Requests for Stewardship
Requests for Stewardship
This page is a designed to be a place to organize all requests for Stewardship, in accordance with the policy regarding the appointment of Stewards.
To add your request, click the "Add request" button below.
- 1 CnocBride's Request for Stewardship
- 2 MacFan4000's Request for Stewardship
- 3 開拓者's Request for Stewardship
- 4 Angrybirdsfanonmiraheze’s request for Stewardship
CnocBride's Request for Stewardship[edit | edit source]
開拓者's Request for Stewardship[edit | edit source]
User: 開拓者 ( )
Reasoning for request[edit | edit source]
Hi, and I am LegoMaster. I would like to nominate 開拓者 as a steward, as this user is always active and CVT group, so he is probably familiar with blocking IP addresses globally and locking global accounts. He currently also has wikicreator, interwikiadmin, sysop, and also autopatrolled rights locally. He will address the questions that you have. Thank you for your understanding.shows that he has nearly 170 actions in the last 30 days, which is overwhelmingly more than mine. Also, he is in the
Additionally, he has a total of 15,109 global edits and 284 attached accounts anywhere on Miraheze wikis. That's a lot.
Additional comments given by user (if any)[edit | edit source]
I will only nominate someone else as a steward because that I am technically ineligible to become a steward because of my Wikipedia account being indefinitely blocked. Thank you for your understanding. LegoMaster (talk ) 03:35, 18 May 2019 (UTC)
- Comment I'm surprised to see myself being nominated here without prior notification. However, I will accept it and will run as a candidate.
One of my biggest strength is that I'm a Japanese native living in a different time zone from other volunteers and thus can help Japanese users or/and users who want help when other volunteers are not available. I know that there are two most important tools, apart from global permissions to op/crat a user on any wikis, that a Steward can hold - Oversight and Checkuser.
Although I never have had any experience of Oversight, the first of the two, I do have some experiences on Checkuser, the second one, on some of the non-English Illogicopedias. I do know when to use such tools: Oversight is to hide illegal contents, personal attacks, and personal information even from local admins and bureaucrats, while Checkuser is to check IP and user-agent based identity of registered user accounts when there are active vandalisms or suspected sockings reported.
I also know that loginwiki should be checked if global abuse is suspected by a certain user (because all registered users' login data is stored there).
I am also aware that Checkuser may result in two kinds of false results - false negative (due to some kind of CU evasion. mostly detectable from behavioral evidence or/and use of proxies, though) and false positives (such as access from a same school), and thus am open to deal with appeals when e-mailed to the mailing list.
Though some may say that we already have enough Stewards, I would like to point out that not all communities are English speaking. Even some wiki requests are not made in English and should be dealt with non-English users. Such communities, especially when they don't understand English at all, may need a help of those who understand non-English languages. And that what I can and am willing to do.--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 17:55, 18 May 2019 (UTC)
Questions for candidate[edit | edit source]
- If you were elected Steward, how do you think you could benefit the Miraheze community? Reception123 (talk) (C) 18:36, 21 May 2019 (UTC)
- As already mentioned above, I speak languages that other stewards don't speak and live in a different time zone. This will allow dealing requests from users from non-English communities (sometimes finding themselves difficult to contact stewards in English) more quickly and smoothly (and of course, I can help English speaking communities as well).--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 07:41, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
- Do you have any prior experience with wiki communities (as an administrator, bureaucrat, etc.)? Reception123 (talk) (C) 18:36, 21 May 2019 (UTC)
- the questions were answered above. Fungster My talk | My contributions | FMF Meta | CA 22:54, 21 May 2019 (UTC)
- As shown in the centralauth, I'm a local admin/bureaucrat of several wikis in multiple languages, including but not limited to Usopedia (Japanese, admin/crat), the Chinese Uncyclopedia (Chinese, admin), and meta (English, admin) here on Miraheze. Out of Miraheze, I'm an admin/bureaucrat of the French, Norwegian, and Dutch Illogicopedias (under the name The Pioneer). I also have CU permission on Norwegian and Dutch Illogicopedias, and also had a temporary admin/checkuser permissions to help the local admins on the Portuguese Illogicopedia (where at that time was suffering from massive vandalism).
- Here on Miraheze, I also have several global permissions such as CVT, interwiki-admin, and wiki manager.--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 07:41, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
Comments by other users[edit | edit source]
Oversight is a tool for primarily to suppress deletion the private personal data from admins that can have the technical ability to view those deleted materials in any public wikis. As the result, private personal information on public place are sensitive issue, so any users request for oversight deletion the pages or diffs can only via through from the email, not post it on Meta. SA 13 Bro (talk) 13:59, 19 May 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for your comment. That's true. Even if not by an e-mail, it should be messaged through a private channel, at least (ex. Discord PM). And if there were someone who didn't know it posted OS requests on SN (or any other public places), such posts should be oversighted as well (especially when the content to be hidden is included directly).--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 07:41, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
Support[edit | edit source]
- Support It's not often that I find myself comfortable with supporting a steward candidate, since I am very weary of the vast set of tools that steward access gives and frankly I don't support everything that the stewards have been granted to do. That being said, The Pioneer is probably one of the only candidates that I would feel comfortable granting steward to, as I have never had any negative interactions with the user that I can recall, and I strongly support the concept of having more multilingual diversity on the steward and sysadmin teams. Amanda Catherine (talk) 20:10, 18 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support He exerts his power not only on Usopedia, but on various wikis. And that is a great power for us Japanese, and Miraheze. --Schwarz・Talk / ウソペディア 08:40, 19 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Fungster My talk | My contributions | FMF Meta | CA 09:41, 19 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support I've no concern, Pioneer contributions activity are look well for me. SA 13 Bro (talk) 13:59, 19 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support--辞書城主08:03, 20 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support The few times I've encountered The Pioneer have been very positive. I'm sure you'll do great work! --Ondo (talk) 20:26, 20 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support SapphireWilliams (talk page • contributions) 22:47, 20 May 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support He has helped me in making my wiki.--BetaPillage (talk) 11:32, 21 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support Zppix (Meta | CVT Member | talk to me) 12:38, 21 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support Why not? - PlavorSeol (T | C) 14:16, 21 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support This user has lots of global contributions, appers vary trusted, has a positive attitude from what I can tell, is already CVT, is multilingual, and lives in a vary diffrent time zone then the other stewards. Bonnedav (talk) 00:42, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support very caring person. REIWA (talk) 09:00, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support 很好啊，有事找他，他都会帮忙。-黑底屍 (talk) 17:38, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support For all the things said by my companions. Hispano76 (talk) 19:07, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support From what I've seen this user definitely deserves a shot at it. Hypercane (talk) 18:26, 23 May 2019 (UTC)