To contact a Steward, please visit the Stewards' noticeboard or directly contact one of the Stewards listed below.
Scope of responsibilities
Stewards are users with the permission and authority to use any part of the MediaWiki interface on any wiki. Stewards will work with communities to address issues facing them locally such as disputes, abusive or disruptive behaviour as well as global issues such as disruptive behaviour across multiple wikis. This includes global and local right assignment, use of routine administrator permissions (delete, blocking, etc.) on local wikis and in a global sense (locking accounts, renames), CheckUser and oversight permissions. In the event of an increase in requests for Steward assistance, Stewards may delegate some of these responsibilities to other users. As an example, routine administrator actions may be delegated to 'global sysops' or similar, if a need arises.
As the most elevated 'administrative' role, Stewards can be seen as the go-to authority for interpreting community consensus, and having the final approval for Miraheze-wide policies and Meta Wiki policies. As such, their opinion should be respected unless an obvious community consensus appears, in which case community consensus should overrule unless not possible for legal or technical reasons.
Users may nominate themselves or other users to fulfill the Steward role, or the current Stewards may call for an election if they, as a group, decide more Stewards are needed. After an accepted nomination, self-nomination, or Steward-requested election, all Miraheze users will be allowed to comment on the nominee(s) for a minimum period of 7 days.
- Users will be given an adequate time to comment on nominations
- Any issues raised should be acknowledged or fixed by the nominee
- If possible, any issues raised should be addressed before the closing of the nomination/election
- Users may Support/ Abstain/ Oppose nominees, but this alone will not decide the outcome
- An existing Steward will close the nomination/election after taking into consideration the arguments made, not just the support/oppose count
- For the nomination/election to be successful, there must be at least 20 user's comments and a support ratio of at least 80%
List of Stewards
- Page last updated: 04 December 2016
|User name||Languages spoken||Other rights|
|John||en, cy-3||administrator, bureaucrat, system administrator|
|NDKilla||en||administrator, wiki creator, system administrator|
|開拓者||ja, en-4, fr-3, it-3, es-3, lzh-3, de-2, pt-2, zh-HANT-2||administrator|