This page is for community discussion. Official actions/requests should be made at Stewards' noticeboard
If you want:
Please remember to:
- 1 how to fix error?
- 2 Add to Google Search
- 3 Interlanguage prefixes for Idiotpedia
- 4 Accounts policy
- 5 The Rename progess
- 6 Paid staff
- 7 Interlanguage prefixes for Idiotpedia
- 8 No active login attempt is in progress for your session.
- 9 Username policy
- 10 I have a problem
- 11 A vandal named Gripp
- 12 Can you please global Inkȿter
- 13 How do I get rid of the "Welcome to (Insert wiki here)" pop-up?
- 14 How do I change my username?
- 15 Request for interwiki on Rikapedia
- 16 Request for interwiki on Rikapedia Fanon
- 17 How do you make your wiki discussion sections look like this?
- 18 The discussion bar still doesn't show up when I enable Flow.
how to fix error?
Hello! When I did the Template "Website" I got the error "Error Lua in Module: Wikidata on line 186: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value)." I think I need to enable the "Wikibase (client)" extension for the template to work. If I think correctly, how can I turn it on? Wiki — frog.miraheze.org Kwack (talk)
Add to Google Search
- @Kwack: It's based on Google's PageRank system, so if users wanna find your wiki, they'd have to explicitly search for "your wiki name" Miraheze. But for some wikis, if the wiki is a specific popular subject and there is a Miraheze wiki that exists about such subject, then the wiki will probably show in Google Search. Like searching "2b2t wiki" will show a Miraheze wiki link as the first result. –Ανδρέας talk | contributions 22:52, 30 September 2019 (UTC)
Interlanguage prefixes for Idiotpedia
- @PapercutsExist: Can you confirm exactly what format you want for the interwiki(s)? ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - ( On wikibreak) 17:46, 27 September 2019 (UTC)
- @RhinosF1:I have a question is it possible to format .php? 「ペーパーカット？！」 PapercutsExist 18:50, 27 September 2019 (UTC)
It becomes increasingly hard to be a free-thinker in Wikimedia wikis, particularly expressing thoughts critical of privileged or highly active users. Uploading certain content and making certain statements is too dangerous for a person holding some positions in wikis, especially for a public person. May a group of Wikimedians register an account here on Miraheze for that rôle? No problem to notify Miraheze top management (such as John F. Lewis) about identity of actual operators – this information just may not leak to the Wikimedia’s establishment. Again, this is not to sow deception on Miraheze, only to protect career of users abroad (specifically, in Wikimedia projects). Incnis Mrsi (talk) 13:55, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
- I am only one vote and not a policymaker, but would strongly object to using Miraheze to start or prolong a vendetta arising on some other website. It is not a problem with Wikimedia nor inappropriate protection of "privileged" users so much as a human reaction to injecting drama into any society. It is not hard to be a free-thinker on-line. 18:17 29-Sep-2019
- A valid difference of opinion. At the least, importation of drama would be blocked at any wiki I administer as incompatible with the aims of the wiki. I concede it's unlikely to affect Miraheze's reputation, but solely because it's a tiny fraction of activity here, not because it's a healthy thing. 02:08 30-Sep-2019
The Rename progess
Hey there this my alt account of PaperClip and I was changing my name but the progress of the name is taking to long. Think wiki that stopping me from my name is this the wiki was deleted and taking a long time to change my username to PaperClip I don't know if this is a problem or not PaperClip's alt (you wanna start a flame war?) 14:28, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
- @TehUnobtainableMicheal: We're looking into it. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - ( On wikibreak) 14:31, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
- @RhinosF1: It stop again -_- PaperClip's alt (you wanna start a flame war?) 15:44, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
- @RhinosF1: It stopped now... --PaperClip's alt (you wanna start a flame war?) 16:35, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
I’ve seen a lot of people who want to become a Miraheze sysadmin. Why are they still “volunteers” and not “staff”? Basically, anyone who at least have autopatrol and/or rollback/wiki creator is automatically automatically a “staff” and they should be “paid”. Why are the best local staff members not paid for managing the Miraheze servers? OwenFung87 06:26, 30 September 2019 (UTC)
- @OwenFung87: Staff is higher than the rights you've mentioned and I don't know any wiki that pays a rollbacker or normal contributors and we don't do this for money. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - ( On wikibreak) 14:15, 30 September 2019 (UTC)
- @OwenFung87: I wouldn't accept payment as I chose to do this in my free time for everyone's good as I enjoy it. I'm not wanting money out of this. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - ( On wikibreak) 14:15, 30 September 2019 (UTC)
- Comment Also, please be aware of your RfC restrictions as while it seems to be a polite question at this point, I can see this easily breaching the spirit of your sanctions. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - ( On wikibreak) 14:15, 30 September 2019 (UTC)
- @RhinosF1: I am not trying to breach my sanctions, once again, I am just asking questions about Miraheze that will extremely unlikely to be happening (e.g. real meetings with WMF staff). I will always keep it to my user subpage for "fake proposals" that will not be converted into "real" proposals until my sanction has been ended. I promise that I will never violate my sanction and feel free to address any concerns. I will accept a request for a global ban if I ever violate my sanctions. Thank you. I will not officially appeal this restriction until I am at the age of 16 and my parents and friends allow me to do that, although this may be changed or exempted if there is a need (e.g. Miraheze is to be incorporated, which will never happen anytime soon). Sincerely, Owen Jason Fung (Student, Hong Kong International School) Please note that I will not accept any face to face meetings, until, again, I am at the age of 16. --OwenFung87 12:48, 3 October 2019 (UTC)
Interlanguage prefixes for Idiotpedia
Interlanguage Prefix: fr:
Example of how it would work: fr:9800 -> fr:Accueil
Requested for: https://idiotpedia.miraheze.org/wiki/
--「ペーパークリップ？！」(PaperClip) Flame wars 13:52, 1 October 2019 (UTC)
No active login attempt is in progress for your session.
That's the error I get when I try to log in to my account on Incredible Wikis and Users Wiki. Can you maybe fix this?
- The global community is invited to create more complete definitions of offensive, insulting, harassing, and trolling to complement the first and last criteria. Note that an existing definition for harassment exists in the Code of Conduct.
- The community is invited to consider the creation of a Request for Comments/Usernames page per the proposal at Requests for Comment/Username policy (2)#Amendment 2 to the enforcement section (Provision for RfC/U).
For any clarification of the new policy, please ask below. For completion of these two clarifications, I'd recommend starting a new (sub)section, but you can do whatever you want. -- Void Whispers 23:46, 2 October 2019 (UTC)
- @Void: However, since Proposal 3 does not pass, if the locking user/or any wikis interfered with the user/or the whole Miraheze community has a large contradiction, users/staff may have to meet face-to-face or even lead to a Supreme Court decision. OwenFung87 12:53, 3 October 2019 (UTC)
- I have per point 2 created Requests_for_Comment/RfCU_process. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - ( On wikibreak) 13:29, 5 October 2019 (UTC)
I have a problem
Can someone look at this? I can not get any further.
A vandal named Gripp
There's a vandal named Gripp who just destroyed a wiki known as Wage 10. He deleted every single page on it and blocked everyone on it. He also sent me a message that's very offensive on Terrible TV Shows Wiki. Please block him right away.
UPDATE: I also found another message he sent to a user named MJ2009 on Terrible TV Shows Wiki.
- And he came here and deleted your complaint, a banning offense in my view, apart from the overt antagonism-about-nothing shown in his posts. 01:31 6-Oct-2019
- @IAMEiji: I have locked the account for vandalism, however I am not able to remove the comments as it seems CVT does not have global commentadmin. Feel free to have local sysop (or possible yourself) revert them. Thanks Zppix (Meta | CVT Member | talk to me) 01:36, 6 October 2019 (UTC)
Can you please global Inkȿter
How do I get rid of the "Welcome to (Insert wiki here)" pop-up?
There's an annoying pop-up when I edit a page that says "Welcome to (Insert wiki here)". It constantly gets on my nerves because it appears every single time I try to edit. Can you please help me get rid of it?
How do I change my username?
Hi! I wanted to change my username but found no information this regard. Can anybody tell me something about the process, or if it is even possible? Thanks in advance — Preceding unsigned comment added by Leo.rocca (talk • contribs)
- @Leo.rocca: Go to here to change it. --「ペーパークリップ？！」PaperClip I am also on TCRF 16:55, 7 October 2019 (UTC)
Request for interwiki on Rikapedia
Request for interwiki on Rikapedia Fanon
Hey. I wanna add an interwiki link for Rikapedia Fanon as well. The interwiki is "rika" and the URL is "https://epikrika.miraheze.org/wiki/". --「ペーパークリップ？！」PaperClip I am also on TCRF 14:28, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
How do you make your wiki discussion sections look like this?
- Just set up Flow. - P1av0rSe01Complaint? 16:34, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- When I try, it gives me this error: The following errors occurred:Extension blogpage was not added because of failed requirements. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Pacsonic9000 (talk • contribs)
The discussion bar still doesn't show up when I enable Flow.
- After enabling the Flow extension, you have to change content model for talk namespaces. Follow these steps to do so:
- Go to Special:ManageWiki/namespaces page on your wiki.
- Select the corresponding subject namespace of talk namespace where you want to enable Flow.
- Move to "Talk namespace" tab.
- Change content model of it to
- Move to "Submit" tab.
- Type the reason you want to enable Flow and press Submit.