User talk:RhinosF1/Archive 2
Regarding your self nomination here
Hi, while I welcome you running for the Election Commission, I have a question regarding your health issue.
I saw you planning to step down from our sysadmin team on community noticeboard because of this, and while I understand you will be around as our local admin and wiki creator, I'm not sure if you should have additional roles under such condition.
Thus, could you tell me why you think you can still become the member of the Commission (and how you can contribute to it if elected)?
- Hi, Please see the Talk page. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - ( around) 06:29, 3 December 2019 (UTC)
I saw your Community noticeboard post, I hope all goes well for you in the future and hopefully your illness eventually goes away as well. I know you have been a great system administrator from what I've seen. Best of luck to you. Hypercane (talk) 14:56, 4 December 2019 (UTC)
- refactored above comment, added to new section and properly signed. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - ( around) 17:17, 14 December 2019 (UTC)
- @Se: See CA. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - ( around) 17:17, 14 December 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for giving PaperClip
autopatrolled. All I do here anymore is patrol edits (except translations, where I'm not given the option to patrol, nor would I without knowing the translation language), and this makes that job easier. In my opinion,
autopatrolled doesn't pass judgement on the user except to say he is sufficiently known not to need his edits checked for vandalism. For example, this is also true of Examknow despite the recent disruptive behavior, controversy, and demotion. -Spike
(Am having "session problem" in submitting a change; also cannot log out and cannot log back in. Has something changed in the last 2 weeks?)
- Hi, We’ve fixed the session issue. It was due to the redis server. See phab:T4995 ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - ( around) 07:51, 18 December 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, that Phab sums it up. Agree with the creator that the underlying issue needs to be fixed, as it turned a simple post into an hour-long riddle! 14:30 18-Dec-2019
Block of DeltaRuneFan2001
This seems unwarranted. Your explanation ("unsolicited adverts") suggests spam, which would be annoying. But the only "advert" I can see is a request to one fallen-away editor that he return to the wiki. Though "unsolicited," this should be allowed.
Separately, though, user's claim on his talk page that he wanted a wiki in order to warehouse photos of children's naked feet (versus photos of naked children) is preposterous.13:47 25-Dec-2019
- Naked feet of children can be used as the same purpose of Pedophilia, so I agree with RhinosF1 on the second point. Zppix (Meta | CVT Member | talk to me) 15:44, 25 December 2019 (UTC)
New Miraheze Meeting Announced!
I am writing to let you know a new Miraheze Meeting has been confirmed as you requested updates.
- Date: 15/01/2020
- Time: 21:00 UTC
- Hosts: RhinosF1
- Available Meeting Operator: RhinosF1
- Description: Discussion regarding the possibility of a face to face meetup event for Miraheze Users.
- Attendees: Sign the attendance sheet by clicking here
Please come along to chat with us in #miraheze-meetings on chat.freenode.net during the alloted time.
Thanks, RhinosF1 15:18, 30 December 2019 (UTC)
Thank you for the messages via my talk page. I would like to discuss the changes in the welcome template. --8ight (Express yourself, be heard!) 12:46, 13 January 2020 (UTC) @8ight: Just open a section like you did here on Talk:Welcome. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - ( around) 15:08, 13 January 2020 (UTC)
Could you please delete thechasewiki.miraheze.org. I only need one wiki stargazerwiki.shoutwiki.com. If you can find the others, please delete them, I am only sticking to Stargazer Wiki. Thanks! I just want to inform you that RandomUser34 is a constant liar and likes to make things up so don't trust him. If he mentions anything about me, just revert his edit, or just block him indefinitely. He is NOT stopping me from enjoying my time here and with my own wiki. He likes to ruin peoples' lives and make people miserable. He is an <redacted> immature schoolboy and needs to stop harassing me, otherwise, this may end up with him arrested as I will ring the police. --8ight (Express yourself, be heard!) 22:14, 14 January 2020 (UTC)
- You need to ask on SN to get wikis deleted. I’ve asked someone to look into RandomUser but I suggest you email Stewardsmiraheze.org or conductmiraheze.org to get it sorted. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - ( around) 22:18, 14 January 2020 (UTC)
Re: Welcome to Miraheze!
Hey, thanks for the welcome. Just saying here, I am recommending Miraheze for someone working in a developing country, as meeting 3 useful criteria in choosing a Wiki =
- +) Is it easily & quickly usable, by anyone, including the tech-averse?
- +) Is it affordable, as in free or very low costs? (e.g. time for maintenance).
- +) Is it stable, safe, reliable & not going anywhere soon?
I will register when I have time! ~ Thanks!
- Hi, Mediawiki is software is pretty easy to use and so are our extensions! We don’t charge anything but you can Donate to help support us. And finally, we have no plans on going anywhere and are working on improving our infastructure! ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - ( around) 19:54, 15 January 2020 (UTC)