Meta:Administrators' noticeboard/Archive 5

Archive This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.


Category:Wikipedia pages with incorrect protection templates

Today I present to you a problem that has me completely baffled. If you look at Category:Wikipedia pages with incorrect protection templates, you can see that it has only translations of Custom domains. That said, the reason that it says "incorrect protection template" is most likely because the original Custom domains is in fact protected, but that doesn't carry over for translations. Do you think there is a fix to this or will this be permanent? Just to clarify once again, this is regarding Category:Wikipedia pages with incorrect protection templates --Integer talk 03:55, 21 January 2021 (UTC)

Please note that I have moved this here from SN as this only concerns Meta where Stewards generally should not interfere. Thank you. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 07:57, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
Also, I noticed this while cleaning up Special:WantedCategories. It is likely caused by a template imported from Wikipedia. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 08:26, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
Integer Thank you for raising this issue. R4356th was correct in moving this thread from stewards' noticeboard to Meta:Administrators' noticeboard, where this request is now more in scope. I would quibble just a bit with the phrasing of R4356th's explanation, though, as stewards do have some managerial responsibility for Meta Wiki. It's a governance structure that is somewhat complicated, to put it mildly. For example, Meta bureaucrats oversee most local user group permissions requests requiring a community election (i.e., at Meta:Requests for permissions) or which can only be granted by Meta bureaucrats as a discretionary appointment at Meta:Administrators' noticeboard (i.e., interface administrator) whereas stewards oversee the global group permissions requests plus one local Meta user group permission request, wiki creator, which was functionally implemented as a local rather global user group for various reasons, but it very much is a global role (i.e., it's just only used on Meta, essentially). Meta bureaucrats generally close most local Meta Wiki discussions, whereas stewards close most global discussions. ManageWiki settings changes are done by stewards. Extensions are enabled by stewards, though in most, but not necessarily all, cases, stewards should consult with a Meta bureaucrat to see whether a community discussion of some sort is needed. In short, it's quite complicated. Alas, I digress. Nevertheless, R4356th is correct that stewards have little concern for which pages or templates are appropriate to Meta, or even such matters as how pages should be titled, generally speaking. Thus, Meta:Administrators' noticeboard is the best venue for anything concerning Meta Wiki only. Most requests here can be handled by either a Meta administrator or Meta bureaucrat, whether a community discussion is warranted or not. That's not to say that there may never be a particular request at Meta:Administrators' noticeboard that would never be handled by a steward, depending on the specific change required. For example, a minor change to Special:ManageWikiDefaultPermissions might be requested here, though community noticeboard would probably still be a better venue, it's not unreasonable for it to be requested here. In any case, to your specific question, I've gone ahead and just   deleted Template:Pp-template that was causing this issue. While we could have corrected the template to improve the category by which the template categorized pages, since it was only used on one or perhaps two pages, it wasn't really used. And, to be honest, unless we have a bot like AnomieBOT that updates the page protection icons automatically when page protection levels change or expire, these errors will be commonplace. Since one can easily view the protection status in the "page information" feature of a given page, it's not that useful. Hope that helps. Dmehus (talk) 13:21, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
Got it, and   Thank you very much! Integer talk 13:23, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
Integer   No problem. Dmehus (talk) 13:28, 21 January 2021 (UTC)

Request for Updating Miraheze

Could someone please update the news section in "Miraheze" to note that Miraheze now hosts more than 4000 wikis? Thank you. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 10:52, 21 January 2021 (UTC)

R4356th I'm going to mark this as   not done because (a) we've hosted over 4,500 wikis before and (b) a large swath of closed wikis is due to be added to Special:DeletedWikis in the next few days, which will likely drop us below 4,000 wikis again. Thus, if it's considered significant enough news to note on Main Page, I'd rather wait until it's over 4,100-4,200 wikis. Dmehus (talk) 11:08, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
:( Okay. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 11:10, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
Yeah, I have to agree as I believe we did once update the News like that and afterwards it was quite awkward when the number went down because of the wikis deleted per the Dormancy Policy Reception123 (talk) (C) 20:05, 21 January 2021 (UTC)

Request for Reviewing Template:Documentation

Could someone please review Template:Documentation? It has a Lua error. I am guessing you may have to import a Lua module. Thank you. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 17:38, 20 January 2021 (UTC)

R4356th   Fixed Integer talk 21:25, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
Please leave importing to admins from the next time. We should attribute the module authors by importing instead of merely copy-pasting. This is due to legal reasons. I hope this helps. To admins, this is   Not done. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 21:34, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
Oh, ok. Got it. Will note this for future reference. Integer talk 21:36, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
For what it's worth, past practice on Meta Wiki with respect to importing versus copying and pasting has been...mixed, to say the least, often without even a required edit summary linking to the source page (via an interwiki page link). Thus, while it's true attribution is required, full history attribution is not required, provided an edit summary link to the source page is included. Best practice here is to say something like Copied from [[w:Example]], where Example is the source page from English Wikipedia. Dmehus (talk) 23:50, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
R4356th I don't see where there's a Lua error on either Template:Documentation or Template:Documentation/doc. Can you clarify what you mean just a bit? Thanks. Dmehus (talk) 23:52, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
@Dmehus: The errors have been fixed by copy-pasting the required modules mentioned in the error by Integer. However, as we do not have any link to WP or MW.org stating that we imported them from those sites in a widely visible place for modules, conventionally, we import them instead of merely copy-pasting. This is what you are requested to do now. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 09:23, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
R4356th I don't see where Integer fixed these issues by copying and pasting, though, unless you don't mean Template:Documentation and Template:Documentation/doc? I just don't see a revision issued by this user. These templates we did actually import correctly, though; however, we could do well to provide a link in an edit summary to the source templates, so I will do that now. Assuming it was only these two templates, I'm going to mark this as   done following my correction. Dmehus (talk) 12:31, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
@Dmehus: The template needed a Lua module which Integer copy-pasted themselves. This sadly means that this is   not done. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 13:16, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
@Dmehus: I am assuming you forgot about this. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 22:01, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
R4356th Oh, you didn't link to the Lua module. I thought I checked Module:Documentation and saw it was already imported or properly attributed, but I'll have another look. What other module(s) need to be imported? Dmehus (talk) 22:25, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
It needed some other module. I cannot remember the name right now. Perhaps, @Integer: can. Nevertheless, I will recheck the template. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 12:51, 22 January 2021 (UTC)

Request for Making a Translation-related Configuration Change

Hello, as a Meta Translation Administrator, I would like $wmgUseYandexTranslate (can be found in the Localisation section) to be checked in ManageWiki. It will help translators by showing machine translation suggestions. Thank you. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 16:08, 21 January 2021 (UTC)

R4356th I personally would have no objections to this. I'm going to {{ping}} Reception123 to this thread to say whether he feels this needs a full Meta:Administrators' noticeboard discussion. I personally don't feel it does, as we have no policy on translations. We primarily rely on users' common sense that only those users who know a language should be doing translations in said language. This is a tool that would help users who know a language, but may not be native speakers of said language. Dmehus (talk) 18:12, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
Since it doesn't ultimately change the workflow of this wiki and just provides a translation aid I would personally think it's fine to proceed without a formal discussion, especially since I can't really see a reason to oppose this. I don't think it would encourage users doing machine translations, but if that happens they can be told accordingly. Reception123 (talk) (C) 20:01, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
@Reception123: Yeah, that's a good way of looking at it, I think. Additionally, if the extension proposed to add any new local Meta user groups, or alter existing Meta user groups in a significant way, I would also think we'd want to have a local community discussion on Meta Wiki. As you and R4356th have articulated, this is just adding an additional tool to existing translators' and translation administrators' toolkits to ease their translation work. If it becomes an issue, then we may need to have a larger community discussion towards adopting as translation policy or guidelines for translators to adhere to, but we can have that policy discussion at a later time when it's required. Accordingly, this requested settings change is now
  done. Dmehus (talk) 21:42, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
Thank you very much. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 21:55, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
Um... I do not see any change? Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 22:00, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
Hrm, are you still seeing no change? Is there any other setting change needed? Dmehus (talk) 22:27, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
I still do not see any change. I will take a look at the Translate extension's documentation and Miraheze's mw-config repositroy. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 12:49, 22 January 2021 (UTC)
I took a quick look at Yandex's translation service and looks like the languages I have tested with are supported. I will further look into this. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 14:16, 22 January 2021 (UTC)
On second thoughts, a really simple answer could be that we are not paying Yandex. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 14:18, 22 January 2021 (UTC)
Never mind. I think I found the problem. I will make a pull request. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 14:24, 22 January 2021 (UTC)
CSP seems to be causing this. Universal Omega has made a pull request to add Yandex to the CSP whitelist. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 15:49, 22 January 2021 (UTC)
Per finding on Discord or IRC, this has likely been caused by Miraheze's API key becoming invalid. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 16:01, 22 January 2021 (UTC)
R4356th Ah, that makes the most sense actually because I was sure I'd used the Yandex translation hints on TestWiki in the past year. Nevertheless, if you can advise when this has been corrected, that'd be awesome. Thanks Dmehus (talk) 23:27, 22 January 2021 (UTC)
Miraheze was using a free API key given by a user (they cannot remember where they got it) which got expired in August of 2020. So I am not sure whether it is coming back. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 13:33, 23 January 2021 (UTC)

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── R4356th Ah, okay, thanks for the update. Yeah, we likely don't have the budget to pay for a premium API key. I thought I saw that the Translate extension has configuration variables that can work with either of Google Translate, Yandex Translate, Bing Translate, and possibly even Naver Translate? I wonder if either of those has a free plan, without usage limitations, that we could try. Dmehus (talk) 17:27, 23 January 2021 (UTC)

meatball

Ho ho ho,

meatball: links to http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?$1, but it is 301'ing to http://meatballwiki.org/wiki/$1. One less 301s are always better, so can we modify this?

Thanks. — revi 14:30, 26 January 2021 (UTC)

  Done,--MrJaroslavik (talk) 14:35, 26 January 2021 (UTC)

Translation administrator

I know I don't have many edits yet, but yes, the number of edits would increase if I had translation administrator rights: I could use them to translate pages and also mark them for translation. On my chat page, I was talking to a Miraheze user when I asked how I could help Miraheze and collaborate with others so if I understood correctly, translation was taken up. Therefore, I would like the rights of a translation administrator. Anton (talk) 20:20, 28 January 2021 (UTC)

Anton I'm not opposed to this, but which language(s) do you speak fluently or fairly fluently, and on which wiki(s) have you used the Translate extension? Thanks. Dmehus (talk) 20:23, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
I speak Swedish, Spanish and French, moderately English and Finnish well. I have learned Russian, but I do not know about than a couple of sentences. Yes, and I would use that Translate tool. In addition to this, I would mark the pages for translation - and I would translate them as well. --Anton (talk) 20:34, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
Anton I'm going to put this on hold for a week or two, at minimum, as I would like to see you doing some translations first in languages in which you're most fluent, doing translation reviews of existing translations, and experimenting with the translation administration tools on one of your wikis. How's that? Dmehus (talk) 20:39, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
While I am not an administrator, I would suggest you to become an active translator first. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 20:39, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
Yeah, that's what I was suggesting as well. Basically, you don't need translation administrator tools to translate. If you're active translating, you'll usually be invited to participate in fairly short order. Dmehus (talk) 20:43, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
Okay, you can grant me translator rights and later even a translation administrator :) it's good to go to traffic.  I am now really going to participate in Miraheze. Anton (talk) 20:47, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
You do not need the Translator rights to translate anything here! You can just visit Special:Translate or click the "Translate" button on any translatable page. I hope this helps. :) Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 20:50, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
Thank you!  This helped.  I got started! Anton (talk) 21:08, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
Anton   Great! I'll follow up with you in a couple weeks on your user talk page. Dmehus (talk) 01:23, 29 January 2021 (UTC)

FuzzyBot breaks bulleted lists

FuzzyBot breaks bulleted lists, see Special:Diff/159755 and Miraheze/eo for example. Why does this keep happening and what can we do about it? --Sabelöga (talk) 12:54, 30 January 2021 (UTC)

I am to blame for this, apparently. I updated the translation syntax which seems to have caused this. Having said that, we should always keep the syntax up to date from time to time. I will look into switching back to the previous one in a few hours. We should consider making an upstream task on Wikimedia Phabricator regarding this as well. Also a note for Interface Admins: it may be possible to fix the issue with CSS. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 13:46, 30 January 2021 (UTC)
@Sabelöga: Do you have a list of broken pages? Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 16:05, 30 January 2021 (UTC)
For what it's worth, I don't think R4356th's translation edits or administration is to blame for this. If I'm understanding correctly, this occurs when a translated source page is marked for translation. The Translate extension, via FuzzyBot, adds div with a Translate extension-specific CSS class that breaks bulleted lists. It's an upstream bug almost certainly, but usually what translators do is they just remove this special div the next time they go to update the translation subpage. Dmehus (talk) 16:18, 30 January 2021 (UTC)
What Dmehus said above seems right. Updating the syntax should had used another HTML element. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 17:56, 30 January 2021 (UTC)
Okay, so how does one manually update the translation syntax?
Also, I do think there is a fix to this as it doesn't seem to happen on MediaWiki.org where the syntax keeps the text on the same line which doesn't split the bullet from the text and prevents this from happening in the first place. --Sabelöga (talk) 07:28, 31 January 2021 (UTC)
Never mind the above: the text was aligned that way on the source page which caused the translation to get mangled when FuzzyBot added that syntax. This has been fixed on the discussed page. Oh, and can you @Dmehus: do the same on the Main Page? --Sabelöga (talk) 07:36, 31 January 2021 (UTC)

Request for Revoking the autopatrolled User Group from Incnis Mrsi

They have recently made some edits here which actions arguably constitute attacking other users which is obviously not acceptable. Even though their actions cannot be called vandalism, I (as a Meta patroller) think we should patrol their edits till we decide we are fine with them. Thank you. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 13:08, 7 February 2021 (UTC)

  Not done. This could've been considered, perhaps, but given that the user seems to have dropped the stick, I don't feel this is necessary at this time. We'll monitor the situation and take action accordingly. Dmehus (talk) 13:23, 7 February 2021 (UTC)
Alright. Thank you for looking into this anyway. :) Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 13:30, 7 February 2021 (UTC)

Special:MyLanguage in a system message

I recently saw the system message that says "Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies." "More information" "OK", the link directs to Privacy Policy#4. Cookies when it should direct to Special:MyLanguage/Privacy Policy#4. Cookies. (I don't know if this regards the Stewards, if it does please move this thread) --Sabelöga (talk) 06:25, 19 February 2021 (UTC)

I do no know how welcome this message is as I have not really done anything here in the last 24 hours but... this cannot be changed by Stewards or Meta administrators. This must be changed by a Sysadmin. I have made a pull request to change this. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 14:48, 19 February 2021 (UTC)
R4356th's pull request looks fine to me. I can't think of any reason why not to implement this change, as we're not even adding Special:MyLanguage in an interface message or anything, but yeah, to add to what R4356th said, if it cannot be changed on-wiki, then your best bet is to open a Phabricator task and a system administrator can consider implementing the change—after first determining if a community discussion is required or not. This is likely a very non-controversial change, as it only helps internationalize our cookie warning message. Additionally, any community volunteer can implement the change, as R4356th has done, and any system administrator can merge it. Dmehus (talk) 15:03, 19 February 2021 (UTC)
The change has been merged, by the way. It should be live by now. :) Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 17:10, 19 February 2021 (UTC)
It has, thanks very much :) Anyway, I should really learn how to use Phabricator, but I haven't gotten around to do that yet.. Sabelöga (talk) 20:45, 19 February 2021 (UTC)

Question about Content Policy/fr

En français c'est bourré de fautes de syntaxe --Zazoult (talk) 22:16, 22 February 2021 (UTC)

Zazoult Please note I have procedurally moved this question from Talk:Content Policy/fr as talk pages on Meta Wiki are infrequently monitored and because centralized discussion is preferred. In this case, Meta:Administrators' noticeboard is the best venue for this question, which translates from the French using Google Translate as, "In French it's full of syntax errors." Do you mean technical syntax errors, or language syntax errors? If the latter, I'd recommend reaching out to either HeartsDo, a French speaking translation administrator on Meta Wiki; Reception123, a French speaking administrator on Meta Wiki, or Gerdami, an active French speaking translator on Meta Wiki. They will likely need you to clarify your question a bit, though. If the former, can you clarify what sort of errors, possibly by way of linking to a specific diff, or quoting a brief example? Thanks. Dmehus (talk) 22:39, 22 February 2021 (UTC)
J'ai essayé de retraduire, parce que la synthaxe est très importante il faut quand même que çà soit compréhensible pour les éditeurs ou les créateurs surtout concernant les conditions générales de cette ferme de wiki. Zazoult (talk) 22:48, 22 February 2021 (UTC)
Merci Zazoult de vouloir améliorer la traduction française de cette page. Il en reste d'ailleurs beaucoup à traduire. Cependant, ";Ceci n'est pas une erreur de syntaxe", en effet, le ";" en début de phrase sert à placer une emphase sur le texte et ne demande ni espace ni minuscule. Cordialement, Gerdami (talk) 07:55, 23 February 2021 (UTC)
Zazoult Merci et j'ai juste fait changer comme l'a dit Gerdami, l'histoire du ";". Par contre, juste une dernière question pour savoir: Pourquoi "Politiques et réglementation" en titre pour "Content Policy" ? HeartsDo (Talk / Global / Wiki Creator) 12:22, 23 February 2021 (UTC)

Request for agreement with flood flag while templates maintenanance

Hello administrators, i want ask you if you agree with addition of flood flag to my account while i will continue with templates maintenance later in this week. I've noticed that my mass changes floods out RC, but some users may want have these edits in RC for transparency. Please do not take this as bothering and please do not reply with page about flood flag, it is not policy. I want your opinion :). Thank you,--MrJaroslavik (talk) 10:57, 1 March 2021 (UTC)

If you are doing trivial and repetitive tasks, I see absolutely no issue with you adding the flood flag in order to not spam RecentChanges Reception123 (talk) (C) 12:01, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
It is creation of docs, categorising, sometimes completely rewrite or deletein if its merged or not used, etc.--MrJaroslavik (talk) 12:27, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
I personally have no issues with this. While Meta:Flood flag is not a policy, it is a guideline of generally and widely accepted customs and practices. Template maintenance isn't specifically mentioned, but categorizing of templates and merging templates should generally be non-controversial. Rewriting depends on the level of rewriting, I think. I personally see no issue with adding flood to create documentation subpages, though others may not share this view. I would also just note that the flood flag does not suppress edits from RC on the IRC and Discord feeds; it would only affect on-wiki RC. Hope that helps. Dmehus (talk) 15:17, 1 March 2021 (UTC)

Request for Adding "Tools" to MediaWiki:Edittools

Please add these to MediaWiki:Edittools: <translate></translate> · <languages /> · {{#translation:}} · <tvar|></> · [[Special:MyLanguage/]]. Just for clarification, {{translation}} should be replaced by {{#translation:}}. Thank you. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 14:06, 1 March 2021 (UTC)

By the way, the Interface Administrators policy does not mention where to request this kind of changes. Could that page be updated and could someone clarify if I am at the right place, please? Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 14:10, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
R4356th This doesn't actually need a interface administrator, as any administrator on Meta can handle these requests. Interface administrators are only needed for edits to sitewide gadgets or CSS. In any case, Meta:Administrators' noticeboard is indeed the best location. Anyway, I've done this request, but your request is a bit unclear as I wasn't unsure if you only wanted {{#translation:}} replaced. If you wanted the other links added, can you please clarify where on the MediaWiki:Edittools page you want them added? Thanks. Dmehus (talk) 14:16, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
"your request is a bit unclear" Um... the topic or thread title states "Adding"? "If you wanted the other links added, can you please clarify where on the MediaWiki:Edittools page you want them added?" And why exactly? That should be admin-discretion. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 14:20, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
R4356th Well, I just don't want to break anything. Should it be added above the charinsert tags? Dmehus (talk) 14:25, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
When you dont want break anything, why not just leave it for someone else? There is no need to have it done in one minute after request...--MrJaroslavik (talk) 14:30, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
Please refer to this. Thank you. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 14:27, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
Okay, I've added it here. Presumably, we don't want to translate MediaWiki:Edittools, correct? So, I suppose we should discourage translations of that page? Dmehus (talk) 14:29, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
I think I've figured it out, so this seems to be   done now. Please advise if any further changes are needed / wanted. Dmehus (talk) 14:32, 1 March 2021 (UTC)

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── LGTM except for the fact that "·" is appearing as an edit tool which could be fixed. Also, using the nowiki tag was not needed as we could simply not mark the page for translation. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 14:35, 1 March 2021 (UTC)

True. I included · was included within your code tags, so assumed that meant you wanted it included. I'll remove that. That's true about the nowiki tag; on the other hand, it doesn't hurt anything to have it, in case a page was inadvertently marked for translation. Dmehus (talk) 14:38, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
I see. Thank you very much. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 14:53, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
No problem. Dmehus (talk) 15:11, 1 March 2021 (UTC)

Proposed policy for adding extensions and changing settings on Meta

Hello. For the community's information, I have drafted a local Meta RFC in order to resolve the contentious question of adding extensions/settings to Meta. Please check it out and let me know if you have feedback/add proposals before I submit it as an Request for Comment. DeeM28 (talk) 17:22, 1 March 2021 (UTC)

Candidate for patrollers.

Candidate for patrollers. Because I want to cooperate with the editing patrol. When I become a patrollers, I will mainly patrol Japanese editing. I think Japanese editing is safer if Japanese people go around. Also, sometimes I'm thinking of translating the edited content on google and going around the editing of foreigners. うざっきー (talk) 01:13, 5 March 2021 (UTC)

うざっきー Thank you for your interest in patrolling Special:RecentChanges and Special:NewPages, with a particular focus on Japanese pages. The only minor concern I would have is that you created, albeit in good-faith {{welcome}} user talk pages for users who've never contributed here. This was likely because we don't have any codified guidelines on when it's appropriate to welcome users. So, generally speaking, we prefer to only welcome users when they make their first constructive editing contribution to Meta. Secondarily, if you'll review the patroller guidelines, and indicate to me your understanding of them, asking any pertinent questions you may have, I can definitely consider onboarding you to the patroller team. Dmehus (talk) 01:18, 5 March 2021 (UTC)
thanks you. I read 「template:Patroller granted」. If you don't know what to do, you can check with the administrator.
Also, regarding pasting {{welcome}} templates to new users, every site that is always active "let's paste {{welcome}} to users who have posted records at least once." Because of the rule, if there was even one posting record, I would put it up and misunderstand it. I'm sorry. うざっきー (talk) 01:41, 5 March 2021 (UTC)
うざっきー That's completely understandable. You've demonstrated to me a capacity to accept and learn from constructive criticism of colleagues and other community members, which, to me, is most essential. Plus, we do need more Japanese patrollers and translators, so I'm going to   grant this request. I'll post the guidelines at User talk:うざっきー, and then grant the patroller group. Dmehus (talk) 01:45, 5 March 2021 (UTC)

Resigning My Patroller Right

I used to enjoy helping out with the right but due to excessive drama starting to happen recently, I am hereby resigning my Patroller rights. Maybe someday I may consider requesting this right if the situation gets better. Please remove my right. Thank you. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 16:10, 25 March 2021 (UTC)

Sad to see this. Will remove :/--MrJaroslavik (talk) 16:11, 25 March 2021 (UTC)
Thank you very much. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 16:14, 25 March 2021 (UTC)
This feels like a quite impulsive and rash move and that I don't really understand why disagreeing with someone (which is nothing odd) must result in resigning rights. People have their differences, no one will ever agree on everything, I don't quite see why a resignation is necessary. I appreciated your work as a patroller and find it a real shame that you have decide to resign this right over one discussion. Reception123 (talk) (C) 17:59, 25 March 2021 (UTC)

Request for crats

Dear Bureaucrats,

Can we get extended deadline of this request to prevent premature closure as some comments raised needs to be addressed before the closing?

Thank you,--MrJaroslavik (talk) 21:07, 9 April 2021 (UTC)

There is no fixed deadline for such requests. While there is a minimum period of 7 days for a request to stay open, there is no maximum period so it is at the discretion of a bureaucrat to close it, which will not be done if there is still activity. Having participated in the vote, I will in any case not be handling it myself, of course. Reception123 (talk) (C) 06:55, 10 April 2021 (UTC)
Sure, there's no fixed deadline, but it's been 14 days since it opened, someone might want to close it. I wanted to express that I would not agree with that.--MrJaroslavik (talk) 07:04, 10 April 2021 (UTC)

Personal attacks

FtosorciM has come here from Fandom to harass me, creating an inappropriate talk page, and personally attacking me. [1] [2] This needs to stop. Firestar464 (talk) 01:37, 16 April 2021 (UTC)

Firestar464 While I do agree that FtosorciM's personal drama-type comments on your user talk page and in unrelated venues needs to stop, this is a bit old, as the user was already advised at their user talk page to drop it, which they did here and here, so this very act of raising this issue at Meta:Administrators' noticeboard feels like rehashing an already dealt with issue. Therefore, I'd strongly advise both of you not to interact with each other going forward. (FtosorciM, please do not reply to this thread, as that will only keep the issue continuing.) Dmehus (talk) 01:42, 16 April 2021 (UTC)

Policy for the functioning of Meta

It is my belief as stated here that it will be beneficial to this project (Meta) to have a policy detailing current "conventions" and practices that are unwritten but are deemed to be policies of this wiki. The arguments in favour of such a proposal may be read by reading my comment that I link above but the main idea is that it would make things more clear and reduces disputes and it would also be a good thing for new users to be able to understand how Meta functions. I do not want to draft a proposed policy yet because I would first like to have some opinions about the idea. DeeM28 (talk) 12:49, 11 April 2021 (UTC)

DeeM28 This is indeed on my todo list, but I wouldn't describe this as a policy page documenting the non-codified conventions and practices, but rather a documentation or guideline page that describes them. I would begin the draft and others who've been here before me would edit and add to the draft, removing or modifying any items that are not considered to be widespread, non-codified conventions but rather customs. Hope that helps. Dmehus (talk) 13:07, 11 April 2021 (UTC)
I am not an admin but am going to boldly reply anyway. (I do not understand why this has been made here instead of CN.) So, first of all, we kind of fallback to Wikipedia policies whenever there is no local policy as those are widely recognised in the so-called "wiki universe". Now, to respond to your concern regarding disputes arising from confusion related to these conventions, people must have common sense. Everyone needs to be able to judge if doing something is right before following conventions taking the circumstances into consideration. In the same way, people should also not be saying stuff like "there is no policy on x so I am allowed to do y" (which is related to the background of this request). Besides, no matter how many pages policies are made, there will always be confusion. I am opposing this as a Mirahezian. (Sorry for the messy wording.) Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 13:39, 11 April 2021 (UTC)
DeeM28's choice of raising this request at Meta:Administrators' noticeboard, I believe, is the correct venue, as they're proposing to discuss a policy, guideline, or some sort of documentation on non-codified conventions and customs on Meta Wiki, not something which would be pan-Miraheze where community noticeboard would be more appropriate. Dmehus (talk) 13:44, 11 April 2021 (UTC)
Making this request here is discouraging input from community members in a way. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 14:01, 11 April 2021 (UTC)
I wouldn't say so. Meta:Administrators' noticeboard is watched by 167 page watchers, ~60 of which of viewed recent edits. Reception123 and I did discuss the prospect of a separate Meta:Community portal that would be used for local Meta only community discussions, but there would still be considerable overlap with Meta:Administrators' noticeboard. Secondarily, as that was the historical community noticeboard, we'd have to merge the historical discussions, presumably to Community noticeboard/Archive 1, before repurposing it as a local Meta community discussion board. Dmehus (talk) 14:07, 11 April 2021 (UTC)
To address the Community Noticeboard vs. Administrators Noticeboard the rationale is that while Meta is the central wiki for all Miraheze wikis it also has its own community and its own policies that only apply to Meta. Therefore I do not think that Meta-specific affairs should be discussed on Community Noticeboard which is for global Miraheze problems and discussions. If people are interested in Meta affairs and discussions I think it can be expected that they check this page. I do agree however that instead of "Administrators Noticeboard" there should be a noticeboard dedicated to Meta affairs like the Community portal Dmehus suggests.
Regarding the actual issue I do invite you to read my reply on Meta:Requests for permissions where I dispute the "common sense" principle, as it is relative and while one user may believe that what they are doing is "common sense" another user might disagree. What is the disadvantage of having a guideline page? (compared to the advantages I cite). A guideline or policy page cannot be perfect and will undoubtedly not cover everything but it can cover some ground and be useful to avoid confusion and for newcomers. Also, if I am not mistaken I remember a user complaining about the citation of Wikipedia policies and I do think that we do need our own identity and cannot solely rely on policies from Wikipedia which may or may not fit our purpose. DeeM28 (talk) 15:04, 11 April 2021 (UTC)
To add to what DeeM28 said above, in which I do think a guideline page would be helpful (and anyone could contribute to it and discuss revisions on the companion talk page), I would also add that I think there is a need, generally, for less rigidity and insistance on a certain way of editing. For example, it's a bit of curious irony that some users have lamented my citing English Wikipedia guidelines where no such guideline or policy exists as they, rightly, do suggest Miraheze is a completely separate global community from the Wikimedia community yet they cite English Wikipedia or other wiki editing patterns as the reason for why certain less conventional editing should not be done. I don't agree with everyone's edits, or even other administrators' deletions, but I very much value flexibility over rigidity and do appreciate cultural, stylistic, linguistic, grammatical, and other differences. Dmehus (talk) 15:14, 11 April 2021 (UTC)
My personal opinion is that it's probably not a bad thing to some guidelines for Meta (that would be discussed and agreed on) as it would make things more clear and not have people cite Wikipedia policies. While I don't necessarily think that it would change their behavior, it could be useful to have a guideline page that we could point users who struggle with our practices (commonly referred to as CIRs) to. Meta has very few policies and guidelines so I think it could be useful to work on some, and even something like a "Newcomer's guide" or something that could help someone new understand how Meta works. Reception123 (talk) (C) 15:26, 11 April 2021 (UTC)
DeeM28, I do not really get why you think I replied here without reading your comment on the linked RfP. I disagree with what has been said there. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 19:54, 11 April 2021 (UTC)
There really is not problem with lack of policies. There is problem with users that uses "there is not policy for <x>" or linking unrelated Wikipedia policies as excuses to everything. Here will not be policy to everything, but if someone want prepare some, i would support it.
Also, i am unaware there was such revocation request based on user behavior before. That also shows something. With this behavior, on WMF (Wikipedia) he would have his permissions revoked already, maybe would be banned... --MrJaroslavik (talk) 21:04, 11 April 2021 (UTC)
Well, let's be real here: I think a lot of us will benefit from the written guidelines much better and easier than ever before. DarkMatterMan4500 (talk) (contribs) 21:13, 11 April 2021 (UTC)
@DarkMatterMan4500: This is not a vote, this is a discussion. Please clarify why you support this. Thanks. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 13:47, 12 April 2021 (UTC)
R4356th I am aware that this isn't a vote, but the reason why I'm supporting this is simply because the rules should be not only more clear, but more subtle in order to rule out any possible clouding, and make this community even better than it is (or was) now. DarkMatterMan4500 (talk) (contribs) 13:26, 19 April 2021 (UTC)
I propose to try to create a draft guidelines page with things that I have observed here and after this people can make edits to it and comment expressing approval or disapproval of this guideline page. Does this proposal sound reasonable? DeeM28 (talk) 18:00, 22 April 2021 (UTC)

Request for autopatrolled right

Because I used to have it before I got locked, and I know the scope of Meta and help out. InspecterAbdel (talk) 18:51, 21 April 2021 (UTC)

InspecterAbdel Though you've had a few missed signatures and did start this good-faith though premature proposal, you do understand Meta's purpose and scope well and generally understand talk page guidelines, so this is   done, with those points for you to keep in mind. Dmehus (talk) 18:58, 21 April 2021 (UTC)
Thank you! InspecterAbdel (talk) 18:59, 21 April 2021 (UTC)

Edit Access for Autopatrolled Users in Board Pages

I have hit abuse filter 34 a few times trying to make minor changes to Board pages. I think autopatrolled users should be allowed to edit those pages. Could that be done, please? Thank you. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 17:47, 27 April 2021 (UTC)

It's been explicitly requested by the board that only the board that these pages are protected to prevent access. Autopatrolled is way too wide of a group for me so   Not done. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (on) 17:50, 27 April 2021 (UTC)
Yeah, you can just make an edit request on the companion talk page or Meta:Administrators' noticeboard. Dmehus (talk) 17:51, 27 April 2021 (UTC)
Only trusted users have autopatrolled. :-( I should not have to make a edit request here everytime I want to make small changes like adding relevant categories to Board pages. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 17:55, 27 April 2021 (UTC)
Yeah, I do agree it's kind of a pain, though it doesn't have to be a system administrator Meta administrator who can make these non-controversial minor edits; any administrator or even Owen, as he is exempt from the applicable abuse filter, can process these edit requests. I do try and monitor the abuse logs for good-faith edit requests, and would've done it as soon as I'd seen it. Anyway, I've   done this, and also added Category:Board to the previous month's board meeting minutes for consistency. Dmehus (talk) 18:30, 27 April 2021 (UTC)
I understand that's it's annoying to not be able to edit these pages, but they do contain important information and while autopatrolled users are in theory trustworthy it's not really hard to get the right in the end, and it could fairly easily be acquired by a user with malicious intentions. I would remind that global policies (i.e. Content Policy) are also protected at an administrator level. Reception123 (talk) (C) 18:49, 27 April 2021 (UTC)
Thanks for making the specific change, Dmehus.
@Reception123: I am not suggesting editing global policies at all. Pages like Board meeting minutes pages are supposedly not high traffic whereas pages like the CP are read by many people everyday. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 20:02, 27 April 2021 (UTC)
While perhaps minutes could be less high traffic and of less general importance than policies and official documents and therefore have a lesser protection level, it would be inconvenient to have to modify the AbuseFilter and add every single new page that's a policy. In my opinion it would probably be simpler for edit requests to be made if there's an issue with one of the pages, as that shouldn't be a very frequent occurence. The AbuseFilter system for protection may not be ideal, but it was decided that it worked better than granting Owen administrator simply for this purpose. Reception123 (talk) (C) 20:21, 27 April 2021 (UTC)

Interface-Admin from MrJaroslavik

Hello, please remove interface administrator permission from my account, thank you.--MrJaroslavik (talk) 20:22, 3 May 2021 (UTC)

  Done John (talk) 20:28, 3 May 2021 (UTC)

Prepare 2 categories for translation

Hey! Could any Translation administrator prepare the categories Category:System administrators and category:Wiki creators for translation? Thanks! --Anton (talk) 13:02, 17 May 2021 (UTC)

This seems reasonable, so   done. Dmehus (talk) 13:08, 17 May 2021 (UTC)

Question

Should DuchessTheSponge's talk page be protected?--Iron Sword 23 (talk) 20:28, 21 May 2021 (UTC)

I don't personally think it's necessary at this point, as it was just one instance of vandalism, and the vandalism only accounts have been   locked from logging in. Dmehus (talk) 20:32, 21 May 2021 (UTC)
Okay. Iron Sword 23 (talk) 20:35, 21 May 2021 (UTC)

Template:Nospam and Template:@

These 2 templates do basically the same thing and IMO should be merged together. Template:@ is older, so the full address functionality should be added to that and then Template:Nospam redirected to Template:@. MacFan4000 (Talk Contribs) 14:43, 24 May 2021 (UTC)

Per my comments at Template talk:Nospam, Template:Nospam does include parameters, which code the e-mail address as {{nospam|user|example.com}} whereas Template:@ codes as user{{@}}example.com. For spambots reading the source code of the page, the latter may provide enhanced anti-spam harvesting capabilities. So, for that reason, I'd oppose a simple redirect of the former into the latter; however, I would support a merger of the two templates, provided the former's parameters can be added to the latter without breaking the latter. Dmehus (talk) 14:58, 24 May 2021 (UTC)
For greater clarity, by former, I mean Template:Nospam and by latter I mean Template:@. Dmehus (talk) 15:00, 24 May 2021 (UTC)
This has now been   completed by MacFan4000, primarily, and myself, with thanks to him for his work. Dmehus (talk) 16:31, 24 May 2021 (UTC)

Update the Interwiki Table

The global interwiki table needs some updates:
wikimedia: The WMF replaced wikimediafoundation.org with a Wordpress site a good amount of time ago. The wiki now lives at https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Home.
kmwiki: http://kmwiki.wikispaces.com/ cannot be reached.
krebswiki: The wiki has been deleted and Miraheze now has the mh pseudo-interwiki prefix now. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 13:49, 1 June 2021 (UTC)

Two removed, one updated. Please let me know if i made mistake or something.--MrJaroslavik (talk) 14:14, 1 June 2021 (UTC)
Looks good to me. Thank you! Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 14:22, 1 June 2021 (UTC)

Request for Deleting All Translations By Shaunak Chakraborty

All the translations done by @Shaunak Chakraborty: are filled with issues. They have many formatting issues and I suspect those are instances of unedited machine translation. Considering they have made 628 edits in the Translations namespace, I think a Phabricator task should be created requesting this instead of trying to do this monotonous work by hand. Thank you. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 11:52, 7 April 2021 (UTC)

Bump. If nobody objects within the next 48 hours, I am going to proceed with this and request deletion on Phabricator. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 06:50, 10 April 2021 (UTC)
I'm not sure if it's a good idea to simply declare all of someone's translations as problematic and order a complete purge. I think the user should at least be given a chance to defend themselves first, and 48 hours would not be enough. So I propose we wait and see what @Shaunak Chakraborty: has to say about these allegations. Reception123 (talk) (C) 06:56, 10 April 2021 (UTC)
@Reception123: It will be about 72 hours since this request has been created. As you can see, I have taken care to ping the user in question above. But if you still want, I am okay with waiting till 14th April. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 08:02, 10 April 2021 (UTC)
R4356th Don't you feel that deleting someone's work is simply insulting the user's hardwork. If you feel that the translations are not correct then mention the pages which needs correction. I will rectify each an every page which you will mention. Shaunak Chakraborty (talk)
@Shaunak Chakraborty: Hi, thank you for your reply. First of all, this request is not meant to insult anyone and I appreciate everyone's translation work. It is just unedited machine translation that I hate. Now, there are a lot of issues in your translations and I think you would be better off starting from the beginning. Nevertheless, I have made an incomplete list of such pages here. Please expect the list to be expanded later. Thank you. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 10:51, 10 April 2021 (UTC)
Also, please consider adding a timestamp to your signature. Signatures without timestamps will cause errors after we upgrade to MW 1.36. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 10:53, 10 April 2021 (UTC)
I agree with Reception123 here. I'm quite uncomfortable with a Phabricator task merely to delete all translations on the basis of being suspected machine translations, particularly with the user in question never having been guided as to our approach to translations. Machine translations, while somewhat problematic for native speakers, are not terrible, and can nonetheless be improved upon. We also don't know whether all or some of them were unedited machine translations, too. So, while I'm not opposed to deleting some poor quality translations, I would rather identify a list of pages, post them here (or in a subsequent thread on here), and delete them in the normal course and method—that is to say, by marking the pages for deletion and having FuzzyBot process the applicable deletions. Dmehus (talk) 13:06, 10 April 2021 (UTC)
Perhaps my usage of the word "suspected" was not strong enough/did not provide enough context. If you check the list of pages I have created, it will be clear to you why I have said that. "particularly with the user in question never having been guided as to our approach to translations" Hmm? Have you checked their talk page? I left a message months ago. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 14:37, 10 April 2021 (UTC)
No follow up at all from @Shaunak Chakraborty:. Could we proceed with deletion, please? Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 14:32, 21 April 2021 (UTC)
R4356th I'm not willing to consider a Phabricator mass deletion as you originally proposed, but if there are specific pages you can list which are either (a) not translations, (b) barely started translations (i.e., less than 30% completed), or which otherwise have issues, please list them here, and we can consider deletion on a case-by-case basis. Dmehus (talk) 14:40, 21 April 2021 (UTC)
Why? I thought I made it clear that almost all if not all translations have issues. It would be a waste of our time if we wanted to "consider deletion on a case-by-case basis". Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 14:43, 21 April 2021 (UTC)
R4356th Well, for one thing, case by case basis doesn't mean one page at a time. You can still list multiple pages in this thread, but I want to see clear and specific issues necessitating deletion. Machine translations on their own are not prohibited, provided they've been done in good-faith, and there's no indication Shaunak Chakraborty's translations were not done in good-faith. They can be improved upon by other native Hindi speakers. Dmehus (talk) 14:46, 21 April 2021 (UTC)
@Shaunak Chakraborty did reply above previously, so I'm inclined to at least give them another chance to further respond to you (perhaps link specific pages) rather than proceeding to a full purging of all their work. They might have issues but I would still feel uncomfortable with dismissing another translator's work without hearing more from them first. I also find it quite problematic that it is said to be a "suspicion" and not certainty regarding the translations being machine translations. Reception123 (talk) (C) 14:54, 21 April 2021 (UTC)
@Dmehus: I am well aware of the fact that using machine translation is not prohibited. I myself use it. My concern is that Shaunak Chakraborty's translations are unedited and have a lot of issues anyone can notice even without knowledge of Hindi. One of the first things you see when you visit a new website should never be messy translation. Trust me, that is a very unpleasant experience.
@Reception123: "@Shaunak Chakraborty did reply above previously, so I'm inclined to at least give them another chance to further respond to you (perhaps link specific pages)" Hmm? I linked an incomplete list of pages above. "I also find it quite problematic that it is said to be a "suspicion" and not certainty regarding the translations being machine translations." Something I said above- Perhaps my usage of the word "suspected" was not strong enough/did not provide enough context. If you check the list of pages I have created, it will be clear to you why I have said that. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 17:57, 21 April 2021 (UTC)
R4356thOh! I am extremely sorry I will look into this as soon as possible. Actually, for 2 weeks, I'm working with COVID relief teams management, organizations and extremely busy in that which is, of course, my first priority, please excuse me for some time. Shaunak Chakraborty (talk) 19:35, 22 April 2021 (UTC)
No problem. Thank you for responding. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 20:43, 22 April 2021 (UTC)
@Shaunak Chakraborty: Updates, please. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 11:46, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
...--MrJaroslavik (talk) 19:40, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
@Shaunak Chakraborty: please respond. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 19:29, 18 June 2021 (UTC)

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── R4356th, hello. Given the other concerns against Shaunak Chakraborty at Stewards' noticeboard and his inability to respond to the discussion even after nearly two months, I would say that we should follow the procedure given by the Dmehus here. Mazzaz (talk) 07:04, 19 June 2021 (UTC)

Mazzaz It's critically important that we not link two separate requests together and attempt to draw any correlation between two separate issues. Potential copyright violations are one thing, which would require urgent action (generally, deletion). While Shaunak Chakraborty has not responded to this thread, Reception123 and I have asked R4356th for verifiable evidence of machine translations beyond mere hunches as we must remember to assume good faith here. As well, given that Shaunak Chakraborty is a native Hindi speaker, I see no evidence that his translations, especially the Hindi translations, were unedited machine translations. Moreover, even if some translations were unedited machine translations, there are couple issues with this, one technical and one philosophical. On the technical issue, not all translations were either created or edited exclusively by Shaunak Chakraborty, so it is problematic to delete the contributions of others. On the philosophical issue, I don't see a massive need, or indeed any need at all, to proceed with a full-scale mass deletion of translations. For one thing, Angelo Pisani, and other translators, have identified specific machine translations of other users, and they just   correct the translations by updating them. If there are specific translation pages that are particularly problematic or gibberish, those can be identified via this noticeboard and deleted on a case-by-case basis by FuzzyBot. Dmehus (talk) 14:23, 19 June 2021 (UTC)
Yes. An example I've corrected some translations of User:IL Traduttore like "autopattinati" for autopatrolled. the correct word is autoverificati. Angelo Pisani (talk) 17:26, 19 June 2021 (UTC)
Ah no. it was User:Integer who have translated this word but also IL Traduttore have used some automatic translators. Angelo Pisani (talk) 17:29, 19 June 2021 (UTC)

Bukkit's Request for Patroller

Hello administrators, I would like to become a patroller to patrol new edits to help the Meta wiki and make the wiki a place for constructive edits, and for people with good intentions. Bukkit (talk) (C) 20:32, 1 June 2021 (UTC)

I'm sure a steward would agree. Iron Sword 23 (talk) 20:34, 1 June 2021 (UTC)
Iron Sword 23 He only had that account for 3 weeks, subtracting the 7 months and 3 weeks since he's had his old account that has since been locked by self-request dating all the way back to October 23rd, 2020. We'll just have to wait for a Steward to make a unanimous decision on that. DarkMatterMan4500 (talk) (contribs) 20:42, 1 June 2021 (UTC)
That's what I said. Iron Sword 23 (talk) 20:44, 1 June 2021 (UTC)
Thank you for your request. While I'm not opposed to it, I do think this needs a bit more activity on Meta Wiki and a concentrated focus on remembering to sign all talk page and noticeboard posts, assisting users on the noticeboards, etc. With a few more weeks and assisting users on the noticeboards, I'd be inclined to grant this request. Dmehus (talk) 22:35, 1 June 2021 (UTC)
Alright. Bukkit (talk) (C) 15:32, 2 June 2021 (UTC)

Add Link to AN or TA Info Page to MediaWiki:Translate-tag-hasnew

That will be helpful for those who do not know whom to contact to get the page marked for translation. You may wish to see Wikidata's method for inspiration. Thank you. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 15:30, 7 June 2021 (UTC)

This seems reasonable, so has now been   done. Indeed, I used the Wikidata interface message page for inspiration, but adapted it a bit. Feel free to suggest any other changes. Dmehus (talk) 16:04, 7 June 2021 (UTC)
"make post a request" does not really make sense. It should say either "make" or "post", not both. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 04:04, 8 June 2021 (UTC)
Also, the second sentence is missing a period. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 04:04, 8 June 2021 (UTC)
Fixed?--MrJaroslavik (talk) 05:38, 8 June 2021 (UTC)
Yes. Thank you both. :) Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 09:30, 8 June 2021 (UTC)
Thanks for the suggested wording/grammar fix. The latter sentence was indeed a bit awkward, and I contemplated writing it, but thought I'd just open it up to suggested changes anyway. Dmehus (talk) 14:55, 8 June 2021 (UTC)

Error publishing translation

I tried to create a Finnish translation for Category:Board (so Category:Board/fi) but it failed. The reason is AbuseFilter (see log for me). Can any of the administrators create a page Category:Board/fi with content Luokka:Hallitus (in Finnish, board mean hallitus). --Anton (talk) 17:06, 7 June 2021 (UTC)

Anton Yeah, we've got to either fine tune that abuse filter, or go back to manually blacklisting certain Board pages from editing. The latter is a bit more work as meeting notes and agendas are posted, but I do favour that option. I'll try and take time to do that tomorrow. Dmehus (talk) 01:51, 8 June 2021 (UTC)
Okay. Thanks for reply. Anton (talk) 08:04, 8 June 2021 (UTC)

Question

Can a steward check out this user talk page? https://meta.miraheze.org/wiki/User_talk:Pugsleyfan69420 Iron Sword 23 (talk) 00:35, 17 June 2021 (UTC)

Thank you.   Handled. For future reference, a Meta administrator should be capable of handling this. Dmehus (talk) 00:54, 17 June 2021 (UTC)
Okay. Iron Sword 23 (talk) 00:54, 17 June 2021 (UTC)

Can you please give me admin?

I want to become an administrator of Miraheze. Jeffersonkendric (talk) 12:03, 16 July 2021 (UTC)

Highly unlikely at this time. If you really want it, show up around, comment, lend support and be a known figure around Miraheze. It's a bit of a road to getting permissions; if/when you feel confident, you can make a request here. But again I strongly do not suggest it now. It takes community consensus and current administrator approval, and right now the first hurdle is for the Meta community to know you, then trust you. Double what I just said if you meant administrator of Miraheze, as in something like steward. --Raidarr (talk) 12:39, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
@Jeffersonkendric: Indeed, as Raidarr pointed out, you need to contribute more before you can become a sysop or a Steward. If you're interested in contributing, visit the Contributing page. There are many opportunities available for you if you wish so. Agent Isai Talk to me! 01:37, 18 July 2021 (UTC)
Agent Isai Another thing to point out is that it also takes a lot of knowledge, like the wiki's source code and programming language (although not all Stewards know all the programming out there, but CAN patrol whatever wikis they can bet an eyelash on, though). DarkMatterMan4500 (talk) (contribs) 01:42, 18 July 2021 (UTC)
@Agent Isai and DarkMatterMan4500: This is essentially a dead thread; please stop replying and let Revibot archive this. Thank you. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 14:01, 18 July 2021 (UTC)
Also, I am not sure why programming knowledge would be required for admins. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 14:01, 18 July 2021 (UTC)

Ugochimobi's RfP

I am Requesting Interface Administrator and Patroller
The main reason is 1) Per Interface Admin, I want to help create some MediaWiki messages that appear when a particular page is protected and also respective of the protection level. 2) Per Patroller, I want to help patrol pages on META and also curb vandalism as much as is humanly possible, I have personally created a script to help Patrollers and Rollbackers to UNDO changes that are vandalism. The script can be found at User:Ugochimobi/undo.
I await a grant from any META Admin. Thanks. Ugochimobi (talk) 20:33, 21 July 2021 (UTC)

  Patroller granted ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (on) 21:51, 21 July 2021 (UTC)
@RhinosF1: Many thanks✓ Ugochimobi (talk) 21:56, 21 July 2021 (UTC)
IA is crat-only for granting. Please consider enabling 2FA though first :) ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (on) 21:58, 21 July 2021 (UTC)
@RhinosF1: Yeah, I have that now. Ugochimobi (talk) 22:38, 21 July 2021 (UTC)

Candidate for translation administrators

Startus (talk • contribs • page moves • block log • CA • rights log • global rights log • abuselog • farmer log • block)
Hello, I am mazzaz and as observed from the heading, I am requesting the translation admin flag. I have been active on meta since when I joined Miraheze, translating from English to Urdu. I can translate from urdu to English as well. I have read Meta:Translation administrators and have some knowledge to help out being a translation admin. Thanks for the consideration, ~ Mazzaz (talk) 07:33, 28 July 2021 (UTC)

  Done ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (on) 07:36, 28 July 2021 (UTC)

Help!

Hello, please check CommentStreams:Sandbox. I was experimenting with the page changing the content model and now I cannot delete it. Can someone help me please? Thanks. 54nd60x (talk) 13:01, 30 July 2021 (UTC)

@54nd60x: Checking... Ugochimobi (talk) 13:16, 30 July 2021 (UTC)
@54nd60x: According to the Page history, You changed the content model of the page from Javascript to wikitext, well, I wonder how you created it with a javascript content model. I know for sure that when you change the content model of a page, You can no longer edit its former revisions. But it's currently showing Action edit is not allowed on comment pages. because Editing, deleting, and moving comment pages by visiting them in the CommentStreams namespace is disabled. Ugochimobi (talk) 13:23, 30 July 2021 (UTC)
@Ugochimobi: So... how do I get it deleted? I know I can uninstall the extension, but uninstalling it will leave a nasty page (i.e. Special:Badtitle/NS844:Sandbox) but I don't know how to get rid of it. 54nd60x (talk) 13:37, 30 July 2021 (UTC)
Note: I just noticed that editing the page with Minerva skin on mobile view for some reason does work. 54nd60x (talk) 13:54, 30 July 2021 (UTC)
@54nd60x: According to what I said above, pages in the CommentStream namespace can not be deleted because it is disabled for everyone, like from the MediaWiki itself. I don't really know how it's possible for you to have been able to edit it using Minerva skin but since you can, then try deleting it using the Minerva skin and see if it'll work. Ugochimobi (talk) 14:05, 30 July 2021 (UTC)
Well, I just tried on my end using the Minerva skin and I couldn't even edit it. Ugochimobi (talk) 14:08, 30 July 2021 (UTC)

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────@Ugochimobi: To edit the page, I used the Minerva skin on mobile view ("Mobile view" has to be clicked at the bottom of the page.) I couldn't delete it using Mobile view Minerva skin, but I really want the page to be gone. If it cannot be deleted, then there should have been no way for me to be able to edit it (that includes changing content model) in the first place. To my knowledge, changing the content model of a restricted page gives an error, but why did this not? And if it can't be deleted, then what should I do to get rid of that page on my site? 54nd60x (talk) 14:14, 30 July 2021 (UTC)

@54nd60x: I can assure you that you can not delete that page, except it's possible you file a Phabricator task asking the System administrators to see if they can delete that page from your wiki's database, that might help only if possible. Ugochimobi (talk) 14:26, 30 July 2021 (UTC)

Vandalbot

I make clear we have a situation here! Some inventive vandal/troll experiment (for the first time on Nonciclopedia) a new way to distrupt peace on the site… I just want to signal in case you want update BANBOT in future! ;) Executive2 (talk) 13:40, 2 August 2021 (UTC)

I have a strange feeling that Da Nonciclopedia, l'enciclopedia liberalizzata (ma solo in Olanda). might either (a) be a potential sockmaster to the other 3 vandals, (b) a potential LTA, or (c) another sockpuppet. I'd wait for Void to make his move. DarkMatterMan4500 (talk) (contribs) 13:44, 2 August 2021 (UTC)

Request for Translation Administrator

Hello, I am requesting translation administrator rights on this wiki because I want to assist in marking pages for translation. I know sometimes translation administrators are busy so I want to assist in helping them. Me and some other volunteers want to/are currently embarking on a mission to update many outdated pages which may possibly mean that once a new article revision is marked for translation, a new edit may comes through which changes the page and causes the page to be out of sync with all other versions of the page in different languages. I know having to keep up on top of all of these changes would be an undue burden for the current translation administrators for which I want to help in alleviating this. Thank you! Agent Isai Talk to me! 22:41, 2 August 2021 (UTC)

  Done. I was actually going to reach out to you to try and recruit you for this role, as you're very active doing translations, even before you requested wiki creator. Thanks for volunteering! :) Dmehus (talk) 03:11, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
@Dmehus: Thank you for taking me into consideration for this too! I do hope to be able to help the Miraheze community by updating pages and by translating pages. Once again, thank you for the opportunity. :) Agent Isai Talk to me! 03:22, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
No problem. :) Dmehus (talk) 03:26, 3 August 2021 (UTC)

Translations in sardu

Hello could please somebody delete my translations in sardu, i've created them erroneously.--Angelo Pisani (talk) 17:42, 4 August 2021 (UTC)

@Angelo Pisani: Hello. Do you mean all translations in "sc" language you've created?--MrJaroslavik (talk) 21:41, 4 August 2021 (UTC)
@MrJaroslavik: yes. Angelo Pisani (talk) 21:43, 4 August 2021 (UTC)
It should be done. Let me know if i made some mistake or so.--MrJaroslavik (talk) 22:05, 4 August 2021 (UTC)
Thank you :) Angelo Pisani (talk) 14:49, 5 August 2021 (UTC)

Update AF #34

Right now, it blocks any edits on pages that contain the word "Board" in the title. This blocks translations as reported on Discord/IRC by Mazzaz. It should be modified to check for the namespace. Thank you. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 15:36, 7 August 2021 (UTC)

The best solution here is to go back to blacklisting the specific board subpages. Unfortunately, this will mean updating the abuse filter quarterly, to blacklist the newly-added board meeting agendas and meeting minutes. Dmehus (talk) 18:45, 7 August 2021 (UTC)
That would be silly as you yourself admit; making Owen an administrator would be a better idea, IMO. Anyway, this should be a trivial change for now. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 03:44, 8 August 2021 (UTC)
Bump. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 10:47, 15 August 2021 (UTC)
Well, that was tried before but it was felt he didn't need sysop for a very limited use case. Potentially we could ask that Owen use his Owen role account to edit any Board subpages. I wouldn't want to expect that, but if he were willing to do that, then I'd certainly support that 100%, and we could then sysop protect the appropriate Board subpages. Dmehus (talk) 03:31, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
Right but for now, could we please stop talking about "if"s and focus on the present situation? This is a trivial non-controversial change that would fix issues with translations. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 11:45, 26 August 2021 (UTC)
I would also support to make Owen (Miraheze) a limited administrator for updating those pages. The abuse filter has stopped me from translating board pages many times. --Mazzaz (talk) 13:30, 26 August 2021 (UTC)
Another option is to create a custom board-member group here on meta, and also create a custom board-edit protection level, and so both admins and board members can edit. MacFan4000 (Talk Contribs) 15:59, 26 August 2021 (UTC)
  Done by Void in a different way. Redmin 3,571 Local Contributions Logged Actions CentralAuth (talk) 16:37, 31 August 2021 (UTC)
Technically this change does enforce a namespace check. Instead of just checking if the page name (not including the namespace) includes "Board/", it performs a regex check against the full page title (including namespace) for "^Board/" (which enforces that "Board/" is the start of the title). -- Void Whispers 21:24, 31 August 2021 (UTC)

Request for Patroller

Greetings. I'm pulling a w:WP:BEBOLD and seeking this right. I believe I understand the principles of Meta well enough and am around often enough to competently review edits and clean things up where necessary, including the good-faith additions of users who are unaware of the colloquial discussion habits we use (signatures, proper spacing, backspacing, deletion template/good process for dramatic content and so on). I can't promise I won't make the rare mixup myself, but where it is made I believe I am very likely to instantly correct it. So I believe I have achieved the familiarity needed to perform these tasks at least. I assume this right does not give me jurisdiction to close topics, edit out messages, judge deletion template usage or other administrative tasks, though I believe I could revert them if a non-admin attempts to do them. Thank you for your consideration. --Raidarr (talk) 12:44, 29 August 2021 (UTC)

  Done per your above rationale. Thank you for your wanting to volunteer in some capacity. Please see the main patrol guidelines. Dmehus (talk) 02:17, 30 August 2021 (UTC)

Citizen skin on Meta

Though Citizen skin is available on Miraheze it's not enabled on Meta. I want to use it here because it looks modern and it is also configurable and responsive. WerySkok (talk) 21:51, 8 September 2021 (UTC)

I don't see why not. Support from me Joritochip (talk) 01:13, 9 September 2021 (UTC)
No need for votes. We can easily enable a skin so individuals can use it. It just needs someone with ManageWiki access. A change like this doesn't really affect anyone other than those who explicitly opt for it to be their skin. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (on) 07:12, 9 September 2021 (UTC)
Hopefully this can be undertaken soon. Agent Isai Talk to me! 02:24, 8 October 2021 (UTC)

Rollback request

As here is having a lot of vandalism lately done by malicious, I need this tool, as I like to use recent Meta changes to revert it and send it to PQP.   (talk) 19:53, 3 October 2021 (UTC)

  Not done, no demonstrated need on meta. I see no use of the undo tool or twinkle to revert vandalism in your last 100 edits. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (on) 20:20, 3 October 2021 (UTC)
@RhinosF1: You are mistaken and totally wrong my friend. I recently removed a vandalism using the undo button on a talk page, where the malicious person placed nonsense texts   (talk) 23:22, 3 October 2021 (UTC)
Please link to the diff ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (on) 05:55, 4 October 2021 (UTC)
  Comment: Well I am not opposed to this, but you only have done two undos here – on the talk pages of Void (diff) and Doug (diff). The latter one is the only undo you've done to combat vandalism. I'd suggest you to install the Twinkle or (maybe) this script and use it for some time and come back. The rest is upto the admins. Thanks. --Magogre (talk) 07:27, 4 October 2021 (UTC)
Magogre Really. But I stated that, I constantly look at recent Meta changes, but here there is barely vandalism, and when I find it, someone has already revert or reverted!   (talk) 19:23, 4 October 2021 (UTC)
In that case I would argue you've demonstrated that there is no need to posses these rights. --Raidarr (talk) 21:50, 4 October 2021 (UTC)

Request for rollback

I am requesting rollback here on Meta to help me better combat spam. After seeing the previous request made here, it made me think of ways to help better combat spam in light of the recent influx of spam we've seen here on Meta. I have previously used Twinkle's Rollback feature and the Undo button but I believe that by having the ability to rollback edits, I would be able to better combat any spam encountered here on Meta by not having to navigate so many prompts to rollback and undo spam, especially if the spam affects multiple pages. Thank you. Agent Isai Talk to me! 21:08, 3 October 2021 (UTC)

I might further suggest to consider Agent for Patroller, given his tendency to keep up on the latest and be aware of changes at times well before I reach them. --Raidarr (talk) 22:25, 3 October 2021 (UTC)
I'm going to mark this as   not done as I'm not really seeing a real need, as we do have a number of fairly active administrators and rollbackers. Twinkle's pseudo-rollback feature works reasonably well, though I personally prefer BrandonXLF's Restorer script. (See global.js.) Dmehus (talk) 03:56, 8 October 2021 (UTC)
@Dmehus: I completely agree that we have fairly active administrators but what prompted this was an incident on the day that this request was filed, October 3rd, in which a user vandalized various pages and created several more (now deleted) pages and was banned roughly an hour after they began to vandalize. While I agree that Twinkle's pseudo-rollback works rather well, it can be a little time consuming to go into the page history, the revision and then having to click "Rollback" at the top. Another case which also inspired me to create this request was another incident on September 25th in which 2 (1, 2) IP editors vandalized the Stewards' noticeboard over 23 times. While the IP editors were banned, I believe rollback would've been beneficial to me in those cases to revert the vandalism faster than if I had to go into the diff, click revert, wait for Twinkle to do its thing on my end, and such. While not a big inconvenience having to use Twinkle, it would be better in terms of reverting vandalism faster than having to use undo (which is rendered null sometimes if another edit supersedes it) or Twinkle's pseudo-rollback. Agent Isai Talk to me! 04:40, 8 October 2021 (UTC)
Agent Isai Thanks. I'm not sure that rollback would've been useful in the case of SobellSobea, which, I assume, may possibly be related to SobySobea that proceeded to vandalize pages when their self-requested global lock had yet been effected (as it was awaiting clarification at the time). Or, it could be a copycat vandalism only account with a strikingly similar username. Either way, this account was clearly not here to behave in a constructive fashion. I digress, though, as these were mostly vandalism page creations, which rollback wouldn't have helped. Potentially, it could've been helpful in the case of the IP user. I'm not opposed to this, but we do tend to grant rollback rather sparingly. Let's set this aside for a month or two, and if there are similar instances to the IP user, {{ping}} me somewhere, and I'll reconsider, with a view to granting. Dmehus (talk) 05:03, 8 October 2021 (UTC)
@Dmehus: Completely understandable, thank you. Agent Isai Talk to me! 05:16, 8 October 2021 (UTC)

Translation administrators

I wanted to be a translator admin, because there are many pages in a missing language, but I can't create. I want to create because: there are a lot of pages about languages that few people speak, but there are hardly any pages in the Portuguese language version, which is spoken by more than 260 million people.   (talk) 19:23, 4 October 2021 (UTC)

Translation admins are able to mark pages for translation but anyone can translate pages into any language, simply click "Translate this page" on the top of any translatable page. You don't need to be translation admin to be able to translate or create new translations. Agent Isai Talk to me! 19:29, 4 October 2021 (UTC)
As Agent said above, translation administrator flag isn't needed to translate a page. It gives users the ability to mark pages for translation with other things listed here. You can always translate any page using the translation tool to any language you want even to Portuguese, if you know the language. --Magogre (talk) 04:52, 5 October 2021 (UTC)

Create MediaWiki:Grouppage-autopatrolled

Hello. Please create MediaWiki:Grouppage-autopatrolled with {{ns:Project}}:Autopatrolled users as it's content. Thank you! --Magogre (talk) 07:48, 16 October 2021 (UTC)

I'm working on a generic page for autopatrolled users, which we can use to restore the global MirahezeMagic group pages, and should be done shortly. Meta's autopatrolled group is a bit different, so we can still have a local autopatrolled group page to override that, but I'd rather have the former in place before the latter. So marking this as   will be done eventually. Thanks. Dmehus (talk) 17:16, 16 October 2021 (UTC)

A redirect was unfairly deleted

I created the redirect User:Bluetigerelevenblue because Bluetigerelevenblue is my former username and I wanted to have a redirect. However, someone requested it for deletion because it was a non-existent user, so I stated the exact reason I created the page on the talk page to challenge the deletion. However, Delete page script deleted it anyway. What should I do about this? FatBurn0000 (talk) 07:57, 21 October 2021 (UTC)

Restored, I didn't notice your challenge to the deletion. Delete page script was me, I couldn't get the script to use my username. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (on) 08:15, 21 October 2021 (UTC)

please restore the wiki to test wiki or help fix the issue casuing the deletion

hello,

how can I restore the wiki? test wiki is great, please assist.

thank you in advance Rz (talk) 10:09, 25 October 2021 (UTC)

No idea why thread was moved from my talk page but   Already done ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (on) 10:10, 25 October 2021 (UTC)

Patroller

Hello! I would like to have the patroller flag to easily doing RC patrolling. アンジェロ先輩 (talk) 18:36, 31 October 2021 (UTC)

Thanks for volunteering.   In process.... Dmehus (talk) 18:45, 31 October 2021 (UTC)
  Done. Dmehus (talk) 18:49, 31 October 2021 (UTC)

Patroller request

As the request above, i think it would also be great to schedule some edits for patrolling, because I like to look at recent changes often, throwing in a little bit of my time to see what's going on. YellowFrogger (Talk Edits) 01:44, 1 November 2021 (UTC)

YellowFrogger,   Done, per your request, and, though we're pretty well stocked in terms of English language patrollers, we can always use more multilingual patrollers. Please do see the main patroller guidelines, and note that regular patrolling activity is expected. Thank you for volunteering. Dmehus (talk) 03:12, 1 November 2021 (UTC)

Template:Stewards/styles.css

Hello. Please delete Template:Stewards/styles.css because it is a TemplateStyles page with no corresponding template which was deleted by MrJaroslavik. Thanks. --Magogre (talk) 08:50, 1 November 2021 (UTC)

Magogre   Done. Thank you for your report, and for your patrolling! :) Dmehus (talk) 03:48, 11 November 2021 (UTC)

Gazetteer of Wikis

Please mark it for translation because the latest iteration is outdated in terms of translation and will need to be brought up to date. Ugochimobi (talk) 17:46, 3 November 2021 (UTC)

@Ugochimobi:   Done Agent Isai Talk to me! 18:01, 3 November 2021 (UTC)

Add some css to common.css

Can you add this code to common.css?
/* Used by Template:Always blue */
.linknounderline:hover {
  text-decoration: none;
}

It's for this template (the link is blue but the underline when hover is still not blue). I don't know if this will work but ok lol

I need to request for common.css to be edited because hover effects isn't possible in inline css Anpang Talk 07:01, 11 November 2021 (UTC)

Anpang I believe we have the TemplateStyles extension enabled on Meta Wiki, so you should be able create Template:Always blue/styles.css, no? Dmehus (talk) 07:13, 11 November 2021 (UTC)
Oh didn't notice it was installed, sorry Anpang Talk 07:14, 11 November 2021 (UTC)
No problem. Let me know if you have any further issues with it. Dmehus (talk) 07:15, 11 November 2021 (UTC)

Why you delete my page?

Why my page is dleted EscxarthurWikiFinlandKonna (talk) 14:55, 11 November 2021 (UTC)

To answer your question: It's out-of-scope, and I do believe it's best if you request a wiki using the Special:RequestWiki feature. DarkMatterMan4500 (talk) (contribs) 14:57, 11 November 2021 (UTC)
Issue is resolved; there was confusion about the scope of Meta and where to put his information on a contest he's holding. It was a little messy, but via Discord he has been informed about Meta's scope and the process of wiki creation, and has since made a wiki to place the content. --Raidarr (talk) 15:43, 11 November 2021 (UTC)

Autopatrol

Hello I think that there isn't any need to patrol ThisIsACreeper0101's edits. He makes constructive edits and so it should be granted to him the autopatrol flag IMHO. アンジェロ先輩 (talk) 17:43, 20 November 2021 (UTC)

Agreed.   Done. Dmehus (talk) 01:58, 21 November 2021 (UTC)

Flag!

Hello. I would like to request the patroller flag. I am an active contributor since June of this year and I believe I have sufficient experience to help out as a patroller. Thanks! --Magogre (talk) 10:23, 24 November 2021 (UTC)

He's been a patroller by practical definition for some time, more than suited to the right imo. --Raidarr (talk) 12:55, 24 November 2021 (UTC)
Magogre, while I'm not opposed to granting you this user permission based on your more recent activity and edits on Meta Wiki as well as other wikis, including TestWiki, I'm placing this   On hold pending an requested account confirmation. Once that's done, I'll take a look at this permission request tomorrow (around this time), with a view to likely granting. Thank you for volunteering! :) Dmehus (talk) 05:49, 25 November 2021 (UTC)
Magogre, this was   done. Please see the main patrol guidelines. Dmehus (talk) 19:58, 27 November 2021 (UTC)

Request for patroller

Hello, I'm requesting the patroller permission as I think it would be beneficial for me to have it in order to patrol pages that I've already reviewed. I'm generally active on Meta most of the time and already review pages. By becoming a patroller, I would be able to mark the pages I've already reviewed as patrolled to reduce the patrolling backlog. Thank you! Agent Isai Talk to me! 03:30, 28 November 2021 (UTC)

Agent Isai,   done per your request at here; please do see the main patrol guidelines. Thanks. Dmehus (talk) 03:34, 28 November 2021 (UTC)

Request for Patroller

Meta has the majority of my edits are on Meta, and on WikiJS, Bongo Cat, and Bukkit my edits combined (on Meta) would be 332 (333 once I make this edit), and although that isn’t a lot, I spend a lot of my time on meta, just looking at other users edits. I believe that this will be beneficial, as this will allow me to mark edits that I have viewed as reviewed. -- Cheers, Bukkit ( TalkAll Contribs ) 22:55, 28 November 2021 (UTC)

I think you can probably handle patroller, so this has now been   done. Please do see the main patrol guidelines. Dmehus (talk) 05:12, 29 November 2021 (UTC)

Autopatrol TigerBlazer

I believe he understands MH policies, and should be auto patrolled. -- Cheers, Bukkit ( TalkAll Contribs ) 01:06, 30 November 2021 (UTC)

Support! Anpang Talk Stuff 01:32, 30 November 2021 (UTC)
@Anpang: I don't see a problem with your comment, but remember this is not a vote, it's just a request to admins. That's why I recommend that you comment without {{support}} YellowFrogger (Talk Edits) 02:04, 30 November 2021 (UTC)
Oh Anpang Talk Stuff 02:34, 30 November 2021 (UTC)
Among users with a reception wiki background I've interacted with, I consider TigerBlazer to be one of the more solid users. I wouldn't see him as a type that needs worry through patrol markers. --Raidarr (talk) 09:23, 30 November 2021 (UTC)
Bukkit Though the user in question is not that active on Meta Wiki and would generally prefer to see some degree of greater activity, it seemed a bit bureaucratic to grant a temporary autopatrolled right for what would likely end up becoming a fait accompli. Thus, this is   done. Dmehus (talk) 10:33, 30 November 2021 (UTC)
Thank you very much :) TigerBlazer (talk) 12:11, 30 November 2021 (UTC)
No problem. :) Dmehus (talk) 12:19, 30 November 2021 (UTC)
I will say that I would like to contribute to the Meta more often (and now that I have this I just might do that), as I do come here every day to see what is going on, but usually only respond to anything on the noticeboards as I'm not sure what else to do other than that. TigerBlazer (talk) 12:35, 30 November 2021 (UTC)

Delete abstain

To me, the abstain template is pretty useless. It's the same thing as {{Neutral|Abstain}}. Maybe merge the 2 templates together? Or delete the neutral template or delete the abstain template? (And also make the Abstain page a redirect to Neutral of course) Anpang Talk Stuff 12:31, 30 November 2021 (UTC)

This is reasonable, but should be moved to this noticeboard. I would also add the older template should be kept, whether {{abstain}} or {{neutral}}. Would you mind moving the entirety of this discussion, linking to the most recent permalink in your edit summaries? Thanks. Dmehus (talk) 13:11, 30 November 2021 (UTC)

Request for Confirmed Permissions

It looks like my account on Meta is older than 10 days, but has no Autoconfirmed permission, except on fancadewiki:. I want autoconfirmed permissions. TylerMagee (talk) 16:28, 2 December 2021 (UTC)

@TylerMagee: For you to get autoconfirmed, you must also have at least 5 edits on top of being 10 days old. Agent Isai Talk to me! 16:32, 2 December 2021 (UTC)
Per Meta:Autoconfirmed users, it requires 4 days and 10 edits to be 'autoconfirmed' on meta. --Magogre (talk) 16:40, 2 December 2021 (UTC)
Magogre We can give you confirmed permissions temporarily, but do you have some specific reason? Also, it's only for this wiki.--MrJaroslavik (talk) 16:14, 3 December 2021 (UTC)
@MrJaroslavik: Hi, twas not Mag that requested confirmed, twas TylerMagee. Ugochimobi (talk) 16:20, 3 December 2021 (UTC)
TylerMagee,   done for one week per your request. Note this will apply to Meta Wiki only. If you require confirmed permissions, please ask locally on a suitable venue or on the user talk page of any Special:ListUsers/sysop. If the wiki has no recently active local administrators, you can request steward assistance in their stead at stewards' noticeboard. Dmehus (talk) 09:00, 4 December 2021 (UTC)

Request to fix pages in MediaWiki namespace

Hello. Can an administrator please:
  1. replace the content of MediaWiki:Group-central notice manager with Central notice managers because it is supposed to be plural.
  2. revert the edits made by Reception123 here as they have seemingly edited the wrong page and create MediaWiki:Group-central notice manager-member with central notice manager as it's content.
  3. create MediaWiki:Grouppage-central notice manager with {{ns:project}}:Central notice managers. Thank you! --Magogre (talk) 03:26, 27 November 2021 (UTC)
  Done. Sorry about that, I was looking at the checkuser group as an example and got confused. Reception123 (talk) (C) 05:34, 27 November 2021 (UTC)
Thank you Reception123. Have you deliberately left MediaWiki:Group-central notice manager-member or there is a reason behind it :) --Magogre (talk) 06:00, 27 November 2021 (UTC)
I will do the latter, but am placing this request on hold as we're going to amend the technical group name a bit, mainly to use hyphens rather than spaces, which, admittedly, aren't great in technical terms from an aesthetic point of view, and to use "admin" rather than "manager". Dmehus (talk) 19:47, 27 November 2021 (UTC)
Dmehus, any updates. --Magogre (talk) 13:51, 6 December 2021 (UTC)

Add this extension

  Idea: Add this following extension: mw:Extension:SandboxLink. It can be now or right after the update. It adds the sandbox link on top of the user bars, which makes it much easier YellowFrogger (Talk UnEdits) (Bring back patrolled) 16:17, 7 December 2021 (UTC)

Autopatrol Danniel

I don’t see an apparent reason to patrol his edits. Seems to be a trusted Mirahezian with a lot of edits. -- Cheers, Bukkit ( TalkAll Contribs ) 23:57, 4 December 2021 (UTC)

  Done ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (on) 12:58, 9 December 2021 (UTC)

Meta:Twinkle

Meta:Twinkle - This page needs a translation. Only with a translation administrator YellowFrogger (Talk Edits) 18:12, 8 December 2021 (UTC)

The page is marked for translation. Anyone may translate it. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (on) 12:57, 9 December 2021 (UTC)
When I said it, it still wasn't YellowFrogger (Talk Edits) 12:58, 9 December 2021 (UTC)

Request for interface-admin (Ugochimobi)

Please add the group to my account, I am good with managing the MediaWiki: namespace, I am an interface-admin on Commons and some other wikis too, I also want to fix this twinkle TW issue we currently have. I have requested for it before now but it seems it wasn't attended to. Per requirement, I have a strong password, 2FA enabled, and I'm an interwiki-adminUgochimobi (talk) 17:29, 10 December 2021 (UTC)

Request for Patroller (YellowFrogger)