Minutes of Directors Meeting On October 8th, 2021
- Robert Lanphier (RL)
- Owen Baines (OB)
Meeting Opened at 20:15 UTC and closed at 21:30 UTC.
- AP: Action Point
- R: Resolution
Action Point SummaryEdit
|Action Point||Actor||Due Date|
|Data Processor Inventory Draft||Alexander Zimmerman||2021-12-31|
- Preliminary Matters
- Ferran Tufan was not present. Directors considered a chair appointment for the meeting. OB was appointed chair unanimously.
- Alexander Zimmerman placed apologies due to unforeseen technical issues.
- Previous Matters
- No updates were provided on previous matters.
- Financial Review
- RL asked questions surrounding the significant changes in “incomings” during the most recent quarter and the one preceding. OB went through the accounts and estimated that over half of donations were one-off ‘big’ donation, one quarter were regular donations, and the other quarter were one-off small donations.
- R: “Directors resolve that; the financial review should be published for public viewing with the minutes.” (Agreed: RL, OB)
- Director of Site Reliability Engineering Position
- It was agreed that the position of ‘Director of Site Reliability Engineering’ would be dissolved temporarily, and its responsibilities would be shared among Engineering Managers in Infrastructure and MediaWiki.
- It was appreciated that having an equal-number leadership structure could result in unresolvable disputes that may lead to more Board micromanagement of the department. The Board would work with both Engineering Managers to assist and resolve such cases as they arise and would review the arrangement at its next meeting in January.
- The Board would like to thank RL for his time over the last two years as a director, for his experience and knowledge he brought to the role. RL’s term as a director will end on December 31st, 2021, as he did not wish to seek another term. The Board hope that RL will continue to engage in imparting his wisdom on the technical team as he has in the past.
- R: “Directors resolve that; Owen Baines is re-appointed to serve as an Appointed Director of Miraheze Limited. The term will extend through until December 31st, 2022, where it may be extended by resolution.” (Agreed: RL, OB)
- R: “Directors resolve that; Alexander Zimmerman is re-appointed to serve as an Appointed Director of Miraheze Limited. The term will extend through until December 31st, 2023, where it may be extended by resolution.” (Agreed: RL, OB)
- The Board would also like to thank Ferran Tufan for his contributions as the Technical Representative Director, representing technical volunteers on Miraheze, for the past two years and the work he has done as Chair of the Board.
- The Board would like to express its disappointment that Site Reliability Engineering have not been able to nominate a replacement to continue the work of Ferran, ensuring technical volunteers have a say at executive level with the Board.
- Further and finally, the Board would like to note it is still open to receiving nominations from the Community for Community Directors. Its interest in supporting this great role has not waned in the near eighteen months since the initial call was issued.
|Used So Far||£881.20||£1787.67||£869.21||£1440.13||£771.15|