This page is for community discussion. Official actions/requests should be made at Stewards' noticeboard
If you want:
Please remember to:
- 1 I have a problem
- 2 What's happening with Labster and the finance pace?
- 3 My avatar doesn't show up whenever I write a comment?
- 4 Special:MobileMenu
- 5 how can i edit side bar?
- 6 Typing error at requesting my wiki, what to do now?
- 7 RhinosF1
- 8 Error with cargo table
- 9 how to fix search?
- 10 How to configure 'read only' members in private wiki?
- 11 add interwiki link in magehands wiki
I have a problem[edit | edit source]
Can someone look at this? I can not get any further.
What's happening with Labster and the finance pace?[edit | edit source]
My avatar doesn't show up whenever I write a comment?[edit | edit source]
Everyone else's does, though. This must be a bug or something.
I know I tried deleting my avatar and reuploading/changing it again, but it's still blank in the comments.
I hope there is one way to fix it. One way or another...
Special:MobileMenu[edit | edit source]
Is there a way to edit the MobileMenu special page so that when I am on a smartphone, i can have more information than Home and Random Page when accessing the menu ?
When I go on https://zw.fontainebleau-avon.fr/wiki/Sp%C3%A9cial:MobileMenu while connected with an admin user, I have no way to do it.
I tried to have a look on Mediawiki's website but did not understand where to find the information
Thank you for your help
- Minerva Neue's a pain for menu editing. As I understand it is not possible on Miraheze and you would need to find an admin. Try @ operations on the discord... ~ El Komodos Drago (talk to me) 10:48, 2 December 2019 (UTC)
how can i edit side bar?[edit | edit source]
- @Meoru00: In Mediawiki:Sidebar of your wiki. Hispano76 (talk) 15:38, 28 November 2019 (UTC)
Typing error at requesting my wiki, what to do now?[edit | edit source]
I requested and now already got it, thanks for this fast work, the kujum wiki. But now I have learned, that I had misunderstood my woman. She wanted nujum and not kujum. Nujum in tunisian lanuage means "stars" or so, but kujum means absolutely nothing, Please take my big Sorry for that.
The quetion now is: What to do best with the kujum wiki? Will it be okay to just request a further wiki, now with the name nujum? Using the kujum as test field and backup? Or would it be better to correct this failure?
- @Peter Littmann: You can edit your wiki request by clicking here. Reception123 (talk) (C) 16:31, 28 November 2019 (UTC)
- @Peter Littmann: It looks like your wiki has been created already. However, you can fix the wiki name from Special:ManageWiki/core of your wiki, and can request for fixing the subdomain on Phabricator.--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 16:53, 28 November 2019 (UTC)
RhinosF1[edit | edit source]
I took on the role of Sysadmin at Miraheze 2.5 months ago. I regretfully confirm that after just this short space of time I will be stepping down from my staff role at Miraheze on 14/12/2019. In late August, I experienced a short illness which faded soon after but at the very end of the month a more sinister turn was taken.
As September progressed, things seemed to be going well. Unfortunately, In the last few weeks, I have continued to decline which has left me in a position where I've been rendered unable to maintain what I was doing.
I will keep my Wiki Creator and Sysop hats on Meta in case I am around but health will take priority.
I'd like to wish everyone a great Christmas and New Year and thanks for your support!
If you have any questions, please contact me on IRC or Discord. You can also email staff[at]miraheze.org who may assist you if you want information as some staff have it or let me know so I can get in touch.
- ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - ( offline)
- Mediawiki System Administrator
- 18:38, 29 November 2019 (UTC)
- As I have also said in private it is very regretful that you have decided to leave and you will be missed. I hope that your health issues will improve and that one day you will be able to return to Miraheze. Good luck! Reception123 (talk) (C) 18:41, 29 November 2019 (UTC)
- Strong oppose this resignation is in violation of policy... somehow, I just know it :P Zppix (Meta | CVT Member | talk to me) 20:25, 29 November 2019 (UTC)
- Heh, wishing their was a magic word that could cure it. Illness doesn't seem to like being told when to come and go! ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - ( offline) 22:12, 29 November 2019 (UTC)
- @Zppix: Seriously speaking, I think he's rather being responsible (see CoC: stepping down considerately is part of our guidelines).
@RhinosF1: Anyways, thanks for the great help you've done, and I'm looking forward to seeing you coming back when you get better!--開拓者 (The Pioneer) (talk/contribs | global🌎) 01:04, 30 November 2019 (UTC)
- I was speechless when I saw this. I refer to what my colleagues have said. Hispano76 (talk) 22:46, 29 November 2019 (UTC)
- We are all very sorry to see you go. I know I for one will miss you while you are gone and you are in my prayers for a speedy recovery. --EK ● contribs 17:50, 30 November 2019 (UTC)
Error with cargo table[edit | edit source]
Recently I opened Cargo extension on rs.miraheze.org. However, after editing a template decaling Cargo, error happens. See Special:CargoTables and Template:关卡信息. And Special:CargoTables is currently empty. --SolidBlock (talk) 12:05, 30 November 2019 (UTC)
- @SolidBlock: If it is an issue with the Cargo extension itself, you should make a task item at phabricator. --EK ● contribs 17:57, 30 November 2019 (UTC)
how to fix search?[edit | edit source]
Hello! I have a problem with the full version of the site. Search does not find existing articles. In the mobile version, everything works. Video -- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HsMtmnhkxBXA4WycdNR_2wgibZY26sQW/view?usp=sharing --Kwack (talk) 07:33, 4 December 2019 (UTC)
How to configure 'read only' members in private wiki?[edit | edit source]
I’m not sure which user group to use for a read-only role in our private Wiki. I’d like to assign new users a read-only role until they send an email to an admin confirming they have read and understand our private Wiki’s guidelines on unacceptable content and page editing etiquette.
I’m not sure which user group to use for a read-only role. Roles I’ve tried:
- With no group at all the user can’t read the etiquette and content guidelines pages (although they can edit our main page).
- List Group Rights page shows the ‘Members’ group’s only right as “Read Pages” but when I add a user to the ‘Members’ group they can edit pages.
None of the other roles look like they’d keep a user from making edits.
- Hi Chuck.Beckett, and welcome to Miraheze! The reason members can still edit pages is because the
'edit'permission is still assigned to the
'*'(all users) and
'user'(registered users) groups, so the permission is inherited alongside
'member'group. You can restrict this edit access by removing the
'edit'permission from both of the previously mentioned groups.
- When you do this, be sure to assign
'sysop'or another group of your choosing because it will prevent you from editing as well. dross (t • c • g) 22:12, 6 December 2019 (UTC)
[edit | edit source]
Hi! Could you please add an interwiki entry to the local interwiki settings of https://magehands.miraheze.org ? The URL pattern is "https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/$1", and the prefix should be "fr". Around 95% of our external links are going to route there. If it has to go into a common interwiki table, feel free to go with "fr-fandom" or "fandom-fr" as a prefix, but if it can be local to magehands please use "fr".