User accounts policy
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
|This page documents a Miraheze global policy, this policy follows consensus and/or Staff guidelines. All Miraheze users should follow it, and changes made to it should be discussed on the talk page.|
Combining several proposals from this request for comment, this policy outlines Miraheze's views on account usage.
User accounts may be shared under the following conditions:
- Shared accounts must be disclosed (indicated as being shared) on the respective accounts Meta userpage. This is to enforce the following condition:
- Shared accounts may not be given any global permissions; it will be up to local wiki staff to determine if shared accounts should have local rights.
- The reasoning for this is that, like not being able to track contributions of shared accounts reliably, any user of a shared account with global permissions could use those permissions, not just the real person that requested them.
Users are allowed to have multiple user accounts.
- Multiple accounts belonging to the same person may be blocked as a group or individually depending on the severity of any misuse, this is up to the blocking/locking staff member
- Users are not required to disclose multiple accounts, but failure to do so could be considered abuse of multiple accounts under certain circumstances. Please use common sense.
- Keep in mind account creation can be considered a type of spam. Please only create accounts you intend to use.