status indicators), village pump is policy, ideas, the rest of the page basically including the fact it can request feedback for unrelated wikis and such, that's in scope too. However also merge the meta community portal in so there is one less extra venue to run around in. Over on the MCP there are probably no discussions at a given time and the only one that's still there, is there because it's been stalled for action.
This is what I believe would make a nice compromise both considering the global community of Miraheze and the use of these noticeboards. I preach care not to emulate Wikipedia too far. After all, we're not Wikipedia and all that... --raidarr (💬) 11:53, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
How are people new to wiki's, with short attention span, going to be able comprehend the difference between Village pump, Help desk and The Teahouse, only the Help desk name speaks for itself. It's already confusing to know where to ask for assistance between Community noticeboard, Miraheze Stewards' noticeboard, Phabricator aka Issue tracker, Request features and Discord/IRC. --Rob Kam (talk) 13:25, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Help desk, at least as rename, gets my primary support, but I do agree the other two terms aren't striking, took me a bit with village pump especially (non-native English speaker here). Legroom (talk) 13:54, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
As an (effectively) native English speaker, don't worry it doesn't make much sense for me either, although I was already familiar with the name from enwiki's I would likely be just as confused if I hadn't been. ╚pixDeVl╝ (Talk Contributions CentralAuth) 14:43, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Per feedback, I will create a RfC about community portal. Silicona (talk) 14:34, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
This is not adequate feedback to initiate an RFC and hope for clarity or strong odds of success; the details are still very contentious. Please do not take mixed engagement as a sign to go all in. --raidarr (💬) 14:37, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Interesting, I do quite like the idea of a dedicated Help Desk section, however there are many issues I have with the other suggested sections. I don't really see a point in having The Teahouse, it just seems like a slight variation of the Help Desk with little reason to do such. And as for the Village Pump, I find the name to be super unclear for what it is supposed to do, and I personally think that said content is able to fit well into the current Community Portal. IPutMyPCInTheFridge (talk) 19:16, 25 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

April 26 letter to the Board of Directors

Dear members of the Board of Directors,

We hope this letter finds you well. As concerned members of our organization, we wish to express our collective concerns regarding recent unilateral decisions that have been made without consulting or considering the opinions of the broader community.

The strength of Miraheze lies in its diverse and inclusive community, comprised of individuals who are deeply invested in its success and growth. It is essential that decisions made by the board reflect the needs, values, and aspirations of this community. Unfortunately, recent actions have caused significant discord and disillusionment among community members, especially after recent events and the unfortunate resignation of Agent Isai.

We do understand that board members are entrusted with the responsibility of making decisions in the best interest of the WikiTide Foundation. However, it is imperative that such decisions are made transparently, collaboratively, and with the input of those who will be affected by them. Unilateral actions not only undermine trust and cohesion within the community but also risk alienating key volunteers and donors whose support is vital for the foundation's continued success. We were pleased to receive the statement from the Board acknowledging it's wrong approach and has identified key problems that we agree upon.

We acknowledge that our community has its own unique culture and dynamics, and - looking inward - we recognize that there are existing issues that require our collective attention and effort to resolve. By fostering a culture of open communication, mutual respect, and inclusivity, we can work together to address these challenges and build a stronger, more cohesive community.

Moving forward, we urge the board to reaffirm its commitment to transparency, accountability, and inclusivity. We encourage open dialogue and constructive engagement with the community to ensure that decisions reflect a collective understanding of our shared goals and values. We also advice the board to only announce major and contentious decisions when you have the time to respond to concerns going forward.

We believe that by working together collaboratively and transparently, we can overcome challenges, achieve our objectives, and strengthen our position in the landscape of wiki farms.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. We look forward to your response and to working together towards a positive and inclusive future for Miraheze and the WikiTide Foundation overall.

Sincerely,


  1.  Kind regards,   Rodejong   💬 Talk ✉️ Email  📝 Edits   Auth →  15:54, 26 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  2. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (on) 15:56, 26 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  3. BrandonWM (talkcontributionsglobalrights) 15:57, 26 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  4. Tali64³ (talk | contributions) 15:59, 26 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  5. Redmin Contributions CentralAuth (talk) 16:38, 26 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
  6. コレイ (talk) (contributions) 03:56, 29 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Global captcha exempt

I saw the Global Rollbacker discussion above and thought it would be good to have a Global Captcha Exempt group. This group is supposed to have skipcaptcha and autoconfirmed.

Upsides:

  1. Global trusted users will be able to skip CAPTCHAs on all wikis, quickly revert vandalism, etc.
  2. It would help those who cannot resolve CAPTCHAs from an accessibility standpoint.

Downsides:

  1. +1 hats.

Let me know if you have any opinions. Waki285(talk|contrib|log|CA|Target) 02:31, 27 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Logically, this resembles something more like global ip block exempt except with a larger niche. It wouldn't explicitly carry duties and it would probably not fuss about inactivity, in so many words a global confirmed of sorts. That to me is not really a hat and therefore that's not a downside in my book. Only 'problem' might be the volume of people eligible to request adding more paperwork. At least, this could be an assignment to delegate to Global Sysops. I'm interested. --raidarr (💬) 08:37, 27 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Autopromotion seems a good idea, like local autoconfirmed. 50-100 global edits on at least 4 wikis and 7-14 days activity to autopromote? Silicona (talk) 09:13, 27 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
It seems to me that there was no autopromote in the global group. So it is technically impossible. Waki285(talk|contrib|log|CA|Target) 11:00, 27 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I am wondering if a bot can be used to autopromote (automatically add group) users that meet the requirements. Silicona (talk) 11:21, 27 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
If it were technically possible or impossible, it would be possible, but it would give the bot dangerous permission to manage all group members, called globalgroupmembership. Also, if the script were to retrieve the user's information the moment an edit was made on any of the global wikis, it might put a tremendous load on Miraheze. Waki285(talk|contrib|log|CA|Target) 11:27, 27 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I have an idea: check every user if they meet the requirements every 6 hours and add group to those that meet the requirements. 6 hours is long enough to keep Miraheze under load. Silicona (talk) 21:12, 27 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
An inquiry to every single user on every single wiki every 6 hours sounds like an incredible volume of lag spikes. From a technical standpoint this sounds dead before arrival and any immediate apparent variations, the same. I defer to the opinion of SRE or someone similarly qualified if they believe otherwise. --raidarr (💬) 21:30, 27 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I have long suggested a global captcha exempt global group. Global Sysops granting it might be an interesting idea, but I don't believe this is technically possible, without requiring them to have a signed NDA because to do so, they would be able to grant access to any global group. I don't see any problem with Stewards granting it. Wikimedia grants it fairly liberally, if users present a clear reason for needing it (visual impairment, reverting cross-wiki vandalism, etc., all being valid needs). Doug (talk) 00:36, 28 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Recommended approach to have different pages visible/editable to different users?

Let's say I have I wanted to create two different levels of users: RegularUsers and TrustedUsers Then, I wanted to have only some pages visible to the RegularUsers. But the TrustedUsers would see all the pages the RegularUsers could, plus other pages declared visible to TrustedUsers.

How would I do this, without making Trusted users Bureaucrats or other another established user group, that have further powers beyond viewing and perhaps editing?

Separately, If wanted to different levels of editor, such as RegularEditors & TrustedEditors.

But that didn't line up perfectly with the visibility user groups, would that be possible? For example, a page that RegularUsers could view, but only TrustedEditors could edit.

Is this possible? If so, how would I go about this?

Thanks ArsenalFan (talk) 20:58, 27 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

In ManageWiki remove edit rights from users and *, and add edit rights to admins. Silicona (talk) 21:05, 27 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Special:ManageWiki/permissions allows you to create custom user groups; simply assign the read right to any groups you want the entire wiki to be visible to, and configure the $wgWhitelistRead setting in Special:ManageWiki/settings appropriately to allow selected pages to be visible to everyone. Tali64³ (talk | contributions) 21:18, 27 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

DataDump fails with a JobQueueConnectionError

Maybe I'm just trying this too close to maintenance, but trying to export an XML dump for all namespaces on rainverse.wiki yields this error:

[b58499bee31d8eb17a9ae350] 2024-04-28 04:57:15: Fatal exception of type "JobQueueConnectionError"

 BlankEclair (talk) 04:59, 28 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Yeah, that was it. It now works after the downtime. BlankEclair (talk) 07:18, 28 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Request for feedback: Please strengthen SRE/operations/system administrators

There are people here who understand the issues and personnel/volunteers better and could articulate this far better than I can. It seems to me that, although Miraheze has now improved its server infrastructure and so on, its weakest point is now the overworked and limited number of system reliability engineers, system administrators or whatever the senior technical people are called. Those volunteers who keep the infrastructure running and secure, who are at the level to approve pull requests on Phabricator. Please Miraheze address this issue as a matter of urgency. I have barely any suggestions how this might be done, with the current budget a paid full time senior tech might not be feasible or perhaps delegate more in order to clear less complex issues e.g. everyday wiki editing and styling. --Rob Kam (talk) 13:08, 28 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

We (a group of mixed volunteers) have actually been discussing this, like what viable options would there be, and how this best could be achieved to lessen the stress on these high skilled volunteers. Thank you for your concern, as we share that same line of thought. I hope this gives some peace of mind.  Kind regards,   Rodejong   💬 Talk ✉️ Email  📝 Edits   Auth →  13:13, 28 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Thanks, I am glad to hear it's under discussion. I would very much like to see this getting sorted out. --Rob Kam (talk) 14:09, 28 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
So do we. Really, So do we.  Kind regards,   Rodejong   💬 Talk ✉️ Email  📝 Edits   Auth →  14:10, 28 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
This is at the forefront of many people's minds; indeed, while it's become more prominent recently, this has been a deep concern for some time with even the best of agent + ca straddling the line of burnout. For the time being short of getting more people aboard the main team or new designs from tech-adjacent users, the best that can be done is trying to reduce their workload/stress and if any token skills can be offered that would relieve the pressure or deal with simpler matters (such PR work which a few users have gotten into), by all means. The rest is ongoing discussion... --raidarr (💬) 20:52, 28 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Basically what Raidarr said, with infrastructure volunteers so few and far between, the most effective thing we who don't have the knowledge to serve as SRE can do is tackle low barrier tasks to free up time for the big guys, such as user config requests. For people reading who think they may be curious about doing such, I have a WIP guide at User:PixDeVl/TC 101, and actively encourage you to reach out to me with any and all questions or curiosities, I welcome it :) ╚PixDeVl╝ (Talk Contributions CentralAuth) 02:42, 29 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Can't log into Nintendo Wiki

I tried to log into Nintendo Wiki but failed because of session hijacking. Can you help me with these issues? Silicona (talk) 13:38, 28 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Clearing cookies will fix the issue.
--- Imamy (talk) 17:28, 28 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I tried to log into Nintendo Wiki on another device but it failed. Silicona (talk) 17:57, 28 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Can you try in logging in with a private browser window? Let us know the result. Labster (talk)
I tried to log in with private mode and it is successful. Silicona (talk) 06:53, 29 April 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

How to change the logo?

How does one change the logo on one's personal wiki? The instructions are unclear, as when I drop a file into my browser, it does not provide an https link, rather a generic file:///C:/ link. How should I change this, or just change the logo in a different way. Blurby-Sir (talk) 01:23, 2 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Logo's are put in the Manage Wiki Settings: go to [yourwiki.miraheze.org/wiki/Special:ManageWiki/settings#mw-section-styling] (replace yourwiki with your subdomain) and add the logo to the field stating: Logo ($wgLogo)  Kind regards,   Rodejong   💬 Talk ✉️ Email  📝 Edits   Auth →  10:00, 2 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Trouble with CSS on templates

The CSS of some of my templates aren't working properly for some reason:

For reference here are the wikipedia versions of the same template:

Is there some way to fix it? Philimania and Sovaland (talk) 09:21, 3 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

@Jph2: has the same problems with [Template:Bar_box] and [Template:Pie_chart].
[Template:Multiple_image] is a whole different problem. You have a Lua error there. It refers to line 107 of Module:Lua_banner which is about "currentProt" Current Protection. I believe that has to do with protecting the Main page. So try Protecting the Main page.  Kind regards,   Rodejong   💬 Talk ✉️ Email  📝 Edits   Auth →  10:16, 3 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
We're not sure what the problem with [Template:Bar_box] and [Template:Pie_chart] is. We're still figuring this out. It could be something with updating the MediaWiki software, but we'll keep you updated.  Kind regards,   Rodejong   💬 Talk ✉️ Email  📝 Edits   Auth →  10:22, 3 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Thanks to Xena on Discord, the solution for Bar box and Pie chart is to add <templatestyles src="Multiple image/styles.css" /> to the top of those templates after <includeonly>.
Your MediaWiki:Common.css needs to have the following added to fix Multiple image (besides the issues User:Rodejong pointed out). Ro is also the source of this fix.
.floatright {
    margin: 0 0 0.5em 0.5em;
    clear: right;
    float: right;
}
.floatleft {
    margin: 0 0.5em 0.5em 0;
    float: left;
    clear: left;
}

Jph2 (talk) 14:06, 3 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Custom MediaWiki CSS

Is there something special or different I have to do to use MediaWiki:Common.css on Miraheze? I tried several basic codes, but none worked (yes, I cleared my browser cache).
Here are some that I have tried that did nothing:

.p-banner .mw-wiki-title {
    padding-right: 10px;
}

.wt-notice .wt-notice--cn {
    display: none;
}

.mw-header-container {
	margin: 7px;
}

Am I not being specific enough? DigitalKandra/DK - Talk | Email | Contributions 19:54, 3 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Your CSS rules are most likely being overridden by defaults given more importance; you should use Inspect Element to get the specific rules you need to modify in order to have your styles apply (using the !important flag may also technically work, but it's not recommended for a variety of reasons, most notably the fact that it sets all the sub-properties in a shorthand as important). Tali64³ (talk | contributions) 20:05, 3 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wiki

I've created Ryan's Adventures wiki on fandom. Who wants to contribute to it? Iron Sword 23 (talk) 21:54, 3 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

This is Miraheze. It is frowned upon to promote your wiki on another host. It's like saying: Hey I have baked delicious cakes in that Bakery, all the while being at another bakery. You just don't do that. The same goes for our Discord server. - Just please: Don't!  Kind regards,   Rodejong   💬 Talk ✉️ Email  📝 Edits   Auth →  08:19, 4 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Two questions

Can I change my username on specific wiki and can I add a community portal to a wiki? Mahdir211 (talk) 23:55, 3 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

  1. No. User accounts are shared across all Miraheze wikis; usernames can only be changed globally via Special:GlobalRenameRequest.
  2. Doing so is as simple as creating a page under the title Project:Community portal or similar.
Tali64³ (talk | contributions) 00:03, 4 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Something you can do is change your signature in Special:Preferences, giving you a distinct name/styling on a per-wiki basis. Great for messaging like this though not useful if something like StructuredDiscussions or a comment extension is in use. It is possible to adjust styling/display for names using wiki CSS if you have interface access, which would apply in edit history, recent changes, the aforementioned extensions, etc. --raidarr (💬) 00:12, 4 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Does Miraheze have mobile CSS/JS

Does Miraheze support MediaWiki CSS/JS customizations for mobile views? DigitalKandra/DK - Talk | Email | Contributions 03:14, 4 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Yes; add mw.loader.using("mobile.site.styles"); to MediaWiki:Common.js and style Common.css however you want. Tali64³ (talk | contributions) 03:27, 4 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@Tali64³: so how would I incorporate that into a style? DigitalKandra/DK - Talk | Email | Contributions 03:58, 4 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
If you are using MinervaNeue as your mobile skin, you can also simply use MediaWiki:Minerva.css. Waki285(talk|contrib|log|CA|Target) 06:19, 4 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Assuming your wiki uses MobileFrontend extension (enabled by default), which adds mobile/desktop buttons at the bottom, you need to modify MediaWiki:Mobile.css and MediaWiki:Mobile.js pages. Alternatively, you can disable MobileFrontend and set up some mobile adaptive skin as the main/default one, such as Timeless or Cosmos, so the stylinhg from MediaWiki:Common.css and/or skin specific, like MediaWiki:Timeless.css, will work on both big and small screens (same with JS). Legroom (talk) 09:39, 4 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

JS from another MediaWiki project to Miraheze-usable

Is there anyone here who could help me debug why a script that works on Fandom doesn't work here and help me convert it? It doesn't have any dependencies on anything from Fandom so I don't think it will be that difficult, but I do need some help.

The code is the following:

mw.loader.using(['mediawiki.api', 'mediawiki.util']).then(function () {
    if (window.StellaLoaded) {
        return;
    }
    window.StellaLoaded = true;
    var list = {
        pages: [
            { name: 'BrokenRedirects', msg: 'brokenredirects' },
            { name: 'Deadendpages', msg: 'deadendpages' },
            { name: 'DoubleRedirects', msg: 'doubleredirects' },
            { name: 'Withoutinterwiki', msg: 'withoutinterwiki' },
            { name: 'Uncategorizedcategories', msg: 'uncategorizedcategories' },
            { name: 'Uncategorizedimages', msg: 'uncategorizedimages' },
            { name: 'Uncategorizedpages', msg: 'uncategorizedpages' },
            { name: 'Uncategorizedtemplates', msg: 'uncategorizedtemplates' },
            { name: 'UnorganizedTemplates', msg: 'unorganizedtemplates' },
            { name: 'Unusedcategories', msg: 'unusedcategories' },
            { name: 'Unusedimages', msg: 'unusedimages' },
            { name: 'Unusedtemplates', msg: 'unusedtemplates' },
            { name: 'Wantedcategories', msg: 'wantedcategories' },
            { name: 'Wantedfiles', msg: 'wantedfiles' },
            { name: 'Wantedpages', msg: 'wantedpages' },
            { name: 'Wantedtemplates', msg: 'wantedtemplates' }
        ],
        categories: [
            { name: 'index-category', msg: 'index', isI18nJSMsg: true },
            { name: 'noindex-category', msg: 'noindex', isI18nJSMsg: true },
            { name: 'duplicate-args-category', msg: 'dupe-args', isI18nJSMsg: true },
            { name: 'expensive-parserfunction-category', msg: 'expensive-parserfunction', isI18nJSMsg: true },
            { name: 'post-expand-template-argument-category', msg: 'omitted-template-args', isI18nJSMsg: true },
            { name: 'post-expand-template-inclusion-category', msg: 'template-include-size', isI18nJSMsg: true },
            { name: 'broken-file-category', msg: 'broken-file-links', isI18nJSMsg: true },
            { name: 'node-count-exceeded-category', msg: 'node-count', isI18nJSMsg: true },
            { name: 'expansion-depth-exceeded-category', msg: 'expansion-depth', isI18nJSMsg: true },
            { name: 'restricted-displaytitle-ignored', msg: 'ignored-display-titles', isI18nJSMsg: true },
            { name: 'template-loop-category', msg: 'template-loop', isI18nJSMsg: true },
            { name: 'cite-tracking-category-cite-error', msg: 'ref-errors', isI18nJSMsg: true },
            { name: 'math-tracking-category-error', msg: 'math-errors', isI18nJSMsg: true },
            { name: 'math-tracking-category-render-error', msg: 'math-render-errors', isI18nJSMsg: true },
            { name: 'scribunto-common-error-category', msg: 'script-errors', isI18nJSMsg: true },
            { name: 'scribunto-module-with-errors-category', msg:'scribunto-module-with-errors', isI18nJSMsg: true },
            { name: 'syntaxhighlight-error-category', msg: 'syntax-highlight-errors', isI18nJSMsg: true }
        ]
    };

    function mergeByName (arr) {
        var titles = arr.flat(Infinity).map(function(item) {
            return item.title;
        });
        return Array.from(new Set(titles));
    }

    //From https://dev.fandom.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Q.js
    function query (params, cb, resolve) {
        return new Promise(function (res) {
            return new mw.Api().get(params).then(function (data) {
                cb(data);

                if (data.continue) {
                    query(
                        Object.assign(
                            {},
                            params,
                            data.continue
                        ),
                        cb,
                        resolve || res
                    );
                } else {
                    resolve();
                }
            });
        });
    }

    function generateCard (fullpagename, title, count, isActive, isSpecialPage) {
        $('<a>', {
            'class': 'card' + (isActive ? ' active' : ''),
            href: mw.util.getUrl(fullpagename),
            append: [
                $('<span>', {
                    'class': 'card-title',
                    text: title
                }),
                $('<span>', {
                    'class': 'card-count',
                    text: count
                })
            ],
            appendTo: $('#mw-content-text #card-holder')
        });
    }

    function getItems () {
        // Map category fullpagename to display name.
        var cats = list.categories.reduce(function (acc, cat) {
            acc[cat.name] = cat.msg || cat.name;
            return acc;
        }, {});
        // Generate special page cards
        list.pages.forEach(function (page) {
            var results = [];
            query({
                action: 'query',
                list: 'querypage',
                qppage: page.name,
                formatversion: 2,
                qplimit: 'max'
            }, function (data) {
                if (data.query && data.query.querypage.results.length) {
                    results.push(data.query.querypage.results);
                }
            }, function () {
                // MediaWiki will auto-redirect (HTTP302) special pagenames for non-English wikis,
                // "Special:BrokenRedirects" will go to the correct page.
                // If there is a simple way to grab localized pagenames, go for it.
                var fullpagename = new mw.Title(page.name, -1).getPrefixedText(),
                    count = results.length ? mergeByName(results).length : 0;
                generateCard(fullpagename, page.msg, count, (!!count), true);
            });
        });
        // Generate for category cards
        new mw.Api().get({
            action: 'query',
            prop: 'categoryinfo',
            titles: Object.keys(cats).join('|'),
            formatversion: 2
        }).done(function (data) {
            console.log('categoryinfo', data);
            data.query.pages.forEach(function(page) {
                var fullpagename = new mw.Title(page.title, 14).getPrefixedText(),
                    count = page.categoryinfo ? page.categoryinfo.size : 0;
                generateCard(fullpagename, cats[fullpagename], count, (!!count), false);
            });
        });
    }

    function loadMessages () {
        var api = new mw.Api(),
            contentLang = mw.config.get('wgContentLanguage'),
            categoryMessages = list.categories
.map(function(category) { return category.name });

        // Displayed names in the user's preferred language.
        return api.loadMessagesIfMissing(categoryMessages).then(function () {
            if (contentLang === mw.config.get('wgUserLanguage')) {
                return;
            }
            // Localized category pagename.
            return api.getMessages(categoryMessages, { amlang: contentLang }).then(function(result) {
                Object.entries(result).forEach(function(item) {
                    var key = item[0],
                        value = item[1];
                    mw.messages.set(key, value);
                });
            });
        }).then(getItems);
    }

    if (mw.config.get('wgCanonicalSpecialPageName') === 'Blankpage' && mw.config.get('wgTitle').endsWith('/Stella')) {
        $('.page-header__title').text('Stella');
        $('#mw-content-text > p').remove();
        document.title = 'Stella | ' + mw.config.get('wgSiteName') + ' | Fandom';
        $('<div>', {
            id: 'card-holder',
            appendTo: $('#mw-content-text')
        });
        mw.loader.load('mediawiki.api');
        mw.loader.using(['mediawiki.api', 'mediawiki.util']).then(loadMessages);
    } else {
        $('#WikiaBar .toolbar .tools > :first-child').after(
            $('<li>', {
                append: $('<a>', {
                    text: 'Stella',
                    href: mw.util.getUrl('Special:BlankPage/Stella')
                })
            })
        );
    }
});

DigitalKandra/DK - Talk | Email | Contributions 18:04, 4 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

@DigitalKandra Hi, despite not having dependencies it could use Fandom-specific code or target elements that are only valid on Fandom wikis. To find what exactly is not working, copy this code into a global or personal JS page, save, and open the console in your browser (google it up if you're not sure how, but it's located in the element inspector). Any errors and warnings should be visible there.
If you need further assistance after doing this step, please link the JS page on your wiki in a reply and I'll see what I can do ^^ 14:45, 5 May 2024 (UTC)
Thanks, I fixed it last night, actually. — Preceding unsigned comment added by DigitalKandra (talkcontribs) 15:59, 5 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Having issues with importing the infobox template

Refer to this for background information on stuff ive tried my wiki is 196smpwiki.miraheze.org

See title. Ive imported everything neccesary, keep getting script errors, and enabled scrubinto and other stuff. WeaponizingArchitecture (talk) 01:13, 5 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

@WeaponizingArchitecture: As Wikipedia infoboxes are used on millions of pages they have to complex to meet all needs. As you will use in one way I have updated Module:Infobox with a clean version and recreated Template:Infobox Country with a simpler version.
- PercyUK (talk) 09:38, 5 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@PercyUK: The infobox os from dev:Category:Templates and is trimmed from all these redundant Wikipedia templates and modules. So that is not a problem.
@WeaponizingArchitecture: Please provide a link to your wiki, and did you enable TemplateStyles in your admin links? Did you also copy the documents to the same name as where you got them from.  Kind regards,   Rodejong   💬 Talk ✉️ Email  📝 Edits   Auth →  12:26, 5 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

A view source problem

So for some reason I cannot edit or edit source even with verified email, can someone tell me how can I fix this or help me with it?

Find the wiki I work for here: https://hellmet.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page Riller46 (talk) 01:12, 7 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Please provide more info on the error, ie what happens when you try, and check if you are logged in, I seem to be able to just fine. ╚PixDeVl╝ (Talk Contributions CentralAuth) 11:59, 7 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Constantly getting logged out

I am operating under the account User:Cyclonial. However, I keep getting logged out whenever I open another tab. Despite me clearing my cookies and checking if they haven't been blocked, the problem still persists. Has anyone experienced the same issue here? 2600:1700:3FA3:8020:10B9:3335:1130:B452 01:46, 7 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Please make sure you've checked the "keep me logged in" box.
Even then, it still happens you may be logged out from time to time, though not usually on your primary wiki.
If the problem persists, please let us know in the support channel on Discord.
Jph2 (talk) 03:50, 7 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
This is not uncommon for me as well; usually, logging into a new wiki boots me out. --Zeus, aka Blad (tcg) 17:37, 7 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]

How to update extensions?

I have recently got my code merged into PortableInfobox (commit 1c52d83), and I would like to use that on the Rainverse Wiki.

The page for extensions says to create a task on Phorge to request new extensions, but I couldn't find anything to request an update to an existing extension.

mh:rainverse:Special:Version currently says it that is running PortableInfobox "0.6 (3aaa4fb)" released on 18:52, 1 April 2024. I believe the extension is updated on Miraheze by an erratic schedule (or perhaps none), because:

The Director of Technology here at Miraheze is @Universal Omega, who also owns that repository you got your code merged into. Just make a task on Phorge and UO will get around to updating the code here. Alternatively, you can make a pull request in miraheze/mediawiki-repos. Labster (talk) 04:24, 8 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I have updated PortableInfobox here on Miraheze now. Universal Omega (talk) 04:35, 8 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
mh:rainverse:Special:Version still reports PortableInfobox as on 0.6 (3aaa4fb). - BlankEclair (talk) 05:39, 8 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]
That's because gitinfo isn't always updated. But the extension code is actually updated. If the config is set it will work. Universal Omega (talk) 05:40, 8 May 2024 (UTC)Reply[reply]