This page lists the current positions that are needed at Miraheze. The absence of a position/role does not at all mean that volunteers are not needed for that role or area. This list is also not set up in terms of any priority.
Role: Software Developer
Issued by: MediaWiki Engineering Team
Issued on: 14 April 2021
The Miraheze MediaWiki Engineering Team is looking for a new volunteer software developer. A software developer for Miraheze would be tasked with maintaining Miraheze's several extensions and working on requested features and bug reports under the supervision of the MediaWiki Engineering Manager. This person would not (at least initially) have any elevated access, and would submit pull-requests to GitHub which would be reviewed by the members of the MediaWiki team.
- Knowledge of the PHP programming language
- Knowledge of XSS and SQL Injection
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the MediaWiki software
Responsibilities and duties
- Maintain Miraheze's extensions: make sure they are compatible with the upcoming version of MediaWiki, respond to bug reports, etc.
- Work with the MediaWiki Engineering Team and the community to prioritise and develop new features for Miraheze extensions
- Keep current documentation and help pages/guides for Miraheze extensions up-to date and write new documentation if required
If you are interested in this position or have any questions, please do not hesitate to email sre-mediawikimiraheze.org or if you prefer, contact Reception123 on IRC/Discord and/or RhinosF1 on IRC or both on-wiki (Meta).
Role: Trust and Safety Responder
Issued by: Board
Issued on: March 24 2021, reissued April 10 2021
Deadline for application: 23:59 (UTC) on Sunday, April 18th, 2021
To be added to