To speak with other Miraheze users real-time you can connect through Internet Relay Chat (IRC) to the freenode IRC network. This is currently the main channel:
- connect (logs) - general discussion related to Miraheze
- connect (logs) - channel for contacting Miraheze channel operators
- connect (logs) - channel for technical discussions and contacting Miraheze Site Reliability Engineers
- connect - an IRC Recent Changes feed of all public wikis
- connect (logs) - a public channel to inform CVT members of any vandalism or spam on a wiki.
- connect - IRC Recent Changes Feed for meta.miraheze.org
- connect - Feed channel for CVT monitoring bots
- connect - off-topic discussion
For IRC Operators please see IRC/Ops.
Access with open proxies, web hosts, and/or VPNs are automatically banned, by MirahezeBot, from certain IRC channels. This is because of our open proxies policy. If you would like to request an exemption, please email techmiraheze.org.
Some channels are logged on wm-bot.wmflabs.org. They are listed above with links to their logs.
- Note: Using IRC without an IRC cloak will display your IP address to those currently in the channel at the time, so you are encouraged to use an IRC client like IRCCloud, which provides you a complimentary cloak upon creating an account
There are some bots that we use (some are owned by Miraheze, some are not). Before adding a bot to a channel, please ask an operator first.
- icinga-miraheze - Reports issues and recoveries. Part of Icinga
- MirahezeLogBot - Logs items on Server Admin Log
- MirahezeRCBot - feeds recent changes from all public wikis to IRC (#miraheze-feed)
- wm-bot5 - displays personalized commands (i.e. "good night") and others. Also provides channel logging. For details see this
- not-*(numbers can be different) - displays GitHub actions on the Miraheze Repositories
- Sigyn - Kills spammers from the network, operated by Freenode. If bot is not around for 'no spam recently' and spammers return, be an op and use
/invite Sigyn #mirahezeto summon them.
- eir - Manages quiets and bans, logging reasons and un-bans when given date expires. See usage here
- Void-bot - Helps maintain channel, see here for features
- MirahezeBot - A bot ran and maintained (on MirahezeBots) by Void, RhinosF1, and Reception123, command listing is found by .help
- MH-Discord - Relays messages between IRC and Miraheze's Discord.
- SigmaBotMH - Helps combat spam and vandalism.
- StreamBotMH - Reports recent changes from specified wikis/pages/logs to specified channels.