On the Stewards' noticeboard, you can request...
If you would like to request...
To add your request, type in a title and click the "Add Topic" button below.
|Archives of Stewards' noticeboard [ ]|
I would like to recover the wiki "https://fablac.miraheze.org/wiki/Accueil"
I am contacting you because I will wish to recover the wiki of our school. It's called "fablac". We are very disappointed not to find him again.
Thanks in advance. Have a beautiful day, Sophie
- Hello and welcome! I am not a Steward, but I think your request would carry more weight if you were a registered user. Please pick a username! 22:23 20-Mar-2019
How do i add a Infobox? i Know Barely anything about Coding on Wikis sadly.
Hi, i'm New here as i Moved from Wikia's Mass-Ad Festival to here which seems cleaner. Only Issue i have right now is Adding Infoboxes to my Wiki. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Libya (talk • contribs)
- Hello and welcome! Please read FAQ#How do I install infoboxes on my wiki, like Wikipedia has?. (Better yet, read the entire page!) Take care when importing code, because sometimes a template relies on other templates and you need to import them all. You're right that it's "cleaner" to edit here than at Wikia, where they are always breaking stuff. Templates are somewhat like subroutines in a programming language, and unfortunately, it will require learning about them, because even if you get them to work, you'll find you want to tweak them. 13:48 23-Mar-2019
How do I get to the Special:ManageWiki to uncheck the "closed" box to reopen it
My wiki was closed for dormancy - and I would like to re-open it, but I don't know how to get to the Special:ManageWiki page to uncheck the "closed" box. DebyJolley
- Surfing to the page
yourwiki.miraheze.org/wiki/Special:ManageWiki(making an appropriate substitution for
yourwiki) should get you there, though I do not know if other problems will prevent you from completing the operation. 03:45 2-May-2019
Thank you, Spike!!
Request for exemption from the dormancy policy
Hello, we are currently working on our wiki "IKgroßeGruppenWiki" and I want to ask if our wiki could be exempted from the dormancy policy. We're gathering a pool of didactic methods that can be used in library courses. The wiki will be open for our community to add new methods but it will most likely be used primarily as a research-platform. So we can't guarantee that there will be enough changes and contributions within 60 days to prevent it from being deleted. We are very grateful for your great service! IKGroßeGruppenWiki (talk) 09:07, 25 June 2019 (UTC)
Please enable Interwiki for MX Linux users
I am the founder of the german MX Linux users de wiki and also the english MX Linux users en wiki. Now I like to request Interwiki enabled so that we can use the links under languages in the sidebar and hopefully placing en:pagename when stated on a german page also works like on the german wikipedia articles. --Peter Littmann (talk) 03:20, 26 June 2019 (UTC)
Delete our wiki
I have already sent a request to delete a site to which there was no response. Stewards' noticeboard/Archive 9#Removing_the_error_wiki But for some reason you moved my request to the archive. I repeat it again.
Please completely delete the unfinished site http://absurdopedia.miraheze.org, since it was created when the Absurdopedia's community on Wikia was looking for a place to move. None of the authors of the Absurdopedia will rule there. We have already created a site https://absurdopedia.wiki on an independent hosting, --Тэйтанка (talk) 19:12, 17 March 2019 (UTC) --Тэйтанка (talk) 13:51, 29 June 2019 (UTC)
Making The Notice A Global Notice
@John, Void, Southparkfan, NDKilla, and 開拓者: Can you make the global notice "There is currently a Request for Comment about changes to the Content Policy." ? Fungster (contribs - email - CA) 12:21, 30 June 2019 (UTC)
- I think it's handled by technical staffs.--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 13:35, 30 June 2019 (UTC)
- Then email the tech staff! --Fungster (contribs - email - CA) 13:38, 30 June 2019 (UTC)
About a Recent Global Lock
A few hours ago, my main account, Marseillaise, was globally locked due to "cross-wiki abuse". (This was an account I had made for testing at the Public Test Wiki.) I know I have been disruptive here at Meta, and I can understand being blocked here, even indefinitely. However, I was not disruptive at any other wikis on the Miraheze network. I mostly tested at the Public Test Wiki, with occasional edits at a few other wikis. I would really like to have my Marseillaise account unlocked so I can continue testing on the test wiki, and I won't be disruptive any more. Thank you. Legend (talk) 00:21, 1 July 2019 (UTC)
- I found out that you have been vandalizing our wikis mainly as an anonymous IP user. It's an obvious case of cross-wiki abuse, and thus dealt as so.--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 14:55, 1 July 2019 (UTC)
Request to delete several wikis
- Done. Now they are marked as deleted, but you can still request for undeletion or data dump until they are completely deleted.--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 14:25, 2 July 2019 (UTC)
Wiki deletion request
- Thanks for your notification, and now it's Done.--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 13:56, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
Merge users on nonciclopedia.org (19)
Import from Wikia
For Incubator Plus to function we have to import the entirety of the Wikia version (including full page history). The size of the xml dump, however, seems to be something the servers tend to dislike. In other words, Miraheze keeps crashing. Is there any way the stewards can be of help? :) --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 14:07, 4 July 2019 (UTC) P.S.: The move was anticipated here.
- Follow the instructions at Imports. The dump needs to be imported by a sysadmin. -- Void Whispers 16:13, 4 July 2019 (UTC)
Help regarding my naxvbox template
On my wiki (hasanistan.miraheze.org), I wish to make my navboxes appear like in Wikipedia. I have got most of this appearance, but there is no separation between the group elements on the navbox. For context, these are my navboxes:
And this is how Wikipedia navboxes look like.
- I'm not seeing anything wrong, perhaps it's a caching issue on your end? -- Void Whispers 21:18, 4 July 2019 (UTC)
It has false information, infact its just a carbon copy of the same page on HRWW.184.108.40.206 12:39, 9 July 2019 (UTC)