This page is only for matters that need Stewards' attention.
If you would like to:
Please remember to:
- 1 A problem over at Great Characters Wiki
- 2 Vandal
- 3 Ban this user TheFunnyVandalizer on Awful Movies Wiki
- 4 Request for interwiki of simpleelectronics
- 5 RandomUser34
- 6 Please help to fix Recent changes page on template wiki
- 7 "Exception" error
- 8 I’m having an issue with the style of the infoboxes on mobile
- 9 Wikis
- 10 MatomoAnalytics is down again
- 11 no clue about phabricator
- 12 Sockpuppetery
- 13 There's a troll
- 14 Sockpuppet accounts
- 15 Help...again
- 16 I don't understand why my request for a wiki was denied.
- 17 Alt accounts
- 18 How restrict access for all users to talk namespaces
- 19 Please enable the extension “Wikibase: Client” on my wiki
- 20 Issues with the MediaWikiChat extension
- 21 Request to delete glaucuswiki
- 22 MatomoAnalytics
- 23 Photos from wikicommons disappearance
- 24 Renaming Problem
- 25 Question
- 26 Vandalism by administrator
- 27 Global block request
A problem over at Great Characters Wiki[edit | edit source]
Vandal[edit | edit source]
Ban this user TheFunnyVandalizer on Awful Movies Wiki[edit | edit source]
Reason: Vandal ruffian
Signed by - Stephenfisher2001
Request for interwiki of simpleelectronics[edit | edit source]
RandomUser34[edit | edit source]
I just want to inform you that RandomUser34 is a constant liar and likes to make things up so don't trust him. If he mentions anything about me, just revert his edit, or just block him indefinitely. He is NOT stopping me from enjoying my time here and with my own wiki. He likes to ruin peoples' lives and make people miserable. He is an immature schoolboy and needs to stop harassing me, otherwise, this may end up with him arrested as I will ring the police. Please block his account indefinitely and any of his other fake accounts? Thanks! He is not making my life a living hell. I don't want him to continue harassing or intimidating me. I can't even sleep at night because of him. --8ight (talk) 22:27, 14 January 2020 (UTC)
- If he or you continues interacting with each other, blocks will be enforced. @RandomUser34: Zppix (Meta | CVT Member | talk to me) 22:32, 14 January 2020 (UTC)
- @Zppix: Don't worry! I will totally ignore him. Please just protect me from him. I don't want him to harrass me anywhere else. --8ight (talk) 01:38, 15 January 2020 (UTC)
Please help to fix Recent changes page on template wiki[edit | edit source]
- @Rob Kam: I can't seem to reproduce this issue. Could you please either provide a screenshot or tell us what browser (and version) you are using? Also for future reference please note that Stewards do not deal with such technical issues so Community noticeboard would be a better place for this type of request in the future. Reception123 (talk) (C) 15:48, 15 January 2020 (UTC)
- @Rob Kam: Yes. It was me. But problem is, first time when I edited this page, there was no interface admin program on any wiki. But NOW (and obviously when i tried to edit second time) this is here. So that, nobody can't be able to change special pages (like Mediawiki or css) without Interface Admin, Bureaucrat or Steward right. If you want to change those pages later, you should request for interface adminship. Thanks! আ হ ম সাকিব (T) (C) 23:43, 16 January 2020 (UTC)
- @Reception123: Can I just cut and paste this over to Community noticeboard, or is there some protocol to follow? It will get seen better over there. --21:21, 18 January 2020 (UTC)
"Exception" error[edit | edit source]
Hello, and thank you again for your beautiful work! My wiki is working well, but I have a problem when a new user has to set a new password at first access. The password input works, but after that I see a page which says (italian version):
Errore interno [6ed00020e037182f9468e092] 2020-01-16 10:55:53: Errore irreversibile di tipo "Exception"
Is it possible to fix it? (the best thing should be redirecting the user to a news page, like "Your account is ready, welcome and begin navigatioN"...
thank you Michele
- As it seems to be a technical issue, please file a ticket on phabricator.--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 05:09, 18 January 2020 (UTC)
I’m having an issue with the style of the infoboxes on mobile[edit | edit source]
Hi there, so I’ve recently started work on a new wiki and I want to make the theme for mobile users look exactly like Wikipedia. I’ve tried to implement infoboxes from Wikipedia, however the Infobox theme on my wiki for mobile users is substantially different compared to Wikipedia. Is there any possible way to correct this? Thanks.
- You can simply import infoboxes from Wikipedia following this guide. I think it will work out.--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 05:13, 18 January 2020 (UTC)
- I followed that guide, however none of my infoboxes on mobile resemble exactly to the Wikipedia ones. Can I have some further assistance please? Thank you. RuffianLewis (talk) 09:14, 18 January 2020 (UTC)
Wikis[edit | edit source]
Hi, I would like the following wikis to be deleted:
- Done--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 05:18, 18 January 2020 (UTC)
MatomoAnalytics is down again[edit | edit source]
- Since this seems to be a technical issue, please file a ticket on phabricator.--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 05:19, 18 January 2020 (UTC)
no clue about phabricator[edit | edit source]
Hi again , I tried to file a ticket to the phabricator but couldn't figure it out . this issue with matomoAnalytics happened several times and it was fixed from here . Thanks
- You can find a guide on phab here.--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 21:21, 19 January 2020 (UTC)
Sockpuppetery[edit | edit source]
Random Person on the internet
Joe loves a Cookie
Animals Fanatic 2020
The ice cream fan
These all are sockpuppets of eachother, feel free to globally block the IP adress. Oh also, just incase do an IP check, sorry if i probably repeated a report but it wasn't done so im making it again. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Hendicted (talk • contribs)
- Done Locked 11 accounts as their socks (among with some other vandals).--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 21:17, 19 January 2020 (UTC)
There's a troll[edit | edit source]
There's a troll that's attacking Greatest Movies Wiki called Ilovespongebob. Could you please block him?
Sockpuppet accounts[edit | edit source]
Help...again[edit | edit source]
- Sorry for the inconvenience, I have fixed the issue now. Reception123 (talk) (C) 06:59, 22 January 2020 (UTC)
I don't understand why my request for a wiki was denied.[edit | edit source]
I requested a wiki, and I got a notice. I can't read the whole notice because it's cut off and when I try to visit the location of the notice it says there is "no special page". It says it was denied because "Forking the existing wiki (for possible block evasion)." However, I never got blocked on such a wiki and that wiki does not exist, to my knowledge. Here's proof: https://toxicfandomusers.miraheze.org/wiki/Miraheze
I may have confused whoever handled my request, so I will clarify. My friends wanted me to write an article about a very bad user on this wiki, but I can't because it's about bad fandoms, not bad users. I was never blocked on a Miraheze wiki and I just want to write an article for my friends that I can't do unless I get the wiki I requested. So, may I please get it eventually?
Edit: I found out that by clicking on "Visit request" on my notice directed me to "Special:Special:RequestWikiQueue/10562" instead of "Special:RequestWikiQueue/10562". I have now edited the request to clarify some things. WickyHoney (talk) 05:58, 22 January 2020 (UTC)
Alt accounts[edit | edit source]
How restrict access for all users to talk namespaces[edit | edit source]
We would like to keep our copyrights and heavy censorship on content. We do not need extra attention to talk namespaces. How we can disable access or delete or hide all TALK namespaces ?
Thanks in advance.
Helper (talk) 22:38, 22 January 2020 (UTC)
Please enable the extension “Wikibase: Client” on my wiki[edit | edit source]
Issues with the MediaWikiChat extension[edit | edit source]
I've spotted at least 2 issues with the MediaWikiChat extension. The first problem is that administrators are unable to ban users from using chat by giving them the "blockedfromchat" permission. And bureaucrats are unable to use the (managewiki) permission to allow themselves or other usergroups to assign users the said permission.
The second problem is that the MediaWiki:Smileys page isn't working, as it isn't allowing the emotes to appear via Chat. I would appreciate it if these issues could be addressed. Particularly the first one, which I assume is the easier one of the two. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 05:40, 24 January 2020 (UTC)
- @C.Syde65: Hi. It would be preferable if you opened a task on Phabricator as this matter is not for Stewards. Reception123 (talk) (C) 07:04, 25 January 2020 (UTC)
Request to delete glaucuswiki[edit | edit source]
- Per T5149 on behalf of the user requesting the deletion of glaucuswiki by a steward. Reception123 (talk) (C) 07:03, 25 January 2020 (UTC)
MatomoAnalytics[edit | edit source]
- Hello, we are sorry that it has not be working correctly. We have a cron that runs everyday but it appears to keep OOM'g. So not much we can do at this moment in time. We need to increase the ram on our matomo host. Again apologies that this is happening. Paladox (talk) 15:01, 25 January 2020 (UTC)
Photos from wikicommons disappearance[edit | edit source]
- Hi, We are currently affected by an incident at Wikimedia affecting the display on Wikimedia Commons images. We hope service will fully resume shortly. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - ( offline) 16:56, 26 January 2020 (UTC)
Renaming Problem[edit | edit source]
Hello. This is my backup account that I'm temporarily using. So the renaming process from ZapperGlaze49 to TheChisatoFan got stuck at receptionflamewars.miraheze.org and it has been like that for a few hours already. Can you please help me fix this problem? Thank you. KatFan55 (talk) 12:24, 27 January 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this error, I have now fixed it and you should be able to log into your original account now. Reception123 (talk) (C) 15:28, 27 January 2020 (UTC)
Question[edit | edit source]
The Question is, is it possible for a steward to be impeached, and if the steward is impeached, then the steward loses their power.
- @RoboticJeffy: Yes, it is possible for a steward to be removed ("impeached" as you say). The rules for the removal of a Steward can be found here. Reception123 (talk) (C) 15:18, 27 January 2020 (UTC)
Vandalism by administrator[edit | edit source]
Users Lipomir and Bloodia have committed vandalism and erasure on several pages within the Atlas collaborative wiki, on which they are administrators. This particular wiki is a collaboration between a few groups. Although these deletions initially targeted the moderation team for our group, after moderation action, the users have started deleting all pages by our users on the wiki, and removing the members of our group from the wiki. This was done without warning and without the permission of anyone involved but the aforementioned administrators, in what we consider a severe breach of the Miraheze code of conduct. If there is any way that we can have these deletions restored, the dormant status removed and their admin privileges revoked, that would be greatly appreciated.
One of our users, Gorbatov was an administrator and retained their privileges, so we managed to save through various caches and administrative actions our work, but we would still like, if possible, the deleted content to be restored and the users who committed the erasures to have their administrative privileges on our wiki removed.
Thank you very much, Valdiu
- @Valdiu: I have revoked permissions of Lipomir, Bloodia, and Szprot for abusing their permissions, and blocked (locally, at least for now) them because of their vandalism. Local administrators can undelete the pages (as well as Stewards) to fix it. I will start undeleting the pages that were deleted yesterday.--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 09:52, 28 January 2020 (UTC)